• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

D-Link WBR-1310 info needed?

MohawkAngel

I have this router at home and our ISP runs at 9.56Mbps download and 0.85Mbps upload.
My computer is pluged with a cat.6 wires right in the router and my old computer is on the 54Mbps usb d-link key. I want to know if my internet connection will be really slowed down while I play online Battlefield 2 multiplayer if I use the old computer for downloading at same time ?

The firmware is 4.13 that was made in 2007 and thats the last one made by D-Link for this router. Is there any "home-made" firmware out there for my router ?

Thank you,

System Name If you name your systems, get a boy/girlfriend...
Processor i7 4770k
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Formula
Cooling Custom waterloop around Black Ice GTX 360
Memory 16GB DDR3
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 FE
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
Case HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Windows 10 x64
Hi,

That depends more on your ISP and Internet connection type more than on your router type and local network configuration.

If you connection is ADSL, you should be able to play and download at the same time with this speed.
You can measure your in game latency while downloading to confirm.

Cheers

MohawkAngel

This is Cable technology and not ADSL. Constantly plugged and dont need a password for wired but the the router password for wireless of course.