1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EA and Crytek set Deployment date for Crysis Warhead

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Aug 13, 2008.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Electronic Arts Inc. and Crytek GmbH announced today that Crysis Warhead, the pulse-racing new installment of the Crysis universe, will ship to retail stores in North America on September 16th and in Europe on September 12th. Beginning today, gamers can pre-order Crysis Warhead at the EA Store here for only $24.95; $5 less than the full retail price, or receive $10 off when purchasing both Crysis Warhead and Crysis. Crysis Warhead recently recognized by IGN PC as being the Best First Person Shooter and showcasing the Best Graphics Technology of E3 2008.

“We think Crysis Warhead is going to offer a tremendous experience to a wide range of gamers,” said Cevat Yerli, CEO and President of Crytek. “Fans of Crysis are going to enjoy more of the open-ended gameplay, cutting-edge visuals and huge, epic battles from the first game, while also finally finding out what kind of havoc Psycho was wreaking on the other side of the island.

Crysis Wars Announcement
    At the same time, we designed Warhead to be more accessible for gamers new to the Crysis franchise. It is a standalone game with a story that can stand on its own, it has been optimized to run better on a wider range of PCs, and we are introducing Crysis Wars®, a tailor-made experience for multiplayer gamers within the Crysis universe – all at a great value.”

Crysis Wars features three multiplayer modes, including TeamInstantAction, a new match type that mixes fast-paced action in a team-based environment, in addition to the insanely frenetic gameplay style of InstantAction and the hardcore team-based PowerStruggle, both of which return from Crysis. The game will include 21 maps, six new maps for TeamInstantAction and InstantAction, and one for PowerStruggle and Crytek will also have a support team dedicated to meeting the needs of the Crysis Wars community.

Upcoming Warhead Trailer
    A brand new trailer for Crysis Warhead will premiere exclusively on “GameTrailers TV with Geoff Keighley” this Friday, August 15th on Spike TV (check your local listings) and will be available online at GameTrailers immediately following the show.

Crysis Warhead is a standalone title and does not require the original Crysis to play. The game has been rated ‘M’ for Mature by the ESRB and ‘16+’ by PEGI. For more information about the game, please visit the game’s new web site launching today at: www.crysiswarhead.com.

Source: CryMod
  2. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Got it payed off with pre-order so I just gotta pick it up! Good to know the multiplayer will be better tho.
  3. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Many Thanks to Urbklr for sending this in.
  4. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Thanks Received:
    NY, the state were you cant defend yourself
    cool, Crysis Wars, I thought that was a cheap rip off of an rts, but its not, sweet deal!
  5. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    It will be interesting to know how long will this game will be.
  6. Urbklr

Urbklr

Thanks Received:
    Crytek stated just 8-10 hours:(...same length as Crysis.
  7. Megasty New Member

Thanks Received:
    8-10 hrs huh. They must be thinking about ppl that never played anything b4. I don't like relatively hardass games, but Crysis was just a bunch hiding & killing. It took me about 4 hrs to finish the thing on the first try with breaks every now & then cause the kids kept on bothering me :D They did make the game too easy since they basically told you what you had to do when you had to do it :(

If I can get 2 good hrs out of this, I'll be happy :toast:
  8. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    You know, I still haven't beat Crysis, though I am pretty close. A 8-10 hour game can turn into a 20 hour game very quickly when you only get to play an hour or two a week in half hour increments. The first 10 minutes of play is spent trying to remember what I was in the middle of doing.:banghead:

I miss the days when I could just sit down and play a game for hours on end.
    Crunching for Team TPU 25 Million points folded for TPU
  9. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    lol @ 'pulse racing' action. that game bored me. and you know that this add-on is just gonna be more of the same.
  10. oli_ramsay

oli_ramsay

Thanks Received:
    I enjoyed looking at it's beauty rather actually playing it. Just another point, click, kill game if you ask me, just with incrediable graphics.
  11. Urbklr

Urbklr

Thanks Received:
    I don't know, this game is more suited towards the user's likes. I personally loved Crysis, because the way you play it is my favorite way of playing, lots of stealth. Nothing like wrecking a camp of Koreans without even alerting one;). This game will be much more action packed, like the end of Crysis...because it's a whole bunch of booms, and ton's of Koreans.
  12. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Agreed, I personally would have liked the game to be more like FEAR. That was the best FPS I have played in a long time. It actually had me freaked out at points and it was really fun to play. I liked the AI in FEAR better too. The enemies would actually try to out flank you instead of just running at you in a straight line like they do in Crysis. I mean, there were litterally placed in Crysis where 20-30 bodies were stacked up on top of eachother because the enemies would just keep running straigh into my fire.:shadedshu
    Crunching for Team TPU 25 Million points folded for TPU
  13. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i love Crysis SP, my style fits in nicely, run in, toss a grenade and jump around shooting everyone and everything and makking the roof fall in on your enemies so you dont have to do the work is classic
  14. Urbklr

Urbklr

Thanks Received:
    I didn't notice enemy's running into my fire...80% of them try to flank...only to find me not there, then they recon around for my new position. The rest stay behind cover and pound my old location, and then shoot blindly into the area around me, looking for me.
  15. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    The game is more than just point and click.. If you played it on Delta then you would know its actually a really exciting game. Ive played through it atleast 10 times because its just so fun. Delta makes it harder because you have to use stealth and if you just run in a village with your guns blazing your gonna get owned. And if you have a computer like mine that can run it with all the effects then it just brings you in more because the graphics are so nice.
  16. chron New Member

Thanks Received:
    I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY PULSE RACING FOR JUST 25 BUCKS! And when I'm done smoking crack I might buy this game too...
  17. PrudentPrincess

PrudentPrincess New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you guys want more than 10 hours of gameplay you could always play on Delta. It made Crysis really hard and the AI is actually really smart at the hardest settings. Although I found that I couldn't risk not using my shield powerup 24/7 because I was so easy to kill. :confused:
  18. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    I like using strength when I'm on delta. The shield only lets you take a few more bullets anyway. Plus they die alot faster with max strength!
  19. chron New Member

Thanks Received:
    plus you know, who didn't spend like 5 hours straight choppin the forrest down with a machine gun? Do people take that into consideration?
    Wayward and infrared say thanks.
  20. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    When I found out I could shoot down trees in the demo I went around and shot down every tree I could find :laugh: and I blew all the buildings up :p Physics just add more hours to the game :rockout:
  21. infrared New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol yep! :D

Lookin forward to this!
  22. Conti027

Conti027

Thanks Received:
    :roll:
    But im a crysis fan. im waiting for a good zombie mod to.
  23. Megasty New Member

Thanks Received:
    hehe, I only did that after I was done with the game - but that was when I switched to delta...very bad move :shadedshu
  24. crow1001 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Meh, same old crap this time more vehicle orientated, another EA cash cow with no substance, be a fool to pay for this. ;)
  25. Urbklr

Urbklr

Thanks Received:
    I'm sure a lot of us will be buying this "cash cow". Seeing as it is only $30, and just as long as the first game, I don't see how they are trying to just make money of it. A lot of people actually enjoy Crysis, some people just can't believe that:rolleyes: