1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DayZ (Mod for ARMA II: OAH) Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by erocker, May 21, 2012.

1. JNUKZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes i know, but I'm short of money and I was waiting to buy it and now steam have this autumn sales. Better than don't play it...
    But thanks anyways :)

2. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Maybe once the standalone drops and they allow hosting a server, Ill get one for 6mo or so then hand it off to another TPUer if they choose.

3. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    Hello, I have asked it before but I decided not to buy it, But i'm asking again. I would probably buy it due to this daily deal but I need your inputs

Arma 2 CO is currently very cheap for $14.99, considering that they will supposedly release the standalone in mid december, should I still buy it? although Ive read that they will still continue to update the mod together with the standalone

I have tried both the game and the mod and I love them both! very realistic military sim and one of the best survivalist games.

If I bought the game, are there alot of players left? what about the hackfest? do you literally encounter one hacker per game/per day? and I just wanna play, maybe with you guys, Coz i dont have friends who have the game. I already know how to play it and i'm maybe already a good player, I just don't have the game yet.

EDIT: I bought the game.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  4. gumpty

gumpty

Thanks Received:
    I have been playing for about a month and only encountered my first script-kiddie the other night (I have pretty much been playing devoid of any human contact - creeping around by myself).
    Surprisingly, the script-kiddie was a benevolent one. I was scrounging around the NW Airfield looking for some kit, and as I was about to enter a building someone called out to me in Russian. I turned to find a survivor just standing there. I saluted. He bent down and dropped a box and ran off. When I checked the box it had 5-50 items of everything in it (and I mean everything - it had 5 of every weapon including ones I've never heard of that I don't think are enabled in DayZ). Apart from the Coyote backpack, but I may have missed it. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, I grabbed the things I have been searching for for ages - a ghillie suit and NV goggles. Also rearmed my silenced pistol and took a silenced assault rifle. The box vanished, and I buggered off away from there.

5. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:
    nice to hear that, seems not bad at all. I thought the hackfest was very very bad

I have another question. my friend has a retail copy of arma 2 and arma 2 OA. not Combined Ops, is there anyway I could just install using those things so I won't have to download 15 GB of files?

6. gumpty

gumpty

Thanks Received:
    I think if you hang out on packed servers, and go looking for other survivors in the cities and high-traffic areas then you're probably a lot more likely to come across hackers.

Don't know about your second question.

7. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    you must have both full games installed :/

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:
    Okay Its installed now and working, im trying to get the game run

9. MasterInvader

MasterInvader

Thanks Received:
    Try using DayZ Commander

10. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:
    got it to run, playing since i posted the poss until now, game is too much fun

11. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    i now generally use Play with six.

12. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    Lyndon, just use DayZCommander, it's a lot easier.

Woo! Arma is an amazing game, and you can get tonnes of fun from just arma2 multiplayer.

13. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:
    where are you playing guys? could you pm me what servers are you guys playing in? I'm okay to play with US servers.

I'm a good fighter, also good at piloting heli's but I have 200 latency but stable/not laggy connection so I dunno.

also what key is good for assigning push to talk on mic?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  14. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    True for the most part. But some mods work better with PlaywithSix. Not Six updater but play with six. For example, DayZ Taviana works better using PlaywithSix. it is even stated so on the mod's site.

15. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    We're really not playing atm, but when do we're on team speak (ts21.gameservers.com:9207) and we go server to server, just ask someone that's playing. If you're asking what you should have push to talk ingame I say just leave it as caps, but for teamspeak keep it ctrl.

lyndonguitar says thanks.
  16. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:
    okay thanks! hope to see you soon :)

EDIT: looks like no one's there atm lol

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  17. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    It was about 2am when I posted that lol most people were sleeping. I might be playing in a bit

18. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:
    The game is super fun, I was playing it the last three days, I have mostly played in the "thelaughingman" server private hive and on some New Zealand/AU Servers. my first impression of the game is everyone's a bandit, or you can't trust no one, apparently not. most of the time I meet up with someone who's willing to teamup with me. even If I am geared up. I even had a party of like 8 guys together.

It was raelly fun. one time I played overnight from like 6pm to 6am and did not get bored, tired or sleepy. The time just passed by and I didnt give a fuck, I just played.

This game is so addicting even if its only alpha, I cant imagine what will it be when It will it is polished up. I will post my story later

19. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
  20. JNUKZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I usually play on DayZRP private servers but they are "offline" right now... So I started playing on Panthera map and I really liked it.

21. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Rocket updated Dev Blog Nov 2012

taken from http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/36771692833/dev-report-november-2012

22. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    A night of crazy chopper action, and then I come across this sight on my way back to camp:

[​IMG]

23. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
  24. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Yea ducky me, alex, and erocker were battling another chopper last night after a server restart and the chopper managed to take me and alex out but I do not know if they got erocker. That russian chopper is a bitch to fly cause its so bulky! Wished we would have kept the Huey and it would have been alot easier to kill the them.

Crunching for Team TPU
  25. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I wished id known u guys were playing. I can fly the Russian fairly well. Let me know if u guts r playing tonight.