1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dominator Overclock please help

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by titan_zero, Jul 13, 2008.

1. titan_zero

titan_zero

Thanks Received:
    Hello Friends

I have a kit memories Dominator 4 gb in total, cm2x2048-8500 C5D in theory work to 1066 by default, according to the specifications of my asus motherboard P5N72-T can carry up to 1200,when I tried to restart the memory did not give me a sign video and sound the horn repeatedly dl team, I have to turn off the computer and come back in the bios

the configuration that was attempting to use the following
    1200MHZ
    2.1V
    5-5-5-15 latency CR2 if someone can clarify whether these parameters are incorrect and which I use for the memories can achieve that speed
    thanks........
    :rockout:

2. calvary1980

calvary1980 New Member

Thanks Received:
    increase the voltage.

- Christine

3. Jarman New Member

Thanks Received:
    the extra speed will give u diminishing results but there are a couple of things you can try. As chris said, ur gonna need more volts...probably 2.2V or more. Be careful though, as increasing past specs can void your warranty and DM9GH chips dont like voltage. Even a little too much can send them to an early grave. You will achieve much more by overclocking the E8500 than the ram.

titan_zero says thanks.
  4. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    Increase the NB volts by 0.1 to compensate for having all memory banks filled (if you haven't already).