1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Durango Out in 2013, Lacks Optical Drive: Report

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Mar 9, 2012.

1. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Well I don't think AMD because IBM has done a fantastic job with console CPU's, and AMD just doesn't have the capacity for it. Microsoft is gonna want a company that they know can deliver the amount of CPU's when they ask, IBM or Intel most likely. I personally would love to see a game console that ran an x86 CPU rather than a PowerPC setup, would make ports suck less.

2. DarthCyclonis New Member

Thanks Received:
    As you have pointed out I don't see MS moving away from IBM unless AMD or Intel has some phenomenal offer. Intel and MS are probably not on the best of terms with MS betting against x86 with ARM support in Windows 8. Something they initially denied to Intel in the beginning of development.

3. Nihilus

Thanks Received:
    Great response to that really bone-headed comment. :shadedshu Factoring in inflation, you could argue game prices have gone down slightly since the snes days

4. Prima.Vera

Prima.Vera

Thanks Received:
    No optical?? Not even an ultra cheap DVD read only drive?? Now that is a Mistake!