1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diamond HD 3650 1024 MB DDR2

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by W1zzard, Apr 1, 2008.

1. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  2. Para_Franck

Para_Franck

Thanks Received:
    That's exactly what I said when the 1 gig 3650 was announced, 1 Gig is useless on a slow card like this!!

I most say, that since this card is oriented towards the HTPC market, I would have liked to see a review that put the card in an HTPC environnement. Gaming is not all, specially for an HTPCcard. what HD decoding performance does it have, is the HDMI working good, etc...

Franck

3. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    all recent ati and nvidia cards have enough hd decoding performance that just works with basically any cpu. however, video decoding tests are something i am looking into for all our gpu reviews

explain how hdmi can not work good? you plug it in and it works ..

4. Hawk1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks decent. Will be building a system for my Bro-in-law soon and he just needs basic video, but I may just go with a 512Mb version though. I like it doesn't use too much power, and interesting that it can work with crossfireX on an NV chipset (although begs the question, why bother xfireing these things on any chipset). The fan noise doesn't look promising if your going for an HTPC - same db at idle and load and its higher than most of the better cards.

5. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    1GB is useless, it is even more uselss when the memory used it slow 400MHz GDDR2. I hate that GDDR2 is even still used on anything from the mid-range. GDDR2 should be on the low-end cards only.

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  6. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    Another marketing gimmick?

I think so.

7. Para_Franck

Para_Franck

Thanks Received:
    Well I admit that HDMI has no other choice but to work good. My experience with the ATI HDMI capable cards (HIS 3850 turbo) was good, except for a little glitch in the sound quality(only in certain situations) And I hate to have to use an adapter to switch from DVI to HDMI, native HDMI is best, In my opinion, espacially when dealing with space limitations.

8. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Yep, just like when they used to put 512MB on FX5200s and the countless other times they have just bumped up the memory size to make the cards more appealing to the public.

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  9. ArkanHell New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think is a sad card. Make me feel depress.