• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Divinity 2 Demo Hits PC

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Isn't this more of an hack 'n slash type game?

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
WL said:
I should read the description more

The only reason I read it was because I did a search for Divinity II and it was the only one to come up (which I thought was odd). Impulse does not appear to sell the games seperately.

Last edited:
System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
The only reason I read it was because I did a search for Divinity II and it was the only one to come up (which I thought was odd). Impulse does not appear to sell the games seperately.

nor does metacritic... been hunting for reviews for a few days now and (not) surprisingly nothing came up!

System Name White Theme
Processor Intel 12700K CPU
Motherboard ASUS STRIX Z690-A D4
Cooling Lian Li Galahad Uni w/ AL120 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aero 4080 Super 16GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0
Display(s) Alienware 38" 3840x1600 (165Hz)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Audio Device(s) 2i2 Scarlett Solo + Schiit Magni 3 AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000 Platinum
I would only say it's a hack and slash mainly because the NPC's don't respond to the environment eg. you can take anything that's lying around without being attacked by the NPC's or being jailed. I would really just generalize it as a dungeon crawler though it's not like bioware or bethesda where you're able to build relationships with anyone you choose or go with a faction, the story is linear except for the character development and the environment.

System Name Vintage
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Case Generic
Software Windows 7
Well i just got it from Steam, and it will take a few days to download (internet is shit game at 120KB/s... yea)

Looking forward to play this actually.

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
what this release is is an update to divinity 2. it tries to address all the issues people had with it, and does well. it is a true pc RPG, "what dragon age should have been" is the tagline - and i kinda liked dragon age, but i definitely see what they mean - especially in this update. they arent saying dragon age is bad, but rather this is meant for pc and goes deep.

it's not just an overhaul, but it has an expansion that gives it "over 100 hours of gameplay"

by true pc rpg i mean not consolish at all, a vast open world with great customization and now few bugs and great graphics. I do recommend this.

I would only say it's a hack and slash mainly because the NPC's don't respond to the environment eg. you can take anything that's lying around without being attacked by the NPC's or being jailed. I would really just generalize it as a dungeon crawler though it's not like bioware or bethesda where you're able to build relationships with anyone you choose or go with a faction, the story is linear except for the character development and the environment.

don't disagree , but i still think it's a very good game.

TheMonkey

System Name Space Heater/BitPerfect
Processor E8500@4.5 1.42V
Motherboard DFI Blood Iron P35
Cooling Xigmatek "Thor's hammer" HDT-S126384
Memory 2x2GB Mushkin PC2 6400 (996557) 5-4-4-11
Video Card(s) ATi 5870
Storage Samsung F1 1tb x2
Display(s) Hanns*G HG-281DPB (1920x1200)
Case Lian-Li PC-6070A PLUSII
Audio Device(s) AuzentechXplosion-->SPDIF-->TubeMagicD1 DAC/PRE-->MCS 3865 dual-mono Integrated Amp-->DCM QEDs
Power Supply PCP&C 750
Software Win7/XPsp3/Win2k3Serverx64

Now that I have started playing divine divinity I was surprised when I picked up something in someone's house and they threatened to call the guards. Guess that was dropped for DivII although I personally would have enjoyed that feature.

I have to disagree with you, I don't think you can tag this as hack-n-slash or dungeon crawler. You do build relationships with different characters through side quests, these relationships can result in lower trade prices, special items, or secret information. In many cases if you look hard enough or use mindreading these quests can be solved by more than one method providing more than one outcome (example:first Goblin Heart Collector or Two guys trapped in one body quest). There are even situations in the main questline where you have the choice to alter events (lord lovis' soul stone can be returned to him or smashed.) So I can't agree with your statement that storyline is linear, there is variation and choice with real results, the results may not be dramatic but they are satisfying.

I also should mention that I am a part of a faction, which was chosen during a quest I initiated while travelling too close to a bandit engagement with another traveling group. I had the choice to fight along either side with the little information I already had I choose the bandits. After helping the bandits clean up I was given the entry password for the bandit hideout, which upon investigation had many cool side quests and offered useful NPCs and unique weapons. There isn't a list of factions that you can choose sides with but there is a little bit of quest based faction alignment.

This game on the surface may appear to be a hack n slash dungeon crawler but it really isn't IMO, it is much deeper than that and much more satisfying.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
The cap is now removed from the steam version although requires you to simply edit the config.xml file which is located here \Steam\steamapps\common\divinity ii - dragon knight saga\data

Make sure you open the file with notepad and not IE :p. The instructions are in the config file :).

System Name Vintage
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Case Generic
Software Windows 7
Been playing this for a about a day now... I am rather impressed. My card plays it at acceptable details etc and the game itself feels well made.

gone for a ranged guy, not working out too well... might start again later.

AsRock

TPU addict
Cooling D15
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Been playing this for a about a day now... I am rather impressed. My card plays it at acceptable details etc and the game itself feels well made.

gone for a ranged guy, not working out too well... might start again later.

Kinda funny you say that as i went to the Paladin ( sword ) and been using the bow 90% of the time hehe. And been thinking it be totally kick ass with a bow.

And been surprised how much the bow can kick ass as in near every other game they always sucked which the exception of Diablo and Oblivion although with OB melee whooped ass..

Although i am enjoying the game but wife lost interest.

System Name Cool Runnings Mark 2
Processor i7 4770k No OC
Motherboard MSI Z87 MPower
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory GSkill TridentX 2400MHz 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1070 Ti Duke, EVGA GTX 780 AC+
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, 3 more HDDs
Display(s) 2x MSI 32" 2560 x 1440 144Hz Optix MAG321CQR, Acer G276HLDbd Black 27" 6ms
Case Corsair 600t
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razer DeathAdder
Keyboard Steelseries Merc Stealth
Software Win10 Pro 64-bit
i beet the first part of the game(as in i beet dinvinity 2 but not flames of vengence yet).
this might contain some rough and very general spoilers, so i put it in the spoiler tag thing.
the only thing i found disappointing was that there werent enough reasons to destroy the flying fortresses you encounter and find. they are nice little extra's, but thats about it. really for some of the fortresses the only reason i found to go into them was 1) extra exp and 2) to get and complete a suit of armor. it would have been nice if they were tied in more, like a quest to rescue prisoners, or destroy such and such machine, or get this component for a suit of armor your smith can make (dragon armor from dao anyone?) etc etc

I also encountered a bug were certain boss npc's wouldnt spawn. luckily Larian has e-mail me saying they have found a fix, and not only will they fix my save game that i e-mail to them, they are also releasing the fix in their next update.
unfortunetly i still will not be playing flames of vengece until my saved game is fixed, as your items and tower upgrades(i think) go with you into the next portion of the game, i have been left with some things incomplete.
my last gripe is the merchants - no merchant that i found sells just standard armor(that you can customize in your battle tower) like in oblivion or dragon age, its all stuff thats been enchanted in some way(yes you can de-enchant, but doesnt that seem a waste?). I found that to be a little frustrating, as decent armor was something that i found to be lacking until the end of the game.

all in all though, i found this game very enojoyable. its certainly different than oblivion and dao imo, but still very fun to play. and i thought the twist at the end of the storyline was nice, though in retrospect not un-expected.

Last edited:

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Well sounds like Im gonna have to check this out. Though when it goes on sale. Don't have time now anyway; knee deep in The Witcher EE and loving it (finally; have owned since last Thanksgiving sale).

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
I've played through Divinty 2 already. Several months ago actually. The game starts off awesome. Totally fun, good graphics, good sound, good voice acting and a cool story. If you wander out of an area that is above your level you will find it quite challenging if not impossible. Its rare that you find any beasties or enemy alone. Mostly you will find mobs of 3 to 5 at a time and sometimes multiple mobs at once. This game can be quite hard at times.

Some of the Boss fights are almost impossible. I say almost because they are all doable but man did I almost punch a hole in the wall multiple times. The earlier boss characters aren't too bad but it gets harder and harder.

Now I really liked this game and sunk quite a few hours into it overall but I have to admit that there comes a point in the game where it just becomes too hard and a little aimless.

I played this game loving it until I reached (what I thought at the time to be) the end battle. It took me many tries to beat this last boss and it was soooo very hard. Then I beat him and I was so stoked but the game didn't end...it opened up another part of the world and continued..but with some cool new abilities. Its this second half of the game that killed it for me. Talk about hard. It got old fast and the 2nd half was kinda aimless imo.

So the first 3/4 of the game was awesome and the last 1/4 sucked.

Would I play it again knowing what I know now? Not a chance. The 2nd half ruined it for me. Took the fun right out of it.

Dragon Age is the better game IMO and knowing what I know now.

AsRock

TPU addict
Cooling D15
Well sounds like Im gonna have to check this out. Though when it goes on sale. Don't have time now anyway; knee deep in The Witcher EE and loving it (finally; have owned since last Thanksgiving sale).

Yeah its worth checking out for sure. OOh witcher huh i hope you have the blood patch if needed as you should see blood spray every were. I wish it did in Divinity but no blood :(.

I've played through Divinty 2 already. Several months ago actually. The game starts off awesome. Totally fun, good graphics, good sound, good voice acting and a cool story. If you wander out of an area that is above your level you will find it quite challenging if not impossible. Its rare that you find any beasties or enemy alone. Mostly you will find mobs of 3 to 5 at a time and sometimes multiple mobs at once. This game can be quite hard at times.

Some of the Boss fights are almost impossible. I say almost because they are all doable but man did I almost punch a hole in the wall multiple times. The earlier boss characters aren't too bad but it gets harder and harder.

Now I really liked this game and sunk quite a few hours into it overall but I have to admit that there comes a point in the game where it just becomes too hard and a little aimless.

I played this game loving it until I reached (what I thought at the time to be) the end battle. It took me many tries to beat this last boss and it was soooo very hard. Then I beat him and I was so stoked but the game didn't end...it opened up another part of the world and continued..but with some cool new abilities. Its this second half of the game that killed it for me. Talk about hard. It got old fast and the 2nd half was kinda aimless imo.

So the first 3/4 of the game was awesome and the last 1/4 sucked.

Would I play it again knowing what I know now? Not a chance. The 2nd half ruined it for me. Took the fun right out of it.

Dragon Age is the better game IMO and knowing what I know now.

Yeah DA was fun but i like being able to move out of the way of being hit for a change as games like DA NWN it don't matter if you moved or not.

And same here proving it self hard to play with some other BS like multiaple health regens over and over forcing you to use a sword. Then again the game is on hard so that explains it but seems to push a little harder than most games would for a hard setting.

Last edited:

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
It's not very open world. Unless open world means small areas that tend to channel you one way or the other.