• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Editing the titles of threads?

Should the Creator of a Thread Be Allowed to Edit the Title Indefinitely?

• Yes

Votes: 48 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters
No one can know... not even a mod.
Because it was never possible to do.

I've had problems solved, I would amend the title to include (solved), but I don't have the guts to pm a mod every time I get a problem solved here...
(Believe me if I start doing that I'm sure all the mods here would suddenly agree to let members change the title of their thread!!):D

In the past four years we've allowed many things for the users, I've seen a lot happen. I think I've been here long enough to know how the average users are. You look at the issue from your own perspective, I look at the whole community. A hand full of people might bother, which simply isn't worth the abuse. Anything that can be changed will be abused. Look at the latest tag addition for example. Every single person here is a great comedian, yet I hardly ever laugh.

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
No one can know... not even a mod.
Because it was never possible to do.

I've had problems solved, I would amend the title to include (solved), but I don't have the guts to pm a mod every time I get a problem solved here...
(Believe me if I start doing that I'm sure all the mods here would suddenly agree to let members change the title of their thread!!):D

Wouldn't it be nice if you could close the thread instead of a "(solved)"? Users could be given the option to close a thread they start.

The only potential abuse is that people would start and close threads at random, for which moderators can flex their give infraction buttons.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could close the thread instead of a "(solved)"? Users could be given the option to close a thread they start.

The only potential abuse is that people would start and close threads at random, for which moderators can flex their give infraction buttons.

Wouldn't be handy.

Say I have an issue, I start a thread. After 10 replies my issues is solved, I close the thread. Then it turns out you have the same problem, though part of the solution isn't clear and you wish to ask a specific question. You can't, so you have to make a copy of the thread. Or say you have a better solution, you can't add it. Which, in addition, will make the search function less effective. The few people who bother to use it won't find as much information as they could.

btarunr

Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Software Windows 11 Pro
Wouldn't be handy.

Say I have an issue, I start a thread. After 10 replies my issues is solved, I close the thread. Then it turns out you have the same problem, though part of the solution isn't clear and you wish to ask a specific question. You can't, so you have to make a copy of the thread. Or say you have a better solution, you can't add it. Which, in addition, will make the search function less effective. The few people who bother to use it won't find as much information as they could.

I would close a thread after the solution worked. At least it saves off-topic discussion while I'm away after getting those 10 replies. Point is, it's noted in many threads that the starter is answered in the first few posts and then other users start an off-shoot of the thread. Often off-shoots snowball into flamewars, "oh yeah?, I'll show you!" kind of posts. On the flipside I admit it's counter to the concept of a community where I can post on a thread lying dead since 2006 for an update, and that a user cannot be denied to post on a thread that he's looking for answers and not necessarily start a new thread all over. Lot of things to balance. :(

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
I agree with Dan in that I do not think users should be able to close threads for the very reason he gave.

I would, however, find it handy on occasion to change one my own thread titles.
Usually just to make it a little more descriptive that the original.

I don't think changing the title should move it up on the thread list (like adding a post would).

Just my 2 cents.

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 OC 4 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 19.04 LTS
Wouldn't be handy.

This could be fixed:

Why not give the original poster the ability to close and re-open (if necessary)?

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Well if someone comes up with a better solution and the OP is not around, they can't add to the thread.

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Well if someone comes up with a better solution and the OP is not around, they can't add to the thread.

They can always PM the post's author, no?

Polaris573

Senior Moderator
Processor LGA 775 Intel Q9550 2.8 Ghz
Motherboard MSI P7N Diamond - 780i Chipset
Cooling Arctic Freezer
Memory 6GB G.Skill DDRII 800 4-4-3-5
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB PCI-E
Storage 1 TB Seagate 32MB Cache, 250 GB Seagate 16MB Cache
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Coolermaster Centurion 5
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 600 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
This could be fixed:

Why not give the original poster the ability to close and re-open (if necessary)?

So then if someone wanted to ask a question in a thread they would have to PM the thread creator? That still creates a cluttered, inefficient, nightmare.

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Audio Device(s) Onboard
So then if someone wanted to ask a question in a thread they would have to PM the thread creator? That still creates a cluttered, inefficient, nightmare.

I see your point, dude.

Nightmare? I wouldn't say that, but i agree that it would complicate things, yes!

thoughtdisorder

System Name Decent Lappy
Voted yes for the ability for the thread starter to change the title indefinitely.

My vote would be no on the ability to "close" the thread for the very reasons pointed out above by Dan and Polaris. Neat idea but not practical.

System Name Monolith
Processor Intel Xeon E3110 Wolfdale@3.5GHz
Motherboard MSI P35-Neo
Cooling Active Air
Memory 4GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 3850 512MB PCI-E
Storage 1 x 80GB Internal, 1 x 250GB Internal, 1 x 40GB External
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Generic black case with locking front bezel
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply 500 Watt Seasonic M12
Put thought into thread titles, and use proper grammar the first time. I don't see why that can't accomplished in one try. Many muss up titles grammatically out of ignorance of grammatical rules anyway, that'll only be fixed as English language skills improve. That might take months, years or never in some cases.

We'll see thread titles go from, "helps me my is moboz is broked!!!!" to "helps me my is moboz is broked!!!! helpz me fast now sumbodys."

:p

I must agree with BP here, as it would be a helpful tool. My Abit AT7 problem, back when I had it, I couldn't edit the title, to inform people that I got my issue resolved, and not everyone reads threads to see "issue resolved" in the OP or the post or anything.

Just my 0.02..

and Polaris, what's your MSN? I enjoy long grammatical debates. (jk)

Expand your vocabulary. Muss is not misspelt.

Last edited:
System Name Black Panther
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO Wifi 1.0
Cooling NZXT Kraken X72 360mm
Memory 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX2080 Ti Dual 11GB DDR6
Storage Samsung EVO 970 500GB SSD M.2 & 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
Display(s) 32'' Gigabyte G32QC 2560x1440 165Hz
Case NZXT H710i Black
Audio Device(s) Razer Electra V2 & Z5500 Speakers
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850 Gold 80+
Mouse Some Corsair lost the box forgot the model
Keyboard Motospeed
Software Windows 10
In the past four years we've allowed many things for the users, I've seen a lot happen. I think I've been here long enough to know how the average users are. You look at the issue from your own perspective, I look at the whole community.

You're 100% right there, I surely don't know the forum as much as you do since I discovered TPU only a year ago last May.
However, even though it might not appear, I did not make this suggestion from my own perspective but honestly I tried to look at the whole community and with the aim of making TPU a better place.

A hand full of people might bother, which simply isn't worth the abuse. Anything that can be changed will be abused. Look at the latest tag addition for example. Every single person here is a great comedian, yet I hardly ever laugh.

This is where I don't agree. I can't understand where this potential system of enabling the OP to change the title of his thread can be abused?

Okay some of the members stretched the argument into even allowing any member to close and re-open at whim the thread they started. That had never been my point and I don't agree with it at all. If someone makes a thread and people want to post then everyone should be free to post, and a normal member shouldn't be able to decide where and what other normal members post. That's a moderator's job and that really can cause abuse - imagine the scenario where someone asks for suggestions to buy parts, and because he doesn't like the replies/brands suggested he just bluntly closes the thread!:shadedshu

Also to make it clear, what I intended was that ONLY the OP would have the facility of changing the thread title.
After all, all members can edit their posts any time. No other normal member can edit another normal member's post, and the same should apply to the titles of the same post.

Let's just list the advantages and disadvantages of this suggestion, including the most trivial and the most important (summed up from what everyone posted so far):

The Advantages:

1) The editing of mistakes in the title. These can be spelling mistakes (like the better/butter one) or other types of mistakes like those of omission or because the OP doesn't natively speak English or isn't well conversed on the topic like the rest of the members and he realises he didn't formulate the title correctly/professionally.

Like the scenario where one askes for advice on the 8800GTS and after pressing the 'submit' button he realises that he omitted to say whether it's the G80 or G92 version. Or he's a newbie who realises that there had been 2 versions of that card only after reading the first couple of replies to his post because he just didn't know before. Or someone who was sure he had an E4300 only to realise after logging in to the other computer that it was an E4400...

2) The impression this forum gives to a newbie who comes here off google.
This complements the first reason above. Many people come here because they have a hardware/software problem, use google and this site comes up amongst the search. The first thing he sees is the title of the threads....

3) Sometimes even after careful thinking about how to formulate the title, the way the thread progresses makes it that ironically the title would be the only part of the thread which is "off topic" so to speak.
I bring this example - someone buys a new monitor, plugs it in, and the picture is mucked up. He makes a post about the monitor, the brand, its settings, going into details on ms, contrast ratio etc etc... A couple of posts later it surfaces that coincidentally the problem had been because the oc of his graphics card wasn't keeping up with the demands of the large monitor just purchased. What happens in such threads? Some members unfortunately just read the title, and give it a miss because they don't know much about monitors to give advice. They wouldn't know that the content inside the thread would have been discussion on the OP's graphic card. Or even worse, some people might read the title, and confident that they know the solution through personal experience might post advice on monitor settings/drivers etc without even realising that the problem had been the GPU all the way.

4) The Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum.
In this case the OP can easily add to the title "SOLD" or "BOUGHT".

It will easily reduce confusion of having people asking about it, or having to read the whole thread to see what happened (which usually isn't done). Also it's a great benefit for members who have some hard-to-sell or hard-to-find item which has been in that forum for a couple of months because automatically people might think that since it's an "old" thread they just overlook it without bothering to post or pm the OP. And speaking of pm's it's very common that members don't know what happens in this particular forum since commonly transactions are finally carried out in private via pm.
Sure some OP's here might 'forget' to mark their thread appropriately, but this can hardly be classified as abuse since upon receiving such query they'd remember to amend the title so as not to be inundated by further queries for an item no longer available!

4) The moderators save some work.

I'm sure all of us respect their work, I have an inkling because I mod another (totally different genre of) forum. That's the reason why personally I don't send title change requests to our mods here because it can be quite a handful to deal with...
And to our mods, please don't expect us to be perfect. No one is perfect and it doesn't mean that if someone formulated a bad/misspelt title it automatically implies carelessness. We have members all over the world, ultimately all people interested in computers have the potential of finding their haven here. This includes people with ADHD who are impulsive and can't help it, and who might realise their mistakes later; people who are dyslexic but who otherwise are very knowlegeable... yet others who might not even be using their hands to control mouse and keyboard....
And to give a very trivial example on myself without pointing any fingers, lately I changed my mouse - I have to be extremely careful because I haven't got accustomed yet so as soon as I relax my hand on the thing I get the buttons pressed. That spells disaster if in the midst of a post I happen to have the pointer on the 'submit' button.

5) Last but not least, trying this out isn't something irreversible which once done is done. A trial could be done - for a week, for a month, whatever.

The disadvantages:

Sorry but I couldn't find any... :ohwell:

However looking at the trend of this thread, abuse was mentioned.
Also, the disadvantages of the 'thread tags' were mentioned for the precise reason because they were abused. However the tags were allowed to be placed anonymously, by any member, to any thread... Even the most mature member might get the temptation to play the 'invisible naughty guy'.
But here we're speaking, let's mention me Black Panther: I create a thread - I want to change the title - who can change it? - only me... So whatever happens to the title of the thread? - it's just like as if it had been my original title - it still has my name attached to it if I do something silly or abusive - who did it? - The answer would be myself and no one else. Do you think I'd ever even have the temptation to play silly in that way? You bet not!

If someone registers here to troll and spam/abuse he is certainly not waiting for the option to amend the title of his threads to be created, he will spam nonetheless so that's out of the argument.

The rest of us, who have friends here and a reputation, who like to help and be helped in return, might find it a temptation to add a silly/funny tag anonymously to some thread maybe just for a quick joke.... but does anyone of you fathom any way how you can 'abuse' by changing a title of a thread which you yourself created and which everyone knows that only you have the power to change the title of?

Anything that can be changed will be abused.
That's a correct statement, but its correctness doesn't justify the refusal for change. Maybe far-fetched but if no change ever happened for fear of abuse we'd still be neanderthals living in caves....
You know that anyone can edit their post - right now I can go and edit my 861 posts to display a direct link perhaps to some totally offensive or prohibited site or picture... and so can the rest of the 27,000+ members of TPU. But tell me how many members have abused their power to edit their posts so far???

Thank you for reading so far, those of you who made it! ;) Apologies for dehydration caused due to watering eyes...:)
Here's my conclusion:

I don't want to appear as if I'm forcing the issue. This is something only for W1zzard and our moderators to decide because they pay for this site and work hard for its optimal performance, undoubtedly because this is one of the most flawless forums I've ever been in.

But this was the reason why I didn't make it a poll in the first place because it wasn't my intention to put any pressure on the decision. It was not my insistence that a poll was created, though I am glad it was done since it better reflects the opinions here. For a similar reason I did not give any thanks to anyone's opinion.

However my persistence lies in that I am 100% convinced that were this to be implemented it would be a good decision for the good of all the members, the moderators and for the same optimal performance of TPU in general.

Had not been so confident about the above I wouldn't have placed this as a suggestion here for certain.

Last edited:

UnkAsn93

System Name Mediocre
Processor AMD Athlon 64 3500+ @ 2.32GHz
Motherboard ECS RD480-A939
Cooling Stock AMD
Memory 512MB DDR400
Video Card(s) Nvidia GeForce4 MX4000 (going to get 2 3850's and crossfire soon)
Storage 160GB WD
Display(s) 20" Widescreen
Case Generic
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Powmax 450watt
Software XP Pro

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Audio Device(s) Onboard
@ Black Panther

Very well made argument: +1

UnkAsn93

System Name Mediocre
Processor AMD Athlon 64 3500+ @ 2.32GHz
Motherboard ECS RD480-A939
Cooling Stock AMD
Memory 512MB DDR400
Video Card(s) Nvidia GeForce4 MX4000 (going to get 2 3850's and crossfire soon)
Storage 160GB WD
Display(s) 20" Widescreen
Case Generic
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Powmax 450watt
Software XP Pro
+2

I can agree with it, and I think she makes great points!

This is where I don't agree. I can't understand where this potential system of enabling the OP to change the title of his thread can be abused?
I think I speak for all the staff when I say I don't understand how people manage to abuse anything you throw at them.

Also to make it clear, what I intended was that ONLY the OP would have the facility of changing the thread title.
After all, all members can edit their posts any time. No other normal member can edit another normal member's post, and the same should apply to the titles of the same post.
I'm aware of that part, otherwise I wouldn't even bother to give arguments.

Let's just list the advantages and disadvantages of this suggestion, including the most trivial and the most important (summed up from what everyone posted so far):

The Advantages:

1) The editing of mistakes in the title. These can be spelling mistakes (like the better/butter one) or other types of mistakes like those of omission or because the OP doesn't natively speak English or isn't well conversed on the topic like the rest of the members and he realises he didn't formulate the title correctly/professionally.

Like the scenario where one askes for advice on the 8800GTS and after pressing the 'submit' button he realises that he omitted to say whether it's the G80 or G92 version. Or he's a newbie who realises that there had been 2 versions of that card only after reading the first couple of replies to his post because he just didn't know before. Or someone who was sure he had an E4300 only to realise after logging in to the other computer that it was an E4400...
People who bother to correct thread titles already use decent titles. Titles that make the site look like a mess are made by people who won't bother to correct them in the first place.

The 8800 title is no issue, details like G80 or G92 are given in the description, not in the title. In the Netherlands basic education covers what should be in a title, introduction, body, etc. We learn to separate relevant things from irrelevant things. I'm not sure how this is in other countries but I consider this basic knowledge.

2) The impression this forum gives to a newbie who comes here off google.
This complements the first reason above. Many people come here because they have a hardware/software problem, use google and this site comes up amongst the search. The first thing he sees is the title of the threads....

Same as above, people making bad looking titles are the ones who don't bother to edit in the first place.
3) Sometimes even after careful thinking about how to formulate the title, the way the thread progresses makes it that ironically the title would be the only part of the thread which is "off topic" so to speak.
I bring this example - someone buys a new monitor, plugs it in, and the picture is mucked up. He makes a post about the monitor, the brand, its settings, going into details on ms, contrast ratio etc etc... A couple of posts later it surfaces that coincidentally the problem had been because the oc of his graphics card wasn't keeping up with the demands of the large monitor just purchased. What happens in such threads? Some members unfortunately just read the title, and give it a miss because they don't know much about monitors to give advice. They wouldn't know that the content inside the thread would have been discussion on the OP's graphic card. Or even worse, some people might read the title, and confident that they know the solution through personal experience might post advice on monitor settings/drivers etc without even realising that the problem had been the GPU all the way.
Not correct, apart from not understanding the function of a title (the title would contain image problems, not point at the cause, the monitor, unless this is already a fact) the discussion doesn't change the title. Even if someone tells you the cause is different, changing the title cause of that makes the thread unfindable. Since you'd change title 10 times in a discussion. Good luck finding your discussion every time the title changes.

4) The Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum.
In this case the OP can easily add to the title "SOLD" or "BOUGHT".

It will easily reduce confusion of having people asking about it, or having to read the whole thread to see what happened (which usually isn't done). Also it's a great benefit for members who have some hard-to-sell or hard-to-find item which has been in that forum for a couple of months because automatically people might think that since it's an "old" thread they just overlook it without bothering to post or pm the OP. And speaking of pm's it's very common that members don't know what happens in this particular forum since commonly transactions are finally carried out in private via pm.
Sure some OP's here might 'forget' to mark their thread appropriately, but this can hardly be classified as abuse since upon receiving such query they'd remember to amend the title so as not to be inundated by further queries for an item no longer available!

The trade forum is the only forum I would see more gains than trouble. On the other hand I would prefer a simple status button that changes the tag in front. Otherwise you get things like "but the title said 2GB before" Some user control is agreed upon though.

4) The moderators save some work.
I'm sure all of us respect their work, I have an inkling because I mod another (totally different genre of) forum. That's the reason why personally I don't send title change requests to our mods here because it can be quite a handful to deal with...
And to our mods, please don't expect us to be perfect. No one is perfect and it doesn't mean that if someone formulated a bad/misspelt title it automatically implies carelessness. We have members all over the world, ultimately all people interested in computers have the potential of finding their haven here. This includes people with ADHD who are impulsive and can't help it, and who might realise their mistakes later; people who are dyslexic but who otherwise are very knowlegeable... yet others who might not even be using their hands to control mouse and keyboard....
And to give a very trivial example on myself without pointing any fingers, lately I changed my mouse - I have to be extremely careful because I haven't got accustomed yet so as soon as I relax my hand on the thing I get the buttons pressed. That spells disaster if in the midst of a post I happen to have the pointer on the 'submit' button.
I think being dyslectic is the worst excuse you can give. First of all reading your post an additional time helps. Second SPELLCHECKER, they go totally nuts when reading certain peoples posts. Sure they don't make your English perfect, they take out most of the errors though. Plus, last time I checked being dyslectic didn't influence making crap sentences or using punctuation. Someone who is both dyslectic and knowledgeable wouldn't be spotted as being dyslectic for that reason.

5) Last but not least, trying this out isn't something irreversible which once done is done. A trial could be done - for a week, for a month, whatever.
It is actually, unless you feel like changing everything back manually.
The rest of us, who have friends here and a reputation
I don't, and I do but not a good one :)
who like to help and be helped in return, might find it a temptation to add a silly/funny tag anonymously to some thread maybe just for a quick joke.... but does anyone of you fathom any way how you can 'abuse' by changing a title of a thread which you yourself created and which everyone knows that only you have the power to change the title of?
First of all I'll refrain from giving people ideas, second even if you, me, Jesus and Superman can't come up with anything there are plenty of people here who make it their duty to be king of clowns, lord of giggles, prince of you get the point.
we'd still be neanderthals living in caves....
It's arrogant and ignorant to think we're past that. But that's a completely different discussion.
You know that anyone can edit their post - right now I can go and edit my 861 posts to display a direct link perhaps to some totally offensive or prohibited site or picture... and so can the rest of the 27,000+ members of TPU. But tell me how many members have abused their power to edit their posts so far???
Plenty, I can read anything you changed. You don't want to know what certain people manage to twist. Removing words from posts, changing the whole post all together and denying saying stuff.
Thank you for reading so far, those of you who made it! ;) Apologies for dehydration caused due to watering eyes...:)
I get paid by the hour.
Here's my conclusion
I don't want to appear as if I'm forcing the issue. This is something only for W1zzard and our moderators to decide because they pay for this site and work hard for its optimal performance, undoubtedly because this is one of the most flawless forums I've ever been in.
The cashflow is an interesting one yes.
But this was the reason why I didn't make it a poll in the first place because it wasn't my intention to put any pressure on the decision. It was not my insistence that a poll was created, though I am glad it was done since it better reflects the opinions here. For a similar reason I did not give any thanks to anyone's opinion.
Spread that message please. Nearly everyone makes a poll for everything. "do we need this" which makes everyone think the staff gives a damn about the outcome. Starting endless discussions about issues that aren't even considered. Discussing is fine, the polls are annoying. Same as with "which card is better" actually, oh I hate polls. En ook pools, maar dat is weer iets anders.

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Audio Device(s) Onboard
@ DanTheBanjoman

Very well made counter-argument: +1

System Name MASTER
Processor Core i7 3930k run at 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage IV extreme
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 4x4G kingston hyperx beast 2400mhz
Video Card(s) 2X EVGA GTX680
Storage 2X Crusial M4 256g raid0, 1TbWD g, 2x500 WD B
Display(s) Samsung 27' 1080P LED 3D monitior 2ms
Case CoolerMaster Chosmos II
Audio Device(s) Creative sound blaster X-FI Titanum champion,Creative speakers 7.1 T7900
Power Supply Corsair 1200i, Logitch G500 Mouse, headset Corsair vengeance 1500
Software Win7 64bit Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3d mark 2011: testing
Sure not everyone speaks fluent English, however the English used by some of our UK and US members is something to cry about. And leaving out punctuation is not an excuse when English isn't your native language. It's plain laziness, and if you're too lazy to write a decent sentence, why would anyone spend energy on helping you?
Basically someone who makes a 100 word sentence that could crash a spellcorrector says "I'm to lazy to do anything, you solve my problems. Don't expect any decent input for me"

do you meaning this site made for u.s and british people only

and the people who vote yes more than 88%

btarunr

Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Software Windows 11 Pro
do you meaning this site made for u.s and british people only

and the people who vote yes more than 88%

No, he didn't mean that. He meant that there was no excuse for people from the US/UK for not using proper English, it being their native language.

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
The older you get... the more effort you expend to resist change.

System Name Monolith
Processor Intel Xeon E3110 Wolfdale@3.5GHz
Motherboard MSI P35-Neo
Cooling Active Air
Memory 4GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 3850 512MB PCI-E
Storage 1 x 80GB Internal, 1 x 250GB Internal, 1 x 40GB External
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Generic black case with locking front bezel
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply 500 Watt Seasonic M12
Resistance to change isn't the issue hear. The staff that maintain this forum are not a bunch of eighty year olds wistfully dreaming of past glory. The simple fact here is we have our own opinions on how to effectively manage this forum and how best to continue its on going success and growth. This duty is ours alone, and we make all final decisions on any suggestions. No matter how vehement the support by a minority of members for any idea, it is up to us to decide if it is truly in the best interest of the forums based on our experiences. We simply can't, and won't, act on or support every idea that someone comes up with.

Not every user idea is a good idea, no matter how much the individual thinks it is. Does everyone remember TPU! Chat? So many people clamored to have it repaired and moved to a more visible location that poor W1zzard spent his time fixing it and making the changes that many suggested. They all said that if it was working it would be wonderful and everyone would use it. Less than a week later TPU! Chat was as deserted as a ghost town.

freaksavior

To infinity ... and beyond!
System Name ZeroUptime | M.A.S.S / MM1
Processor Xeon 2659 v3 / Xeon 2683 v4 / ARM A14
Motherboard Asus X99-E-10G WS / ASRock x99 usb 3.1 / Apple
Cooling NZXT Kraken / Noctua NH-L12 / Apple
Memory 16Gb DDR4 / 32Gb DDR4 / 16GB HBLM
Video Card(s) Powercooler ATI vega 64 / GT 7300 / ARM
Storage Samsung 970 512 Evo NVMe / A lot. / 256 + 512 External TB3
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 / Headless / Acer X34 Non predator
Case NZXT H630 |Rosewill 8bay 4u server chasiss / MMM1
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Onboard / Onboard
Power Supply Corais HX850 | Corsair TX750 / Internal 250w
Mouse g502 proteus core / Headless / g502 proteus core
Keyboard Corsair K95 Cherry Blue / Headless / K65 Cherry Red
Software Windows 10 / ESXI / Big Sur 11.2.2
i totally agree. im always pming a mod to edit my thread title.

so yes :)

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
@ BP ...I'm sorry if my opinion to add the pool has in any way undermined your intentions or original purpose.

My thought was just to make it very obvious where we as a whole(TPU) felt on helping/backing the cause.

Maybe adding spell check to the quick reply window would help correct people in their haste. I myself find that I don't use it enough , nor do I use the advanced posting window unless I'm editing!