• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dirt 2 download options?

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
I ended up with a new gpu yesterday and found a Dirt 2 product key card.

I see you need to D/L it from Stream.... I don't care much for that site.
Is there a way, or site that I can just D/L the full game and use my key to avoid stream all together?

System Name PC
Processor i7 9700KF
Motherboard MSI Z390 A PRO
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000mhz
Video Card(s) PALIT RTX 4070 Dual 12Gb
Storage 2X Crucial MX500 2TB SSD, Samsung 850 pro 512gb SSD
Display(s) DELL C34H89x 34" Ultrawide
Case Corsair Obsidian 550D
Audio Device(s) Audioengine A5+ Speakers
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
Software Windows 10 64bit
i got mine through steam which suits me just fine.... if i reformat my rig, i just leave steam running overnight to get all my games back ;)

A lot of people bitch about steam, but the only thing that stands out really is that if you want to sell an old game you cant...
me personally ive never sold a game, given them away sure... but other than that the simplicity of just running steam and getting all my games back onto my pc is good...mind you i have a fast internet connection so its all good... i think on dialup id hate steam ;)

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
i got mine through steam which suits me just fine.... if i reformat my rig, i just leave steam running overnight to get all my games back ;)

A lot of people bitch about steam, but the only thing that stands out really is that if you want to sell an old game you cant...
me personally ive never sold a game, given them away sure... but other than that the simplicity of just running steam and getting all my games back onto my pc is good...mind you i have a fast internet connection so its all good... i think on dialup id hate steam ;)
haha I hear ya, I have a 50MB dedicated broad band conn so no worries there.

If I use stream to get the game does it install it into windows game folder and after that I can delete Stream? orrrr? how does it work?

System Name PC
Processor i7 9700KF
Motherboard MSI Z390 A PRO
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000mhz
Video Card(s) PALIT RTX 4070 Dual 12Gb
Storage 2X Crucial MX500 2TB SSD, Samsung 850 pro 512gb SSD
Display(s) DELL C34H89x 34" Ultrawide
Case Corsair Obsidian 550D
Audio Device(s) Audioengine A5+ Speakers
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
Software Windows 10 64bit
itll install into your steam account...

I was a bit sceptical at first but now have about 20 games in my steam list (most of them bought from steam aswell)

seriously, it works well for me... and ive used it for 3 years now no issues atall.... specially as im the kinda person that reinstalls their operating system about 6 times a year, this is a good option ;)

EDIT: you download the steam program... then you enter in the promotional code for the game and it downloads into the steam program....you run your steam games from the steam program.... no worries ;)

DTV DRAGON

System Name family system
Processor intel quad core Q9650 o/c'ed to 4.1
Motherboard gigabyte EP45T-USB3P ( new board)
Cooling custom cpu and gpu cooling
Memory 8 gig G.Skills RipJaws @ 7,8,7,24,@1440mhz
Video Card(s) HD5870 SAPPHIRE 1018@1310at1.29v on water
Storage 750 gig sata 7500rpm X2 seagate barracuda
Display(s) acer 22.5 lcd
Case Antec 600
Audio Device(s) 7.1 internal, soon to be auzentech x-fi forte
Power Supply thermaltake 850 watt modular (new version, single rail)
Software Windows 7, 64 ult.
Benchmark Scores vantage E47428 3DMARK06 23290 needs updateing
I had the same download when i bought my hd5850 and 5870 , I had to download the steam proggy .open up an account and I think a windows live account if i can remember, but in the end it all worked out nice, Iam the kind of person that likes it better if it would of came on a dvd etc. but this was my first time with steam and in the end it worked out great! go for it dirt2 is a killer game, esspecialy with dx11 This was the very first time Ive realy seen a new game as Iam not a big gamer and I was totaly blowen away with the graphics and how smooth it all ran, sounds sites and you can almost smell the burning tires and crunched metal

theonedub

habe fidem
System Name Erakith || AsRock NUCS
Processor AMD ThreadRipper 2990WX ES (32c/64t 3.5ghz@1.02v) || Intel i7 1360P Raptor Lake-P
Motherboard MSI X399 MEG Creation || AsRock OE
Cooling EK Supremacy TR4 Full Nickel, D5 w/ EK Top, 2X EK-CoolStream XTX 360 & Photon 270 Res || OE
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB DDR4 3000|| 2x16GB Corsair DDR4
Video Card(s) Vega 64 EK FC|| Intel Iris Xe
Storage 250gb WD Black NVMe & (2) 2TB Intel 660p NVMe || 2TB Corsair MP600 Pro
Display(s) 34" Dell Ultrasharp U3415W
Case CaseLabs Merlin SM8 || Aluminum Unibody
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Mouse Corsair Harpoon Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB w/ Cherry MX Silent
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 || WIndows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores WCG & F@H Only
No way to get around STEAM unfortunately. However, you can add me to the list that was skeptical of STEAM but actually found it not bad at all :laugh: Dirt 2 is pretty fun too :D

The only thing I wish they would change is allowing FF to be used as the browser, so when I buy something and have to put in my PP account I don't have to use IE8.