1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Determine my current power supply wattage

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by mroofie, Mar 25, 2014.

1. mroofie

Thanks Received:
    Hi techpowerup do you think its possible through software? Im gonna buy me a new gpu soon but im not sure if my powersupply has its power anymore (its 2 years old now - and its a standard powersupply lol :/ )

it was cheap dont judge me :D

lol it seems you guys don't understand what I wanted but its fine I sorted out my problem

But I have a another question

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  2. buildzoid

buildzoid

Thanks Received:
    Open the PC up and look for a sticker on the PSU that has the specs.

3. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Fill-in your "System Specs" on your member's page please.

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. mroofie

Thanks Received:
  5. burebista

burebista

Thanks Received:
    That Seasonic is your current PSU? If yes you can power any single GPU/CPU combo ATM.

What do you mean by bottom placed design? You can put a PSU whatever you want and if your case is desogned with a PSU at the bottom of the case then yes you can put a PSU there. :)

6. Hood

Hood

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I fried 3 brand new power supplies because they were "top-mount" units and I mounted them on the bottom, all because the manual didn't specify orientation. Some problem with gravity vs airflow, I guess. Now I know better, and I always look up the orientation specs on the "PSU Orientation Database" (members only). Just let me know the model number of the PSU you're considering, and I'll look it up for you.
    P.S. the above statement is brought to you by "Sarcastic Statements for Answering Newbie Posts", a non-profit organization.

RCoon says thanks.
  7. z1tu

z1tu

Thanks Received:
    Hai there, I'm looking to become a member, is that the standard $9.99 per month or do I have to pay an extra premium for new members?

8. Hood

Hood

Thanks Received:
    Since you'll only be the 2nd member, and our budget is $10,000/year, we'll have to charge you $5000. Here's a bonus fact; the new Corsair 1500i is a bottom mount PSU, but an adapter is available for top mounting...

z1tu says thanks.