1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crunchers Helping Crunchers

Discussion in 'World Community Grid (WCG)' started by Chicken Patty, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello everyone,

I am starting this thread so that we can try to help each other out on getting some of our unfinished rigs up and crunching.

If you have an unfinished rig, you can post a list of components you need to get that rig running and I'll make a list in the first post with the member name and what it is that they are missing. This way anybody can see it and help out if they can/want.

However, in order to qualify for this you need to have an average of at least 1000 points according to the below link. (EXCEPTIONS ARE POSSIBLE) Once at below link you can check the "Average" column to see if you qualify. Purpose of this is to see who really wants parts to crunch or not. This shows some sort of dedication to crunching and gaurantees us that these parts we are sending out will be used for what they are intended for.

Below is the link where you can check your stats including the average. If you have any questions please ask away.

PLEASE NOTE, no negotiations in the thread, this is not a FS/FT/WTB thread. Take it to PM if you want to negotiate.

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=team&proj=bwcg&team=22175

I ask as a favor to help me keep this list updated. If you have already received the part(s) let me know so I can remove the name from the list. Thank you.

List

Username - Parts Needed

stinger608 - i7 socket 1366 chip around the $120 to $140
    Paulieg - cheap Thuban x6 chip
    theonedub - 250gb SATA HDD or smaller SATA drive (~80gb)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Username - Parts available. ***They can be free, or not, maybe just shipping, or just a good price. That is up to the owner. I'm only listing what is available for grabs whether it's free or not.***

CrAsHnBuRnXp - 2 AMD Athlon 64 3200+ CPU's if someone wants them. Just pay shipping.
    theonedub - download voucher for Carnival Monkey See Monkey Do (Kids Kinect Game for X360) for any active cruncher or folder who has a kid that might enjoy it.
    Paulieg - 555BE that unlocks to a quad for free to some WCG member in need, 2500K Bundle

KieX - - Netgear DG384 V2 ADSL Firewall Router (No power supply), D-Link DAP-1353 WirelessN Access Point (No power supply)
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  2. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for taking initiative CP. This is a good idea. :)
    Chicken Patty says thanks.
  3. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    indeed it is. I'm sure there are people that got a CPU and a board laying around that maybe need things like a HDD and some RAM, or a PSU to get a rig running but are short on cash, well if they post it up, i'm sure me and some of the other generous members here can either just give the hardware for as low as shipping, or maybe just a very good price to make some money and also help out a fellow cruncher on saving lots of money and getting their rigs going.

Let's see how it turns out :toast: Thanks for the help too man!
    Paulieg says thanks.
  4. stanhemi

stanhemi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys

if someone want to sell a pump for my quad I could begin again crunching with it.i'm in canada.

exemple: swiftech 355 or 655 or something similar :eek:

i don't have paypal and i'm under a bankruptcy so i'm not rich.i can't buy a new pump here in montreal the price is just too much for now. (swiftech 655 120$+15%tax it just too much for now) so let me know if somebody have a pump to sell.

thanks
  5. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    Thank you stanhemi, I myself don't have a pump to donate, but I'll put you up on the list and hopefully somebody will be generous enough to help out :rockout:
    dustyshiv says thanks.
  6. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    stanhemi, you are up on the board. What rig are you currently crunching with, I know #'s yesterday were slightly inflated but you put out over 1k.
  7. stanhemi

stanhemi New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks chicken Patty i can pay something (cheap)for the pump and shipping.

i'm using 1x E1200 and 1x p4 3200mhz and if i found a pump my Q9550@4050mhz all of them crunching 24/7
  8. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have an a64 x2, a pair of ballistix, a phenom stock heatsink

it would be grateful, if someone has parts, to get the a64 up and running:
    - some am2/am2+ board, should have at least some settings to undervolt,and primitive memory adjustments, preferred with igp, because of lacking:
    -pcie graphics card, in case i dont get an igp... performance is not needed. it only should deliver a video signal, so i can activate boinc.
    -some spartanic HD,dont matter if ide or sata,even 20gb are enough, only for OS,Boinc,Everest,some benchprogs
    -PSU, but i hope to get an RMA of my old 550w generic one

im relatively new, but have soon found my passion for crunching... my outputs with only my ph2 hopefully prove that;) thanks for any kind of help!
  9. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    NP bro. Glad to see you crunching with every bit of hardware you got man :toast:
    stanhemi says thanks.
  10. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks for the add!:)
  11. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    No problem dude

I got a 250GB IDE HDD that not sure if it works. I'll try it out, if it works I'll send it your way just for shipping dude. I'll keep you posted on that. From your list thats all I have.
    Velvet Wafer says thanks.
  12. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey, thats very kind! i would love it to see my old baby in running condition again!;)
  13. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    Once I replace my AMD cruncher i'll have a board available but its a Socket 939 board though. :(
  14. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    ugh... damn, that wont fit an am2 proc^^

i hope i get her to 3.3-3.4 again... very nice x2..
  15. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    i had a 6000+, ran it at 3.3 Ghz daily, 3.4 Ghz for benching, lovely CPU, my buddy is still using it. Has been running for many many years :toast:
  16. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    these things are hard to kill.. i had one 4400+ years ago, that got 1.6 daily for 7-10 hours, had more than 105c° on one day in summer(shutted down very lately), and got cutted. at last it died, due to my waterblock breaking the edge of the blank die... but it took every torture act with ease :D
  17. freaksavior

freaksavior To infinity ... and beyond!

Thanks Received:
    if i had another dual core something i would crunch my server.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  18. Papahyooie

Papahyooie

Thanks Received:
    I have several white box / generic atx and matx cases i'd be happy to send out. Some of the larger ones are cut up a bit for extra fan holes and not pretty but they're all functional, most of them with single 80mm fan ports on the back (older style). Cost a penny to ship, but im sure i can find a big enough flat rate box to send them in. Let me know if anyone needs one.
  19. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    I had mentioned in the Pay it Forward thread that we needed a place for WFF requests, thanks for making one.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    I plan on crunching on my w6600 once my net gets set up also I have a pump I can donate lainh d5 so let me no the address it needs to he sent to free of charge and it has little to no use on it also I threaded it for 1/2 inch barbs so its nicer than normal or I have a 3550swif tech your choice free
  21. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Great thread CP~
    Crunching for Team TPU
  22. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    yeah they are. Those AMD chips were awesome man, makes me want to get one now just to overclock it :laugh:

Thank you :toast: Can you post a pic or a link, I don't know what you are talking about, sorry.

No problem bro, figured this is a great oppurtunity to get some people crunching :toast:

stanhemi is looking for a pump, he is on the list in the first post. PM him about it, he needs it to get his Q9950 up and crunching. Thanks alot for helping out bro :toast:

Thank you Hammer :toast:
    Velvet Wafer and stanhemi say thanks.
  23. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    so what exactly are you looking for dude, so I can put you up on the list :toast:
  24. Papahyooie

Papahyooie

Thanks Received:
    Just regular cases. Old, mostly white or beige colored atx or microatx (like dells and stuff) cases, though some have been painted or are another color and whatnot. I have probably 10 of them.
  25. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    ok gotcha. I actually have a spare case so I won't be needing some, but that'll be great for people with rigs just laying on their night tables and stuff :laugh: get them in a case, keep things organized :D