1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crossfire Support for BF3?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Castiel, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    Hey Guys.

Has it been announced, or is there any reviews or test of Battlefield 3 being played with a Crossfire setup? Will Crossfire be in favor or SLI?

2. claylomax

claylomax

Thanks Received:
  3. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    It looks like the game is going to favor nvidia chips in general, but I'm sure AMD will have a profile ready. This is going to be a huge release, so it's super important.

Castiel says thanks.
  4. Boneface

Thanks Received:
    An AMD driver is this wk for bf3 along with 11.9!

5. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah the way the alpha ran on my 6850s (e.g. well) I kind of assumed crossfire was working but this was just an alpha so that doesn't seem likely (and also less hardware stress). But, still, a single 6850? I guess I could have enabled the logo thingy...

6. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    They have had crossfire support in BF3 since 11.7 guys.The new one this week will be for beta they have updated them since11.7.These ones out will be 11.9 preview and probably supports WIN8PD to.

LordJummy says thanks.
  7. NAVI_Z

NAVI_Z New Member

Thanks Received:
    i'm hoping my twin xfx HD 5870's in xfire can run BF3. i'll be running eyefinity also. here's

to high hopes(cross fingers)...hehe.

8. FierceRed

FierceRed

Thanks Received:
    Be advised, anyone running CrossFire and hoping to participate in the BF3 open beta, that the Twitter feed has made it very clear that you simply install the 11.10 preview and nothing else.

The CAP they have optimized specifically for BF3 is included in the 11.10 preview package and shouldn't be overridden until they release the next official CAP later this week.

Also as an aside, the 11.10 CCC has some nice organizational and visual improvements that help distinguish it from some interns Visual Basic weekend project, and more as something that a multi-billion dollar company would produce. It even loads faster. It's about time too.

You can see these improvements under the Hardware/Software information, CrossFireX area, and particularly the Video Settings area, which now have mobile inspired On/Off sliders.