1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

E7300+mobo@Frys $120

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Xazax, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Xazax

Xazax

Thanks Received:
  2. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Wow, that is a great deal. Very impressed.

3. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    The problem with Frys and their deals is 9 times outa 10 they are refurbished hardware that nobody wants to buy. Specialy the CPU and mobo deals. They put good deals on them so they can hand you a refurbished ECS board to go with your CPU thats been used already. So far every single combo ive gotten from Frys was a refurbished ECS board and the CPU still had some thermal paste on it from the last guy who used it and returned it.

4. Xazax

Xazax

Thanks Received:
    I never gotten that, the CPUs are always new and the motherboards as well, sometime if there all out new motherboards they will hand me a refurb.. but if you have any problems you can just take it back to them anyway.

5. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ive tried doing that in hopes of getting a new one and i never do. My last 5600+ i had to take it back because A it had something other than thermal paste all over it and was doa. I took the board AND cpu back in hopes of new and i got more refurb stuff.

6. Xazax

Xazax

Thanks Received:
    Your frys just sucks.. sorry to hear that man.

7. proletariandan New Member

Thanks Received:
    I bought a E7200 with this board for $99 last week and couldn't be happier. Turned up to 1333FSB & 3.16GHz and its running like a champ. The Chicago store has dozens of these boards so getting a new one won't be a problem.

8. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    never had that issue before

9. trimack213 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I always thought the CPU combo were OEM. This got me worried, so I went and check on my e7300/ecs which I got this week. It turns out this CPU has scratches marks/lines on the top square plate that covers the cores... I then check the back of the CPU and saw a tiny shade of brown color under the surfaces. As if someone tried to OC this and failed, then returned it.

I thought it would be best to exchange this, and maybe get something else. They refused to accept this CPU. The reason is, I am missing a black protector piece that stay in the plastic case which goes under the CPU. I kept telling them it was never there to begin with. So, because I don't have it, they wont let me return the CPU/MB.

Looks like I have to wait until Tuesday before I can test this CPU if it has any problem, because the rest of my system part has not arrived yet.

This was such a bad experience, and I hope some of you learn from my mistake. Be careful when buying CPU/MB deal from Fry, most may be in a good condition . But some, in my case will give you a big headache.

10. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    If I had a fry's around here, I would be tempted to go check this out, and I'd probably open the shit in the store, right at the counter with the cashier watching. :roll:

11. Xazax

Xazax

Thanks Received:
    Yea sometime you gotta be careful frys is good but i had a bad experience as well, i bought an E8400 combo from them awhile back.. when to go take the combo back 2-3 days later and there telling me the Serial number on the CPU and the Receipt dont match, im totally stumped at this one.. how the hell can that be THATS the ONLY E8400 i HAD in my HANDs its impossible! i agrued with them but they wouldn't take it back so i promptly left the store... how the S/N numbers didnt match i have no idea it was pretty stupid.

12. trimack213 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The best part was when the store manager try to explain some logic to why it is your fault and not theirs. "It is IMPOSSIBLE for these CPU to leave the cage without that black piece of protector" Right.... just like its IMPOSSIBLE for me to return this CPU in another location. :banghead:

It seem pointless to try and deputes with them, they have already made up their mind about you trying to scam them. I think it was their incompetence that your CPU S/N number did not match to your receipt/plastic case tags. That hows I was able to return this combo at another frys store. The person inspecting it did not know what to check, nor test the MB/CPU, So its ends up back in the store for the next unlucky customer.

I just went ahead and bought the new E5200(retail box) + GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L at neweggs instead. Less problem dealing with Used CPU/mobo combo

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  13. Xazax

Xazax

Thanks Received:
    What a vicious cycle eh?

14. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    well we have learned that fry's is not the safest of places to buy parts :roll:

15. carbon231 New Member

Thanks Received:
    sweet !! thanks