• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Does Inclusion of Politcs and Political Correctness Impact Game Sales Negatively?

Does the inclusion of political agendas negatively affect your decision to buy a game?

• No

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Upper Echelon Gamers has an interesting video commentary on how Ubisoft in particular, seems to have figured out that being political or checking all the political correctness boxes may actually hurt game sales. I actually hope more developers and publishers come to this conclusion. Like he says in the video, most gamers just want to play a game. They don't buy it because of its agenda. Apparently the gaming media thinks opposite of gamers?

I'll let you watch without any further commentary by me.

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
This just reinforces my stereotype that gamers are super triggerable if they won't buy a game due to it ticking diversity boxes.

But it may be true.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
This just reinforces my stereotype that gamers are super triggerable if they won't buy a game due to it ticking diversity boxes.

But it may be true.

Gamers are always triggered, how else do you get frags :rockout: Also don't forget a healthy six pack of energy drink, sleep deprivation and lots of peer pressure. Perfect recipe!

Regardless, I will say that personally I really don't like the political 'trend' reflected in games. It impairs the game because no longer are we talking about pure creative vision and direction, we're talking about picking nice sound bites to somehow lend credibility to a game setting or 'suit' the audience its for.

I don't like that kind of creativity. Its easy, its weak and it shows that as a creative director you're lacking in vision and unable to truly create your own product. It also shows you're afraid of public opinion. This LGBTQ movement is a good example: if diverse gender is a core concept of a game, then by all means include it. But if its not? Battlefield with completely out-of-tone characters is just so bad for that reason alone. It kills immersion. Its the same as having someone dress up in a Super Mario outfit in the same game. Out of place.

What I dó like is when games reference to actual events but redo it in their own way. A good example of that IMO was Call of Duty Modern Warfare (1). Another really great series with reference to reality (or near future, perhaps?) and a true show of brilliance in that regard, is Metal Gear Solid, especially 2 and 4. Part 2 with its focus on 'the Philosophers' and the vehicle it uses (control of information to create total control) was absolutely brilliant and many ideas are things we struggle with even today. And in 4, the harsh reality of our current day proxy wars and how war is likely to evolve, use of implants and again, that eternal desire for control. If you put the imagery of the first few hours of MGS4 next to for example recent events in Iraq, Mali, Libya, the similarities are frighteningly striking, including all the PMCs and just missing the actually controlled implanted soldiers themselves.

That kind of 'politics' - which is more on the philosophical level really - makes games more real and grip you by the balls. 'Popular' politics... instant no buy for me. I can visit Twitter for that. And I don't really consider it a question of whether that negatively impacts a game. I know it does and it just has to affect sales as well.

People like to be surprised and immersed in entertainment. Its not entertainment or fiction anymore if it tries to resemble the real world. Thats where entertainment becomes a political statement or documentary.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
"The Media" wouldn't be relevant if people stopped watching/listening to it. Keep watching, sharing their opinions, posting links to their websites and videos all add to their growth. Just keep tuning in!

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Gamers are always triggered, how else do you get frags :rockout: Also don't forget a healthy six pack of energy drink, sleep deprivation and lots of peer pressure. Perfect recipe!

Regardless, I will say that personally I really don't like the political 'trend' reflected in games. It impairs the game because no longer are we talking about pure creative vision and direction, we're talking about picking nice sound bites to somehow lend credibility to a game setting or 'suit' the audience its for.

I don't like that kind of creativity. Its easy, its weak and it shows that as a creative director you're lacking in vision and unable to truly create your own product.

I don't see them as mutually exclusive. But I really don't see it much at all. I just really don't care.

The one exception is historically accuracy. If it was incorrect in the time, it should be presented as such. You can teach people racism/sexism = bad with negative stereotypes too, you know.

Ironically, people get confused on this point. Like the uproar over female generals in Rome 2, many of whom are actual references to individuals that existed in the real world. Because as every gamer knows, women never fought a war, they are just rape fodder. /s

"The Media" wouldn't be relevant if people stopped watching/listening to it. Keep watching, sharing their opinions, posting links to their websites and videos all add to their growth. Just keep tuning in!

Destroy my industry, you will not. Do that to ourselves, we will.

/unneccesary yoda speak

Last edited:
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I don't see them as mutually exclusive. But I really don't see it much at all. I just really don't care.

The one exception is historically accuracy. If it was incorrect in the time, it should be presented as such. You can teach people racism = bad with negative stereotypes too, you know.

Ironically, people get confused on this point. Like the uproar over female generals in Rome 2, many of whom are actual references to individuals that existed in the real world. Because as every gamer knows, women never fought a war, they are just rape fodder. /s

Destroy my industry, you will not. Do that to ourselves, we will.

/unneccesary yoda speak

If it is actually supported by lore and/or historically accurate every male or female or whatever is in between has my blessing... But again, the BF V example I think is the best recent one, and the lore supporting the presence of those characters is highly questionable at best. It is crystal clear that this is not creative direction but rather enforced 'popular' politics from higher up. It doesn't taste very good IMO. And in that situation people said the same thing about female soldiers back in the day, but really...? We all know what happened there in development.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
I don't think the PC stuff has any place in video games. For example, see the FF7 remake trailer. People are already triggered by Barret. Why? IMO it's more annoying to me to see PC crap plastered all over video games and such where it doesn't matter. Focus on some real life issues.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
If it is actually supported by lore and/or historically accurate every male or female or whatever is in between has my blessing... But again, the BF V example I think is the best recent one, and the lore supporting the presence of those characters is highly questionable at best. It is crystal clear that this is not creative direction but rather enforced 'popular' politics from higher up. It doesn't taste very good IMO. And in that situation people said the same thing about female soldiers back in the day, but really...? We all know what happened there in development.

Like I said I feel quite different about historical games. I just doubt the general gaming public would know the difference beyond "mah, minority/woman bad!" Sort of like how the public was infatuated with the idea of the Bonnie and Clyde romance that never existed likely because Clyde was evidently homosexual.

But my feelings towards gamers are a stereotype in and of itself I suppose. I just want it historically accurate when talking history. If I play a uboat sim, I don't need to pretend the entire crew is anti-nazi, as an example. So yeah. And yeah you can throw a gay guy in 40s germany if you want. Just don't have it end well (it wouldn't). Have that be the lesson: Be the change you can't exact in that setting.

We shouldn't all pretend the era that basically neutered Turing was full of tolerant people, because it's insulting to him and anyone who had stuff like that happen to them.

Last edited:
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Like I said I feel quite different about historical games. I just doubt the general gaming public would know the difference beyond "mah, minority/woman bad!" Sort of like how the public was infatuated with the idea of the Bonnie and Clyde romance that never existed likely because Clyde was evidently homosexual.

But my feelings towards gamers are a stereotype in and of itself I suppose. I just want it historically accurate when talking history. If I play a uboat sim, I don't need to pretend the entire crew is anti-nazi, as an example. So yeah. And yeah you can throw a gay guy in 40s germany if you want. Just don't have it end well (it wouldn't). Have that be the lesson: Be the change you can't exact in that setting.

We shouldn't all pretend the era that basically neutered Turing was full of tolerant people, because it's insulting to him and anyone who had stuff like that happen to them.

Oh but this I fully agree with, and is also what I wanted to say but I think got lost in translation. Games that make a statement about historical events or facts are mighty fine. I really liked Assassins Creed 1 for that as well. I think I don't regard that as 'political' really and I also don't have to agree with the message to really enjoy such a game. About that - Far Cry 5. I had really hoped Ubisoft would have taken things a bit less comical wrt the whole Christian religious cult thing.

Ubisoft has a knack for games with those themes IMO. Its an interesting subject... how far can/should you go, its a fine line between brilliance and utterly silly.

System Name Matter's / Helios 300 Predator
Processor Ryzen 7 2700 / i7 7700HQ
Motherboard B450 Tomahawk / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Cooling Arctic Freezer eSports Duo
Memory Patriot Viper ddr4 32gb / 32gb gskill ddr4
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 Super Ventus OC / GTX 1060 6gb
Storage Patriot Viper nvme M2, crucial MX300 275gb, Samsung 860 qvo 1tb
Display(s) Acer 24" 1080p / 15.6 1080p HD
Case Antec 300 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Audio Device(s) On Board - Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Cans
Power Supply Antec 850watt high current pro
Mouse Steel series Rival 600
Keyboard Corsair K70 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Software Win 10 Pro / Win 10 Home
Too bad there was not an I don't care button.
Games are games, PC or not. They will always be at mercy of whoever makes them and what they perceive. If it interests me then I will buy and play it.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
SimHealth comes to mind. It was a blatant attack on Hillary Care in the 1990s and sold poorly because of it.

Diversity for the sake of diversity doesn't work in games. Take for example, "Ned" in Assassin's Creed Syndicate. "Ned" stands out like a sore thumb in the game ruining the immersion.

If diversity doesn't fit the character or the player reasonably pushes the character in that direction, then it only exists to be a thorn in the players eye. If the publisher/developer insists on making that thorn (e.g. Wolfenstein II) a major defining feature of the game, yes, a lot of people won't buy it. This isn't only true in games, it's true in media in general (e.g. the female version of Ghostbusters). I even recall some comics causing an uproar because well established characters were turned homosexual on a whim.

Hell, games even sell poorly because of DRM in it being politicized (e.g. Spore). They definitely sold less than their potential simply because they're practically advertising "you're all pirates and we don't trust you!"

I would say more broadly that there's a narrative around every media product and if that narrative becomes politics in any form (including DRM), it will underperform sales expectations.

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Too bad there was not an I don't care button.
Games are games, PC or not. They will always be at mercy of whoever makes them and what they perceive. If it interests me then I will buy and play it.
Just for you, there is now.

System Name Matter's / Helios 300 Predator
Processor Ryzen 7 2700 / i7 7700HQ
Motherboard B450 Tomahawk / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Cooling Arctic Freezer eSports Duo
Memory Patriot Viper ddr4 32gb / 32gb gskill ddr4
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 Super Ventus OC / GTX 1060 6gb
Storage Patriot Viper nvme M2, crucial MX300 275gb, Samsung 860 qvo 1tb
Display(s) Acer 24" 1080p / 15.6 1080p HD
Case Antec 300 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Audio Device(s) On Board - Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Cans
Power Supply Antec 850watt high current pro
Mouse Steel series Rival 600
Keyboard Corsair K70 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Software Win 10 Pro / Win 10 Home

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
So watching the video and seeing these examples he provided... I think I know what is going on: the only way to get views for these kinds of sites anymore is to be controversial and what better way to be controversial than demand games have what players don't want?

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
There's nothing wrong with diversity - life is full of it.

But publishers use it (erroneously) because they feel there is a demand for it. Since when did minorities win elections? They don't. What we have is middle-class white men steering the direction to somewhere they 'think' it will generate more money. It's not about appeasing people, it's about ticking a PR box that they thought might work.

On the flipside, we discuss this from a 'free' perspective. Consider in many backwards countries, women aren't allowed to watch football (soccer) at a stadium. Or that minorities are still widely persecuted for being different, no matter what country we talk about.

I hate the liberal fascism of being told how to think but I despise, even more, the fundamentally conservative approach that chastises or punishes those that don't follow a certain path. If people weren't such intolerant idiots in the first place, we wouldn't need such over-representation of minorities. And FTR, I have a disability but I don't want to see a disabled super-hero. No way. My disability is my battle - I don't need some band-wagon riding, corporate bean-counter telling me it's great to be disabled or that disabled folk are brave too. We're not brave, we're disabled and we deal with it. Simple as that.

Now, where's my cookie?

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
The thing is, you're never going to appease those kinds of people anyway... all a studio that goes full PC ends up doing is making some historically inaccurate, nonsensical, half-censored trash. And then the typical reaction, when fans start asking questions, is to call them degenerates and ignore any criticism.

The ones that just focus on making the game end up with what the developers and artists originally had in mind, and it always ends up much much better.

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
I voted NO because, in spite of any agenda the developers might want to thrust forward, it's still just a video game and I'll lose myself in the action, regardless.
I remember the furore when Far Cry 5 was announced and the Steam forums practically imploded, with de riguer labels being bandied about like confetti.
Snowflakes and social justice warriors were the two most common assaults, not to mention trailer trash and the entire squabble ended up as an US and THEM argument so typical of gaming rants.
In the end FC5 went on to sell bucket loads (with SCJs, Snowflakes and so called trailer trash haters buying it in equal measure, I dare say).
As a target though, organised religious cults proved to be excellent target practice, for me anyway, so there's a kind of inverted message there.

System Name Ciel
Processor AMD Ryzen R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus
Cooling ID-Cooling 224-XT Basic
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury 3600MHz@3933MHz
Video Card(s) Gainward Ghost 3060 Ti 8GB + Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 8GB
Storage NVMe Kingston KC3000 2TB + NVMe Toshiba KBG40ZNT256G + HDD WD 4TB
Display(s) AOC Q27G3XMN + Samsung S22F350
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Audio Device(s) Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 7.1 Wireless PC
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS-500W
Mouse EVGA X15
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11
I want good stories in the games I play with well fleshed out characters, I don't care about their appearance, or their political/sexual preference. But if the only thing you can write about is how many colours of the "spectrum of genders" you can use, then we have a big problem.

Processor Intel Core 2 QX6850
Motherboard ABIT AB9 Pro
Cooling Zalman CNPS-9900 MAX-R
Memory Patriot PDC24G6400LLK (4x 2 GB)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Light Turbo
Storage Not Enough!
Display(s) Samsung T240HD
Case NZXT Zero
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Power Supply Thortech Thunderbolt Plus TTBPK00G 1000W
Mouse Elecom M-DUX70BK
Keyboard CM Storm Trigger (Cherry MX Brown)
Software NOT Windows 10
For example, see the FF7 remake trailer. People are already triggered by Barret.
I like how people didn't care much back during FF7's original release but are full of butthurt/nerdrage about it now.

Personally, I don't care either way. As @flmatter said, it's in the hands of producers rather than consumers. It's not even a new thing. Developers and/or publishers have always been hopping on trends. Everything from tutorials, casual-friendly, multiplayer focus, mobile focus, etc. It's just the current flavor/trend at the moment. As usual, a vocal group (whether they're a minority is debatable) will kneejerk and whine. But at the end of the day, profit is king. Most vocal groups tend not to have as much clout as they'd think (echo chambers on the Internet and all).

Speaking of all this... remember how you could kill children in the earlier Fallout games but the later ones made them invincible? Heh. To be fair, a lot of games are already subconciously self-censored. The devs and publishers tend to avoid taboo stuff in their home country/domestic market so people tend not to notice this stuff in the first place. It's the "borderline stuff" that draws attention because about half the people welcome it and about half the people find despise it.

By the way, the poll question is semi-loaded. I'd be curious to see if such things would positively impact people's decisions to buy games. Probably moot given the political slant of TPU's userbase, but still...

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
I like that Kingdom Come Deliverance, and Warhorse took a chance with its game, and they got ROASTED all over the gamer media for it.

Still an awesome game, and they did really well. Just need more studios to be able to put out what they want to put out and let the market decide. No one wants watered down games.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
By the way, the poll question is semi-loaded. I'd be curious to see if such things would positively impact people's decisions to buy games
You raise a good point, but I based it upon the theme of the video editorial.

I could have gone and divided it between two yes votes and two no votes, as well as don’t care, if I were trying to be PC. :p

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
I have been getting the Liberal political agenda pushed at me for most of my life through the media. One example is when I was a kid watching TV Shows like The Jeffersons, Good Times and Sanford and Son portraying black people as saints and white people as idiots.

It's pretty obvious that a lot of pressure has been put on Publishers by activists to have their Developers push the inclusive thing. I don't really care as long as it doesn't get too ridiculous. If it gets to the point of being silly then I pass on the game. I'm looking at you Far Cry New Dawn.

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Lightening PG
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120SE CPU cooler, 3x 140mm, 1x 120mm case fan
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Flare X5 DDR5 6000 (PC5 48000) F5-6000J3038F16GX2-FX5
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 4070
Storage 2TB Sandisk SSD, 2TB P31 SK Hynix, 4TB WD SN850X, WD Black 6TB, WD Red Plus 12TB
Case Fractal Design Definse S
Power Supply Seasonic Focus 750
Mouse Logitech Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Silent w/red LED
VR HMD HTC Vive
Software Win 10 Pro
I think the OP is flawed because Far Cry New Dawn and Ghost Recon Michael Bay Explosion Festival: Breakthrough are the exact opposite. Just watch the video, you'll see a woman in a supposedly special forces group. How many women in real life do such a thing? Few, if any. And I'm not talking about female translators attached to SF units. Ubisoft panders to these demographics in cringe worthy ways just as much as EA games does. Ubisoft has fully embraced the "play as you feel" game design. See Far Cry 5/New Dawn again. You can choose gender and look regardless of how out of place it may be for an officer in Wyoming. And this was at the expense of having a real character with voice acting which was present in FC1, 3 and 4.

I'm sure Ghost Explosion will copy this as well.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
I think the OP is flawed because Far Cry New Dawn and Ghost Recon Michael Bay Explosion Festival: Breakthrough are the exact opposite. Just watch the video, you'll see a woman in a supposedly special forces group. How many women in real life do such a thing? Few, if any. And I'm not talking about female translators attached to SF units. Ubisoft panders to these demographics in cringe worthy ways just as much as EA games does. Ubisoft has fully embraced the "play as you feel" game design. See Far Cry 5/New Dawn again. You can choose gender and look regardless of how out of place it may be for an officer in Wyoming. And this was at the expense of having a real character with voice acting which was present in FC1, 3 and 4.

I'm sure Ghost Explosion will copy this as well.
You might have missed the part in the video where Ubi is being attacked by media sources before the next Ghost for not pandering to special interest and political correctness.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
And FTR, I have a disability but I don't want to see a disabled super-hero. No way. My disability is my battle - I don't need some band-wagon riding, corporate bean-counter telling me it's great to be disabled or that disabled folk are brave too. We're not brave, we're disabled and we deal with it. Simple as that.

As an Autistic spectrum person I appluad you. I too am a chickenshit, not brave. Brave would get me rapidly in scenarios I don't like.

I have been getting the Liberal political agenda pushed at me for most of my life through the media. One example is when I was a kid watching TV Shows like The Jeffersons, Good Times and Sanford and Son portraying black people as saints and white people as idiots.

It's pretty obvious that a lot of pressure has been put on Publishers by activists to have their Developers push the inclusive thing. I don't really care as long as it doesn't get too ridiculous. If it gets to the point of being silly then I pass on the game. I'm looking at you Far Cry New Dawn.

I laugh every time you include "Sanford and Son" in the liberal new agenda. I've seen the show and the black people in it were not portrayed as saintly and everyone in the show was an idiot. It was honestly a basic run of the mill vaguely racist sitcom.