1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DayZ (Mod for ARMA II: OAH) Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by erocker, May 21, 2012.

1. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:

Unfortunately the bus was GONE!!! we then trekked to the URAL Spawn NNW of NWA. No URAL, then filled up and headed back to base. will post video of trip. Erocker, how do you get TS vocals in video? i never seem to be able to get it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    If you are outputting TS to a different sound channel than the game you won't be able to record TS, so maybe the issue if you are doing that.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky says thanks.
  3. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    i thought you could record external audio sources with fraps. it only seems to show "what your hear" Creative Xfi though.

4. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I still have yet to find one weapon besides the stupid hatchet.

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    So I get these weird graphical glitches. It's most noticeable at night, when I swing around zoomed in. But during the day I see it as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Both those screens are taken looking at the exact same hill, and both the pop ups are different. I'm looking at a hill as well, it looks like it;s extending my view distance, but crossing over that hill you look down and the distance nothing resembles those. Like I said I get it only if I spin my view fast and it just flickers there then goes away about a second later. It's just getting very annoying, seeing if anyone has an idea.

**EDIT**
    Set all my video settings to low then raised them one at a time back to max and problem is gone, weird, oh well.

You can if you look under Movie settings
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  6. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    Then you need some one to help you lol if ur still on in 3 hrs i can give you a gun maby lol.

7. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    yesterday I managed to go through 3 towns and fine NO weapons. Only thing I accomplished was falling off a two story building and crawling to a hospital (was across the street) and getting fixed up with a crap ton of supplies but still need blood down to 2500 or so.

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Eat lots of Food.

thanks. found that under recording settings for win7 Creative Xfi "What you hear" was set to default. switched that to microphone and problem solved in Fraps.

9. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Yea I just gotta find some first

Crunching for Team TPU
  10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Night vision is green. Thats normal.

11. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Glitching flashing trees that appear in the sky then disappear aren't normal (look a the contrast of the trees in the foreground vs over that hill, plus thats a hill, where I'm looking where the light green is, seconds later thats sky again). :p

Though problem came back, seems it's the ATOC option both Arma 2 trees + grass and All trees + grass cause it. Arrowhead trees + grass don't cause it.

12. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Check the light intake on your NV scope. Those old Russian Startlight style scopes have a light intake to adjust manually for various light conditions. That might be causing the flicker.

13. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Had a good day today, started with Ufgy having no gear and we got him some. Then cleared the NWA (nothing any good) and went chopper hunting. Right as we were about to give up we found 2 within 500m of each other. And one had my mk-48, I couldn't even see it, it was inside the group, but Ufgy found it. It was the most insane chopper I've ever seen, it was right next to Pulkovo. I put on the mk-48 and gave my M16A4 ACOG to Ufgy. He was impressed when he looked down the scope and started firing. chopper was so close to town it pulled the entire town and all of the chopper zombies had just by chance respawned. The first one hit him and broke his legg, then the first one that hit me put me in pain. He called for help, but with a shaky scope and 8000 damage a shot from the mk-48 I couldn't save him. He got them down in time to pass out, I made it to him and bandage and morphine him. He got up with 400 life and booked it to the forest to log out while I went to get blood bags.

I came back and healed him up then he wanted to check the chopper for the guns we had dropped. We had to clear a few zombies and even being on the opposite side of the chopper as the town and being 100m out from the chopper on top of that I managed to pull half the town and some army zombies. I killed all but 2 of them, but one broke my leg and knocked me out on the last hit and started eating me. Ufgy said he could hear my guy screaming wildly as the zombie was eating me as he shot it off me. He made it up to me and bandage me and grabbed a blood pack from my bag to heal me up and I gave myself a morphine. After that we were all safe, but just was a hilarious scenario, thin kthats the largest group of zombies I've ever seen pulled, it was crazy. Anyways some screenies.

[​IMG]
    So tempting to take this shot since he hadn't found my location yet.
    [​IMG]
    I had an Enfield in my backpack and didn't want it anymore. So I killed this zombie then dropped it and since he died and an angle it lined up looking like he was a soldier with it on a sling on his back, made me laugh a bit.
    [​IMG]

I didn't think we could adjust that, I'll take a look. But i also have the samething happening in daylight, just not as bad.

14. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    Anyone still playing I crashed my boat into the electro peer and need a new server to join.

15. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    Did an update hit Wednesday? How is it?

16. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Sounds good, just don't show the part where you're driving back to base. ;)

Use the "." key until "Direct Communication" pops up. Then use "/" to type. If I'm not mistaken you can use text within 80 meters of another player and you can use voice within 20 meters of another player.

The 1.7.2.4 update isn't out yet. This is the updated list of changes:

* [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play
    * [NEW] Optimized authentication process on login
    * [NEW] Singleplayer mode disabled when DayZ is loaded
    * [NEW] DayZ Logo and Version Number appear in game when DayZ is loaded
    * [NEW] Hive now tracks login/logout (to assist in analysis for an ALT+F4 solution)
    * [FIXED] Infected cannot hear weapon firing (now they actually hear again)
    * [FIXED] Clothing no longer spawning (now it spawns as it used too)
    * [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)
    * [NEW] Respawn button is enabled if the player has a fracture
    * [FIXED] Players switched to non-player skins (by hackers) sync to database (updates no longer saved for objects non-authorized skins)
    * [NEW] Players spawning in debug area or "water world" will spawn on beach on next login (with their gear)
    * [NEW] Client will automatically spawn player out of debug and waterworld to last known position
    * [NEW] Radar removed from helicopter (UH1H will be added back to vehicle spawns)

So we are getting choppers back (minus the radar), infected will be a bit tougher (it's not listed but Rocket said that visual range of infected may be reduced just a little from what it is now) and a lot of spawning fixes.

17. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    Yea, that's when you yell "Lerroooyyy Jeeennkiiinnnsss!!!"

18. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I just stashed most of my magazines for my FN FAL in Erocker's white truck so I can do some raiding on a server that doesn't have 48 players on it. Take them at your own peril.

EDIT: The server I just joined has a player named "The Grapist." I'm pretty damn sure he's a TPUer.

19. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Just want to clarify that none of the vehicles are mine. True, I am quite fond of the red car and white truck, but they're there for everyone, just give everyone the courtesy of bringing them back, preferable undamaged and full of fuel. :D

20. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Be that as it may, I consider those mags to be near and dear to my heart, and I highly doubt anyone would be driving around your white truck.:)

21. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Tonight I will join you guys in a game maybe you can continue to teach me the ropes. I really have gotten into it even though its hard as hell for newbies

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    can you guys hop on the TS? Already waiting there for you ;)

23. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    will do

Velvet Wafer says thanks.
  24. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Im sure Velvet will. Hes the one who spotted it.

25. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wont, the Hull is still beat up and needs an urgent repair before its taken out of base again ;)