1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DayZ (Mod for ARMA II: OAH) Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by erocker, May 21, 2012.

1. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Ok sweet the server I was just in restarted after I killed 3 people in electro to come to the club house for this shit.

Can we alteast play the game without arguing who the master dev is?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    I see... well, have fun wasting your precious time on a mod that is not ready yet.
    In my opinion they had better released it on the arma 3 engine, and waited a year, or maybe even more.

Its not that there are no other good games around,if you dont have to play the mainstream stuff, bugs are faaar less common.
    Will most probably wait for the Beta standalone release, like a bunch of people most probably will by now.

Before you flame,I dont say its a bad game... but the way this is executed till now, is just frustrating and sad for me.

just my 2 cents.;)
  3. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I didn't feel insulted :laugh: But we are part of this beta processes, so when you say there are alphas done by professionals and then alphas done by morons, you have no included both sides of the fence, despite that word since you used it for both good and bad.

Either way, the alphas you speak of are carried out by companies, not by mods. I don't understand the frustration to be honest, it's common place for mods to release in alpha, they don't have a paid crew to test their game. So we get to enjoy it (hopefully) early, and help them get it straight. I'd say it's pretty straight forward why this mod was released in alpha, and I think it's going just fine. As it sits it's not that hard to get everything you want, so losing it sometimes brings some life back into the game.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm hopeful they will be dumping the hive server soon.

Okay, we will. Most of us understand that this game "isn't ready" yet. It's quite obvious. Anyways, this game at first was meant for a couple servers and about a hundred players. Now there's well over 100,000 players playing at once at a given time. The people who make this game had no idea it was going to be such a success.
    Velvet Wafer says thanks.
  5. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    its very easy... if i start to like a game, i hate to see it going down because of bad decisions and asshattery of the people who originally made it.

I honor the devs that do it for free, and still have the time for at least a weekly hotfix. i admit that are not much, but in my opinion, thats the thin line you have to walk when you develop a videogame, and want to to be regarded as "professionals"

You know... the people you think of there inhuman because of the amount and good quality they do... just look at WIZZARD... he is kinda of a dev, even tho this is no videogame (or is it? ;) ) and he is like a frickin Robot! :D

Thats what i call flexibility, keeping your info up to date, and thinking in advance... oh well :laugh:
  6. Tardan

Thanks Received:
    Thanks!

I actually popped a guy earlier and found a Coyote backpack, FN FAL, and a AS50 on him so I'm kind of happy about that. :)

Jarvis/Moore(not sure whose voice is whose but hopefully I'll figure it out one day :laugh:) gave me some coordinates to a possible tent with some NVGs so I was heading there until the server locked us out. Might try again when I get on in a little bit.
  7. erocker

Thanks Received:
    How did the server lock you out? This shouldn't be happening.
  8. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Waste of time is a relative thing. I've played this mod a lot and had a lot of fun, don't feel my "precious" time has been wasted. It's unknown if they are using the toolset for Arma 3 anyways. The toolset is out there, and pretty sure Rocket was hired by Bohemia, and the Arma 3 engine is an update of the Arma 2 engine, so it's entirely possible he could be using the new toolset or could add in those features later.

Either way you seem entirely too concerned with how much fun everyone else is having. We're having fun, this clubhouse didn't get all these posts for nothing, people are on everyday, despite some issues. Everyone has a time when they will quit any game, be it from bugs, or boredom, thats something you have to make the call on yourself, not for others. You say "before I flame", but you already flamed making fun of the time we are wasting, and basically making fun of our choice to play this vs playing a mainstream released game.

The execution has been just fine for people releasing this mod to us for free when there has been nothing like it before. whining and complaining about something this great that we don't have to pay for and works pretty damn well, is just a good way to stop giving motivation to people who have the ability to make this great stuff for us.

I don't think it's going down at all, they are dealing with the increased players while working on a standalone, not much more to ask for.
  9. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Honestly I don't give a shit if a game has issues, and even if those issues result in me not playing for a bit till they are ironed out. As long as during the moments that I am playing that they are fun full of memories. That is the only thing I care about and won't stop me from playing.

Couldn't agree more with that statement.
  10. Tardan

Thanks Received:
    Not locked us out necessarily. Maybe I should have worded it better. :laugh: I just started experiencing some very bad lag and I disconnected soon after. Tried reconnecting but it was stuck at the "wait for host" screen. Jarvis and Moore started reporting weird inventory issues after, saying that items they were putting in a tent/backpack were disappearing. I think one of them disconnected to see if it would fix their issue but they couldn't get back in after either.
    erocker says thanks.
  11. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I now will have to shift focus. I'm done with vehicles. Now, I need to be the best bandito I can be. I need a new name... something that goes with "bandito"...
  12. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Ebandito?

:roll:
  13. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Perfect... Or I was thinking ufgy20. Ebandito it is though... :D
  14. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    We should be the Bandito squad. with the Helicopter we have. Just reign hell on people in cities. We killed one guy last night. Alex was too much of a pansy to shoot him, so Brandon did the honors lol!
  15. erocker

Thanks Received:
    If I see another vehicle I'll just blow it up. It's in my bandito nature. KEEP AWAY FROM ME!!! :mad:
  16. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Wouldn't go with that name, you'd die too much, and when you didn't die I'd have to come and save you.
    Jarvis says thanks.
  17. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    So now you are going to kill everyone?
  18. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    Time to get out the thermals I'm going hunting.
  19. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Nobody from TPU.. people we know. Maybe with the exception of Ufgy but I wouldn't shoot him right away, it would be a standoff, western style.
  20. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Brokeback Mountain style!
  21. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, i think is ist just a case of severely different view angles, so no bad vibrations. Please forgive me my short phase of anger, i thought there were more people that felt similar regarding this way, but as minority in real, i better shut up now :laugh:
    Killer_Rubber_Ducky and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  22. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    Better watch your back in DayZ now. ;)
  23. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    No bad feelings at all, at least you have realized most here enjoy it rather than continuing to muck it up. Hopefully you keep and eye and watch updates and return, or just get bored and come back later.
  24. erocker

Thanks Received:
    C'mon MailMan, you know I ain't like that. Besides, you're probably getting Ufgy's hopes up too much, you big meanie. :(
  25. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I can't quit you Erocker.....you and MT Alex.