1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CPUTIN temp 128 Celcius and not crashing?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by vziera, Mar 21, 2012.

1. vziera

vziera New Member

Thanks Received:
    Check these screen caps out guys:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is this issue common? what is likely causing this? I just hope it's not because my physical sensor is defective nor anything like that :(
  2. Albuquerque New Member

Thanks Received:
    There's something 'wrong' with Intel boards and spurious thermal indications on non-used sensor ports. While InteLBurnTesting on my DX79Si / 3930k setup, the HWMonitor will only show a few temp sensors (VRM1, 2, 3, CPU, Aux) at the beginning -- along with only the two fans I have connected. Then at some point, it will 'blink' and now I have like six more thermal sensors that are all reading bizarre numbers (like yours -- 127*c, along with -127*c and some other obviously wrong stuff.)

I also get a bunch of wrong fan inputs that suddenly show up at the same time, too. I'll suddenly have three AUX fans that are all purported to be running at 65,535 RPM's. Riiiiiight.

I really am quite happy with my Intel board, but it has little niggly issues like this that make me a bit suspicious. I probably will not buy another Intel enthusiast board again, although I wouldn't pick anyone else's board for a server-class device.
    vziera says thanks.
  3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Socket CPU temp sensor is broken. Cores look good, nothing to be concerned about. :)
    vziera says thanks.
  4. vziera

vziera New Member

Thanks Received:
    So apparently it's a common issue on intel motherboards, allright but should we RMA for that reason? what has likely caused the sensor on the socket broken?
  5. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't, it's such a tiny little thing. If the manufacturers even approved it (which they usually don't if it's that small of a problem) you could buy a fan controller with temp probes for less than shipping costs.
    vziera says thanks.
  6. Albuquerque New Member

Thanks Received:
    The DX79Si comes with it's own "remote thermal probe" that you can connect to an aux jumper and then place the probe end wherever you want. I used that to keep an eye on the top of my Zalman heatsink.
  7. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    even if you RMA u will just end up with a board with the same issue .never trust software readings
    vziera says thanks.
  8. vziera

vziera New Member

Thanks Received:
    All right so there's really nothing to worry about I take it.
    So I hereby close my case as SOLVED, thank you my friends, I hope we might meet again in good and pleasant health someday.