1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DayZ (Mod for ARMA II: OAH) Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by erocker, May 21, 2012.

1. ufgy20

Thanks Received:
    Its my predict a text mode. i use it cos i seen them using it on "To Catch A Predator" thought it would come in hand
    Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Why are you asking the same people again? It's a bit redundant. Get that card. Oh, if you see me, you better announce yourself or shoot. Otherwise I will shoot first. This goes for anyone.
  3. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:

I will be heading a bit north tonight, maybe we can meet in one of the smaller towns. (i have a map now, so I won't get lost again)
  4. D007

D007

Thanks Received:

Is this still a meeting place? I usually go to catnips vent but it'd be nice if we had a consolidated location.
  5. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    these guys are on the official teamspeak server. TS21.gameservers.com:9207

I am up in Kabanino and will make my way to the northing airfield tonight if anyone wants to join me. erocker is too scared.
  6. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    Lol E is too scared.. XD
  7. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Not scared, I was just there. Looted up, killed a sniper. No need to go back and risk it for nothing. This is why I get on top of the leaderboards and the rest of you don't. I don't die. :p I'll be in the forrest wrestlin bears (the animal, not the gay term) and chasing rabbits. Have a problem with that? COME AT ME Mwahahahahahahaaaaa

*Oh, use the TPU's Teamspeak.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  8. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    ill join you. I find traveling is safer in numbers. I also like to support team/clan members when I can. Erocker, I asked here about the card just in case anyone hard anything else to say. I can not believe a gave away almost 12 bolts I had collected to a random dude with a crossbow last night. Granted he was friendly and I saved his ass when he was looting. He did start covering Alex and I as we left the city. Maybe he is a good guy who knows. His name was Joshua. On the GlobalGaming Server
  9. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    hrm, i may have to be a wolf pack of one.
  10. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    There is a gay term about wrestling bears? Jesus, first they ruin the word happy word gay, then faggots are no longer pieces of wood, now wrestling bears is homo!?!?! I'm living in the wrong times.
  11. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I wish there was a more solid way of out running Zombies than Hills and Luck. Really blows crossing fields and a zombie hearing you, then you have to run for miles in search of a damn hill. Also I know they can walk through walls, but seems like they some how always find me when I'm in a building, I can crawl into there just fine, but as soon as I'm crawling around in there they start screaming and looking for me.

So far I've probably tacked on 15 deaths, my first life ever I got a hatchet. This last life I found a Crossbow, Shotgun, Einfield (I took the Crossbow since it's the silent one), but no ammo for any of them, ended up finding a hatchet and a knife as well, but was trying to figure out how to put the Crossbow in my bags (I'm just sitting in a barn with the doors closed, prone and had been in there still for like 3 min) and a zombie just comes screaming up to the doors, he hit me a few times so I took off running, jumped a fence and broke my leg (weakest bones ever, fence was waist high...). /frustrations
  12. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    I think this should be made into a zombie
    [​IMG]
  13. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    So I just picked up another Hatchet and right away I seen a magazine icon with arrows around it. I ran around a bit and realized I couldn't swing it. I really doubted that was a reload symbol, but I hit R just to see, sure enough my guy acts like he's loading a clip into the Hatchet and now it swings.... guess my Hatchet had an empty clip.

**EDIT**
    Not sure if someone looted my body that had the knife, hatchet, crossbow (but seems like it). I went back there and it was gone, but found 4 bolts, 3 hatchets (all 3 within a minute), 3 cans of pop, and then went looking for a weapon and found a crossbow. Been killing Z's in a field getting use to it, sucks that retrieval of bolts is lucky (and doesn't make sense that zombies fall on whichever side you shoot), but beyond that and each bolt taking up a slot it's awesome. Killed a zombie that was just feet away from another then loaded up another bolt for the next and moved up to retrieve them, so nice. Won't be good against bandits, but for clearing farms, I don't think it can get much better than the Crossbow.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
    Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  14. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    O look what i found.
    Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  15. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Holy piss bucket! That's the kind of stash I dream about finding. Haru found a slick little silenced PP-19 that is super sweet. The silencer means no more sneaking around town. I'm damn jealous.
  16. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is there any Australian TPU members roaming around in groups for DayZ?
  17. erocker

Thanks Received:
  18. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    I see another soul has found the joy of the crossbow. just dont use it in a swarm. ^_^ I like the AK74 semi and the AKM semi.
  19. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I ended up losing my bolts and was looking for more when a dude just ran in and gunned me down with a pistol, dropped like 15 bullets into me, all I had on me was my hatchet since I dropped the Crossbow to use the hatchet as a weapon. Hope he enjoyed aggroing a bunch of zombies and wasting that ammo just to hill me for my sweet hatchet :laugh:

After that fiasco I logged for a bit, but then a friend ended up getting on, so I fired up a new character and met up with him. Got my Crossbow back also got compass, knife, hatchet, some food, some drinks. Think I got like 30 - 35 zombie kills before I logged, was doing pretty good. I need to find some matches and a bottle of water to really make it (friend had matches and was cookie food). Only problem I have is zombies falling on Bolts really sucks, but I been pretty lucky with Bolt drops, went into a Barn with 5 zombies and cleared them all out 1 at a time, none of them even knew I was killing the others. And there was like 10 zombies outside the barn, was so happy I didn't have a gun at that point, it would have been useless. A bigger bag then I'd like to pick up a handgun.
  20. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I know what you mean. I went to NW airfield with Haru and we both got nailed by some douche who is invisible. that guy shot me from close while not being visible. I need to rearm and go shank that guy.

My roommate tried the game this morning and bitch-quit cause the "controls were too hard"
    I had advise that he complete the basic training in ArmA II to get acquainted with the controls. He did not do it. His loss.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  21. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    Hey I lived all night..
    Ended the night with a Fal, I also have a night vision Fal in my backpack now. :)
    I R set..
    :toast:

PS: That BS glitch they introduced with the new patch sucks.. I got hatcheted by some asshat at point black range, while he was invisible..
    Such BS, they need to fix that like today...
    I can do that by choice if I want, it's a repeatable and exploitable glitch. I just find it extremely cowardly and lame..
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  22. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Glad I went to bed, then. Hopefully Phenom and I have better luck tonight.
  23. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Me and my friend were playing on different server (though this was only like 10 - 15 people as well). We were way North of Cherno and we had just cleaned out a Farm but had some z's on us. We were running out of town far enough to be safe to gun them down, we started but there was quite a few, as we were finishing up the last one it smacked my friend and broken his leg... :laugh: He tells me that and before I even have time to realize that his character is basically screwed since we had no morphine all of a sudden he's like "guy on a bike!". I was confused but turned and looked, and sure enough some dudes just turned off the road and is cruising across the field towards us on an old school pedal bike.... Probably was watching us gun these things down the whole time, we have no idea if he is friendly, so my friend crouches to try and hide that he has a broken leg. The guy rides right on through and my friend asked over voip is he was friendly. He swoops back and says yes and we ask him if he has any morphine, he says yep and gives it to him. Just unreal, I wish we could have done something to help that guy in return, his timing was just unreal, he literally rides right by us 15 seconds after my friends breaks his leg, in the midddle of no where on a low pop server, is friendly, and is willing to give us the only morphine he had. Thats the kind of survivors that give me hope (yes this is real now!).

Also I never had played Arma II or run the training, I didn't think the controls were that bad, except the fact that there was extra ones, like Prone, Crouch, Stand, bothered me that there was 3 it got cumbersome I would usually have to look down to find X or C in a hurry. I moved Crouch and Stand to my Mouse. I also moved Look Back Left and Right to my Mouse, that way when I'm going up hills it's super easy to adjust my mouse and look down the hill too see them (I use to have to take my right hand off my mouse to hit 1 or 3 on the num pad). Moved over the flashlight as well, though I don't think I'm ready for night play quite yet. Think I'll probably bind 3rd person mode and sprint toggle to either mouse or keyboard as well today, then everything should work pretty slick like.
    MT Alex and erocker say thanks.
  24. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    get the damn gigabyte card yeah frick. If you don't I will shoot you.
    Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  25. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Wow, there still are still good people in Churanus. I'm thinking about being a medic and carry around lots of medical supplies and limited weapons. A bicycle would help that out alot getting to other people in need. I'm getting bored with the traveling around and finding the best loot for the sake of killing. I need to change my bandit ways. :(
    MT Alex says thanks.