1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Danger Den Tyee

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by t_ski, Feb 13, 2007.

1. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2007
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Nice review - I'd like to see overclocking results!
  3. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I agree, nice review, but I would like to see a more punishing test, personally. One that spans at least 45min, to get a real world idea of what temps to expect.
  4. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    UK-small Village in a Valley Near Newcastle
    I have used this cooler on my x1900xtx for several months now. My card is overclocked and I can honestly say the waterblock and voltage regulator block seriously rock. I bootup at 28C, idles around 37, and under load reaches a max of 58, and this is after a whole day of gaming etc.. I did however mount a small side fan to blow across the components not cooled inbetween the voltage reg block and the main waterblock unit. Works like a charm. :)
  5. Frogger

Frogger

Thanks Received:
    nice review T... great pics..almost makes me want to buy;) ...abit pricey:) but nice addon for x-fire :toast:
  6. ex_reven New Member

Thanks Received:
    question
    how does it transfer heat so well through acrylic?
    (the copper is "sandwiched" between the acrilic as the review stated)
  7. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Great review and I as well would love to see the OC results. I believe whole heartedly that swiftech and danger den are worth their weight in gold.
  8. KennyT772

KennyT772 New Member

Thanks Received:
    nice reveiw but you need to add/change a couple things.

overclocking stock/vf900cu/h2o would be nice and the graphs are horribly labeled. please change the text to denote which graph is for what.

also try running your hr-05 without a fan. if you have decent airflow you might see a temp decrease like i did.
  9. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    UK-small Village in a Valley Near Newcastle
    Spot on. Dangerden waterblock for gfx card and a swifty pelt unit for my cpu, work fantastic. The craftmanship on both types are suberb.
  10. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Actually, the acrylic makes up the top cover of the block. The actual heat transfer is straight through the copper surface.

As for overclocking results, I must confess - I don't overclock my video cards like I used to. These new "X" series of Radeons make it more difficult and I totally lack the time to mess with it. About all I do anymore is run the OverDrive utility that comes with the CCC. And even with that, my card does not seems to OC too well. The core will max out (698 MHz), but the ram will not budge one bit. I have set the ram to the max before and it seemed OK, but I did not leave it there for lack of stability testing.

In all honesty, I consider myself more of a "temp freak" that an avid OC'er anymore. There have been extended periods lately were I've run everything at stock speeds. lol

The top two graphs are with air cooling. The one on the left is for idle temps, and the one on the right is for load temps. The bottom two graps are with the Tyee, and again, the one on the left is for idle temps, and the one on the right is for load temps. These are fairly standard formats for techPowerUp reviews.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. KennyT772

KennyT772 New Member

Thanks Received:
    this i understand yet labeling the graphs for those who do not frequent our reviews often. for comparison the top set of graphs were on the vf900cu not stock cooler correct?

also like i said try removing the fan from your hr-05. temps dropped 5c for me.
  12. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Yes, that is correct. The top two graphs are with the VF900-Cu and not a stock cooler.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    I want one....