• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

discount voucher play.com £5 off £50 spend

jocksteeluk

The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
Processor custom dupont risk chip cpu prototype
Motherboard custom ibm x5 solid state carbon mainboard
Cooling industrial technologies prototype dupont custom heat transfer unit
Memory 6x 2gig prototype ecc hnc ddr4
Video Card(s) prototype low energy version nvidia 9 series unnumberd card
Storage 1tb solid state hdd
Display(s) 44 inch samsung plasma screen tv/monitor
Case custom ibm mobile home server case
Audio Device(s) custom Yamaha sound processing processor in spm format
Power Supply 1200watt deli cord custom made dupont type psu
Software sun unix/windows type v

Completely Bonkers

Processor Mysterious Engineering Prototype
Motherboard Intel 865
Cooling Custom block made in workshop
Memory Corsair XMS 2GB
Video Card(s) FireGL X3-256
Display(s) 1600x1200 SyncMaster x 2 = 3200x1200
Software Windows 2003
Dont use play.com if you DONT live in the UK. They ship from "tax free" jersey/guernsey. Although items of low value are allowed into the UK from the channel islands, for the rest of Europe, they get stopped at customs, requiring a trip to the local customs office, and local VAT must be paid. Complete waste of time.

Terrible service also. They often billed me TWICE for the same item, and shipped 2 times. Impossible to phone them, and when you get through to them, they REFUSE to refund unless you ship the item back. Then, after shipping, (which COSTS YOU), they "lose" your return (unless you send it registered, which costs a fortune, when international)... so you DONT get your money back.

In my book, I cannot recommend them. Go with amazon or other online provider. Much better

Processor AMD FX 8320 @ 4GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 rev1
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 4 x 4GB DDR3 Ripjawz 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vapor-X AMD R9 280X
Storage 1 x 500GB Samsung Evo 850, 1 x 500GB Vrap Data Drive, 3 x 2TB Seagate, 1 x 1TB Samsung F1
Display(s) 3 x DGM IPS-2402WDH
Case Coolermaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Coolermaster 1000W Silent Pro M
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Dont use play.com if you DONT live in the UK. They ship from "tax free" jersey/guernsey. Although items of low value are allowed into the UK from the channel islands, for the rest of Europe, they get stopped at customs, requiring a trip to the local customs office, and local VAT must be paid. Complete waste of time.

Terrible service also. They often billed me TWICE for the same item, and shipped 2 times. Impossible to phone them, and when you get through to them, they REFUSE to refund unless you ship the item back. Then, after shipping, (which COSTS YOU), they "lose" your return (unless you send it registered, which costs a fortune, when international)... so you DONT get your money back.

In my book, I cannot recommend them. Go with amazon or other online provider. Much better

Erm...I can't not recommend Play. Fastest shipping I've ever come across. Customer Service so good they can't wait to help you.

But you highlighted something. It's a UK company. Why would you buy from a company in another country? The sky-high shipping and overheads make any deals you might possibly get almost defunct. Plus customer service can be a bitch.

So all you US people, don't buy from them. Anyone in the UK. Say hello to one of the best damn e-tailers :)