1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crossfire without CCC?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by chron, Dec 6, 2011.

1. chron New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is there a way to enable CrossfireX without Catalyst Control Center(CCC)?
  2. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    its required to have it to be able to enable and disable the capability. It even applies to NV's SLI(their driver control variant). If it is not installed the system will not configure for crossfire n just show you have 2 separate vid adapters with no means of combining them for performance gain
  3. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Just out of curiosity why are you asking? Seems to be a slightly odd request in my opinion.
    digibucc says thanks.
  4. ml2517

Thanks Received:
    RadeonPro will let you enable it and customize what crossfire method you want for individual games etc..
    chron says thanks.
  5. chron New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm getting a blue screen every so often with some atimpag file (or something like that.) I googled it last night and people were saying they found the issue to be directly related to CCC.

I will check it out, thank you!
  6. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Seems to be worknig with just plain driver install on my test rig. Installed cards at the same time.
    chron says thanks.
  7. chron New Member

Thanks Received:
    Awesome. Yeah that's what I'm going for. Just drivers, and a third party program to access the functions and enabled/disable crossfire.

Back when I had my X800XL, followed with an X1900XT, I would just install the drivers and use ATI Tray Tools by Ray Adams, then I went nvidia for a while, then got back into ATI later with a 5870 and just used CCC. Now I'm getting this error ever since I went crossfire, and I'd like to return to how I used to do things, but it seems Ray is unable to enable crossfire with the latest drivers, so I'll give this RadeonPro a shot. I guess I'll install the media codec pack too, but really that's all I need.

Thanks for the input, guys!
  8. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    have you tried simply using a slightly older driver?
  9. chron New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I tried RadeonPro, and it seems nice and all, but it isn't detecting games for shit, even when I leave api detection on and force aggressive detection.

I tried with a steam game, ghostbusters, but it simply isn't seeing it's running. In the global settings, I can turn on the crossfirex logo, but in the ghostbusters profile leave it off, and the logo is still there when i play the game. When I do the reverse, with it on in the profile, off in global, the logo isn't there, so it's not loading the profile.

I got the same with 11.10 :(
  10. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    tray tools is still about and updated recently , anyway are you sure the low level driver for radeon pro is loaded as app detection depends on it plus app detection could be switched off in radeon pro:) just a few ideas
  11. ml2517

Thanks Received:
    Did you create a profile for the game and configure the stuff on the launchers tab? http://www.radeonpro.info/en-US/Manual/32/The-Launcher-tab
  12. chron New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah, and i did it with the wizard too

oh wait a second, the launcher executable thing was disabled. I chose steam but still no success. Did I do it wrong somehow?
  13. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yes, you need to select the game's executable, not steam's.
    in steam\steamapps\common