1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[FS][US] Deck gaming keyboards, fully LED backlit, mechanical key switches

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum' started by R-T-B, Apr 25, 2010.

1. R-T-B

R-T-B

Thanks Received:
    I have two of these. When the first one sells I will post pictures of the second. Here's keyboard one:

[​IMG]

These two don't have my name so you can better see the lights, but it's obviously the same scene. I hope that's ok, if not a mod can remove/delete these photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I let the pictures do the talking, lol. Awesome keyboards but I just need some money. They've barely been used as I just bought them last month. That was before I lost my job.

Help a guy out, and I'll hand you a very nice keyboard. Asking $100, which is a lot less than Deck themselves ask. This is the PS/2 version and has full n-key rollover (that means you can press as many keys as you want and it'll still work!), but if you want USB I've thrown in an adapter for USB that works fine. Keep in mind USB spec only supports 6-key rollover, but that should be plenty for all your hoykey combos.

it's still under warranty and includes registration paperwork.

more info available here, it's the 105 Ice Tactile, as is the other one:

http://www.deckkeyboards.com/

Enjoy! More stuff coming.

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=63621

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  2. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    As long as you have one picture showing all your items listed with the piece of paper, you can post as many supplemental pictures afterwards without the paper.

One suggestion, though. Crop these pictures (or re-upload via techpowerup.org) and post the links to the full-sized ones. My poor netbook took a little while to render them fully.

3. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    Your timing is amazing—was just looking at Deck keyboards and decided I wanted one but the price was too high and I couldn't find them cheaper anywhere else. Will PM you in a bit (still waiting for pics to finish loading :laugh:). That's even the exact keyboard I wanted. :toast:

4. R-T-B

R-T-B

Thanks Received:
    Yeah man, I love hi-res pics but understand not everyone has an awesome internet connection. I'll resize in the morning. :laugh:

5. Bot

Bot

Thanks Received:
    price?

6. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    He says $100 in the OP.

These keyboards are impossible to find anywhere else for under $150 (I tried for a week and had just given up when this thread was posted). Great deal on awesome backlit, mechanical, full NKRO keyboards!

7. R-T-B

R-T-B

Thanks Received:
    Yep, and I still have one left if anyone wants. It's basically identical to the other and is displayed in the first picture (the one with the name). The one without the name is the one currently being sold to TIGR (unless he really wants the other one, lol)

BTW, I only have 1 PS/2 to USB adapter, so TIGR please let me know whether you need it or not. It's one of the few that will work with these keyboards so I don't want to give it away if I don't have to... But I can tell people where to get them if they need it and it get's claimed. They cost around 10 bucks.

Oh and Buyer pays shipping on these, forgot to say that.

Man am I absent minded today! Thanks mods for keeping me in line, lol.

8. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    I insist that you give me the one in the other pic. :laugh: (kidding) I don't need the adapter so it's all yours or whoever needs it. Question about that though—is a specific type of PS/2 to USB adapter needed, such that your average generic one won't work? Just curious for future reference.

9. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    That is a sweet ass keyboard.

Crunching for Team TPU
  10. R-T-B

R-T-B

Thanks Received:
    It doesn't work with a standard passthrough converter, no. You need an "active" converter, one that actually converts the PS/2 commands to USB with a little onboard microcontroller. These are rare but not terribly pricy if you know where to get them, and they work with darn near anything. ;)

PS/2 is actually a pretty awesome interface though as it supports full-n-key rollover. Amazing it's like 20 years old or something.

And actually, picking keyboards is a bad idea as they look exactly the same and minus serials, there is no way to tell them apart, lol!

TIGR says thanks.
  11. R-T-B

R-T-B

Thanks Received:
    Ok just a late night bump.

12. R-T-B

R-T-B

Thanks Received:
    Yeah man, yours is going out tomorrow, I'll fetch you a delivery confirmation number. :toast:

13. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    I wish I could afford this... Bump for my dream keyboard! :(

14. R-T-B

R-T-B

Thanks Received:
    Bump, one still available.

15. R-T-B

R-T-B

Thanks Received:
    Bump, free shipping for next 24 hours!

16. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Damn fine looking keyboard, looks like it puts the run of the mill Logitechs to shame. Just saw one of these at an e-tailer for $180 (plus shipping) so this is a heck of a deal.

17. SNiiPE_DoGG New Member

Thanks Received:
    Best keyboard around! I have a legend ICE tactile and I can tell you it is worth every penny it costs. Lifetime warranty, warrantied modding, key brightness adjustment, and just a freakin dream to type on.

This is an investment that is great for gaming, typing papers and such as a student, and a sick looking keyboard to boot.

Get the PS-2 version if you can and dont run it on USB as the nkey rollover is better on PS2

18. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    The fact that there's still one available just goes to prove this has got to be one of the most under-recognized keyboards available. :eek: Like SniiPE said, just a top notch item. If the other one is still here in a week I might just have to see if I can find a use for that one and buy it too. :laugh:

Bump for R-T-B.

19. valtopps

valtopps

Thanks Received:
    $150.00 is a lot of bread for a keyboard. they must be nice. good luck

20. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    It's only $100:confused:

I paid $80 for my crappy Logitech. This would last through infinate system builds. If I could justify it, I would buy it myself. Mechanical keys are hard to find, backlighting is a plus.

21. R-T-B

R-T-B

Thanks Received:
    I'm reverting to my IBM model M for typing due to my budget crisis, but I'm going to miss those backlights man, plus that model M is a noise machine...

Whoever gets this last one is a lucky man.

22. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    Got my keyboard from R-T-B yesterday. This is the nicest keyboard I've ever used. The backlighting (7 brightness levels) is superior to my Eclipse and all the Logitechs I've used, and the feedback is excellent. Characters on the keys are nice and big, easy to read. Played some CoD4 and NFSMW, and did a bunch of typing with it already ... feedback is excellent, typing is easier—I notice I have a much easier time confidently typing in the ridiculously long password I use for my encrypted RAID arrays. I type faster and with fewer errors on this than I do on my Eclipse. Keyboard is heavier than most, feels very solid, and is in excellent condition.

I don't mean to go off topic with a mini-review here, but just want to let people know a bit more about a relatively unknown keyboard.

n-ster and SNiiPE_DoGG say thanks.
  23. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderator™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    R-T-B, I pm'd you a couple of days ago.
    You do still have one keyboard available?

24. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    He hasn't been on TPU since monday ;)