1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis Wars MP Issue

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mike0409, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    Alright so I'm at a loss.

I bought Crysis a while back in a package with Crysis Wars and Warhead.. Now I cannot for the life of me get online play to work in either Crysis Wars, or Crysis (Crysis 2 demo worked FINE with my gamespy account). The latest version of each doesn't represent inside of the game (Through Steam) I have run the patchs thinking maybe ths will work but it doesnt patch anything. Both are the same version at 1.1.1.6729

Whenever I try to login it says Login Failed - Password or username. So I created a new account (3 to be exact) each one doing the SAME thing. EA Forums have no results, Steam Forums didn't have much info on how to get around it other than saying its broken.

Also if I use Forgot password I get "An Email has NOT been sent to your account"

Has anyone with Crysis from Steam been able to see the latest version (1.2) and with Wars see version (1.5) and able to play online?

Now for the basics .. Firewalls are all off, no AV running, opened DMZ so this isn't a ports issue. For some reason I have a feeling the damn game client won't update, and I can't get it to force update. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled through steam about 6 times...didn't help one bit.
  2. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure if that's similar to the problem I had in Crysis 2 MP.

Have a look at my posts (and the reply) here perhaps it might help..
    Mike0409 says thanks.
  3. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    It's close, but I went ahead and created new ones... Didn't work... I tried it 3 times figuring maybe I had drank to much..and just fat fingered everything in.. but failed yet again.
  4. Nick259

Nick259

Thanks Received:
    For the crysis 2 demo you needed an account on mycrysis.com for crysis wars you need a gamespy account. Sorry if this is insulting your intelligence lol.
  5. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    The accounts were created on gamespy. I used the same email for my Crysis 2 account, so didn't really pay to much attention to the difference.