1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Deleting hotmail accounts?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Krazy Owl, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Krazy Owl

Krazy Owl New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi ! Is there any way even tricky to fully delete older hotmail accounts?

2. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Dont log into them for 90 days. Used to be jsut 30 days. If you do nto log in for a certain length of time, the account gets removed. It can be re-activated for a certain length of time afterwords.

NOte that any log-in, using MSN messenger, or even a "live account" for gaming, will be considered a real log-in. ALso, having any game keys associated with teh live account will make it not get deleted as well.

3. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I think it'll just get put down as avaliable so another person can create an account with that name. At least I think that was how it used to work. I have a Hotmail account that I use about once a year (don't have any Live stuff connected to it either) or so and it has never been removed. But I think I could create a new account with the same name and it would be avaliable.

I think.

EDIT: No, I cannot create a new account with the same name. It was at least six months ago I used it last time.

cadaveca says thanks.
  4. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I'm not 100% on how it works now. I know for a fact it used to be 30 days, then delete, and then 90 days, but I have no dea how that works on their back-end, and I have no idea what period of time is allowed right now, if any.

I bloody well hope that they still remove unused accounts...