• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dell XPS M1730 soon

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
When I read this thread, all I can do is laugh. Dippy, you should learn not to take things so seriously. I mean, what people use is their own opinion. However, stating that paying 700 extra dollars for the same thing is a GOOD thing doesn't make any sense at all. I'm going into the College of Engineering, and they say specifically to NOT buy a Mac just because of the lack of features and compatibility in the classrooms and with real-life applications. Those aren't MY words, those are the words of that of an entire University.

Anyways, to sum up this thread so there's no more bickering, OK Dell is coming out w/ a new overpriced XPS laptop. Then somehow it turned into a Macbook Pro vs. PC fight. So what? When I have the choice of paying for a 1,250 dollar Dell over a similar Apple that costs 2,000+, I'll choose the Dell ANY day. Especially with days now that we have the OSX86 Project, it really doesn't matter whether or not you buy an Apple computer or not to use OSX. So bing-a-batta-boom. This thread is over.

Like a University has anything to do with "real-life" applications. If I were to get a laptop which I'm not. It would be a basic Mac book. I could give a crap about accelerated graphics on a laptop anyways, I save my gaming for home. Personally I think laptops are a fad that needs to go away.

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
When I read this thread, all I can do is laugh. Dippy, you should learn not to take things so seriously. I mean, what people use is their own opinion. However, stating that paying 700 extra dollars for the same thing is a GOOD thing doesn't make any sense at all. I'm going into the College of Engineering, and they say specifically to NOT buy a Mac just because of the lack of features and compatibility in the classrooms and with real-life applications. Those aren't MY words, those are the words of that of an entire University.

Anyways, to sum up this thread so there's no more bickering, OK Dell is coming out w/ a new overpriced XPS laptop. Then somehow it turned into a Macbook Pro vs. PC fight. So what? When I have the choice of paying for a 1,250 dollar Dell over a similar Apple that costs 2,000+, I'll choose the Dell ANY day. Especially with days now that we have the OSX86 Project, it really doesn't matter whether or not you buy an Apple computer or not to use OSX. So bing-a-batta-boom. This thread is over.
Not by a long shot. osx86 has the same compatibility issues that plague windows, if not used with a specific set of hardware. As far as your price claim, look again.

Also, I don't care what you uni says. They're most likely talking about OS X, but guess what, you can run Windows and Linux on Macs too.

Also, the difference isn't quite $700. There is software missing on the PC that costs some extra money, if you want the same features. Not to mention the Mac is in an all aluminum enclosure, has a backlit keyboard, better trackpad, and I'm willing to wager money, a better looking screen.

Is it worth the extra money? Not to me, as I don't want/need some of those features, but it may still be worth it to somebody else.

System Name Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1050/1080 Ti
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2715Q/4k Internal
Case Razer Core
Audio Device(s) Creative E5/Objective 2 Amp/Senn HD650
Mouse Logitech Proteus Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
Personally I think laptops are a fad that needs to go away.

Laptops aren't going away ;)

Infact, they're getting better as LCD's improve. :toast: