1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

E3 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by shk021051, Jun 6, 2011.

1. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I agree, as i said before they only showed three good hardcore exclusive titles also(gears 3, forza 4 and halo 4), then after that it was all Kinect garbage and social networking software.

2. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Jack's apology was sincere and Uncharted was nice but no Rockstar and it wasn't very exciting :(

3. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Come on i dont really like the xbox 360 that much its been a paperweight for months for me. Anything that gets me some use out of it is pretty good by my books. Ive had the thing since 2006! Although i did swap to a Falcon chipset. I ended up getting a new 360, 2 games and 2 controllers all for £50 total once i sold the original premium.
    I bought the 3DS on launch does that make me a Nintendo fanboy too? lol joking man.

What about the Playstation keynote? Was that any better?
    Microsoft just gave me cloud support and a new dashboard, i think that was pretty decent. Most of the games i did know about before hand though Halo 4 was a big surprise and people are saying its a new trilogy of games.

Whether or not you like the Kinect or not at least they are starting to support it more, personally i would only buy one if it was dirt cheap its just not that compelling for me.

I was just trying to say from an owners perspective it wasn't that bad and i compared it to the Playstation because the Nintendo Conference hasn't happened yet. Maybe i didnt give Sony enough credit i mean they did announce Medieval for move and Sly Cooper which i guess used to be good games in years gone by. Most of the things have been leaked or announced already like the new Uncharted or the HD Collections. I just find it hard to get excited about the PSVita especially since it was everything i already knew about it like the name and some of the games like LBP.

4. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
  5. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    so the NGP really will be called the vita, man I like the 250 price but the name is killing it for me

sounds like a bottle of water or somethin

6. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    I bet it will cost a lot to develop AAA titles for the Vita. probably going to be cheaper to port a lot of PS3 titles. Nintendo will destroy it anyways.

i'm going to go eat some velVEETA :laugh:

[​IMG]

7. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    dude, really? I mean yeah it wasnt that great but did you see Sony's. They kissed ass for the first 30 minutes. Idk about you guys but im pumped for Halo 4, Halo Anniversary(even though this franchise is turning to much into cod) Gears of War 3, and BF3. I was freaking out when i saw the guy demo'ing Bf3 at the EA conference using a PC.

KieranD says thanks.
  8. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Thanks Received:
    Sony had to kiss ass for the first half hour. Everyone and their grandma should have seen that coming.

This whole E3 has been a let down for me, outside of Battlefield 3. Hopefully Nintendo has something worthwhile tomorrow.

hellrazor, 1Kurgan1 and CDdude55 say thanks.
  9. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
  10. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    It was quite obvious that they were going to do such a thing after the networking debacle, why would anyone be surprised?, kissing the customers ass in an attempt to make them feel better isn't a new tactic after a such a disaster happens.

And again, that's all they had, Gears 3, Forza 4 and Halo as main exclusive titles, Sony is killing them in content this year. Uncharted 3, Infamous 2, Resistance 3, Twisted Metal, Sly Cooper and so on. No ones claims any company is better, but even a blind man can see the better and more abundant lineup.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  11. shk021051

shk021051

Thanks Received:
    Dude,sony conference was too boring.All the time the show was 3D and PS move,while Uncharted 3, Infamous 2, Resistance 3, Twisted Metal were introduced before and just they has sly cooper

12. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Most of the games shown at each conference will be games that were already announced, Halo 4 was the only core title game Microsoft showed that wasn't already announced to exist beforehand, this isn't new, they just expand and get into more detail of what they announced beforehand, and Sony has the better lineup imo, it's hardcore exclusive lineup is a lot more satisfying to me whether or not they were already announced.

13. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    I loved the BF3 footage. I am hoping DICE will release the hardware requirements in time so that we have time to update what is needed, for those that need. I also hope that DICE won't back-stab me and let me fly the B-1 Lancer that blasted that hill in the end! :D OMFG! Finally cluster bombs!

hellrazor says thanks.
  14. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Your complaining of Microsoft just showing games we already know about? Did you SEE the Sony keynote? Much of the same thing. I dont care about any of the games they showed apart from Uncharted 3, they didnt even show of Twisted Metal! Missed opportunity.

15. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Give me TOR or give me nothing.

16. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Because announcing 1-2 titles is more important than announcing a cheap, powerful portable capable of very high quality graphics? I think you're grasping at straws if you think the Vita is a crap announcement (especially at $250), yet Halo 4 which is designed by a completely different studio from every other Halo game is exciting.

CDdude55 and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  17. AltecV1

AltecV1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    stupid 10h time differents ! get up you lazy americans !!!!,i have been waiting whole day already :laugh:

18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Does anyone remember when sequels used to have new graphics and elements added to games? When as gamers did we start accepting the same damn game over and over again with just a title change and a map pack?

19. chris89 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Farcry 3 does look fantastic, and so does Skyrim, hopefully Bethesda will learn and have high res textures as standard on PC.

BiA 4 i will not buy as it isn't a BiA i want to continue with Bakers story and not an Inglourious B' rip off.

Halo 1 remake will be good and i hope it is exact and we get the ott pistol again, another game i want to see more of is BioShock Infinitie.

Chris

20. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    Well, they've been regurgitating the same crap for years in the television and film industry without creating too much of a backlash, so it was only a matter of time before the same marketing mentality took hold in other entertainment industries. Clearly voting with your wallet is the only way to combat such practices, but too many people encourage them to maintain this approach by continuing to buy regardless.

hellrazor and TheMailMan78 say thanks.
  21. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I know. Like the man said in the FarCry 3 trailer. "Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results is the definition of insanity." Replace insanity with stupidity and you have 90% of the Earths population. At least clinically insane people don't bother other people with their bullshit.

22. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    The mob rules ;)

23. Captain.Abrecan

Captain.Abrecan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh wow...you should let me put that in my sig

Does anyone know if the remastered halo will be done using a new engine, or if they are just updating the textures? The trailer for Halo 4 was short IMO.

24. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Go ahead. Its nice to be quoted.

25. BondExtreme

Thanks Received:
    Nintendo conference starting soon! =D