• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Enhancement request: Clear sensor

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO Elite + EK D5 + EK 420 Rad, TT Toughfan 140x3, TT Toughfan 120x2, Arctic slim 120
Memory 32GB GSkill DDR4-3600 (F4-3600C16-8GVKC)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Radeon RX 7900XTX Gaming OC
Storage WDBlack SN850X 4TB, Samsung 950Pro 512GB, Samsung 850EVO 500GB, 6TB WDRed, 36TB NAS, 8TB Lancache
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z (1440P 144Hz, TN, Freesync) & 2x ASUS VE248
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Topping D50S + THX AAA 789, TH-X00 w/ V-Moda Boompro; 7Hz Timeless
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Sharkoon Fireglider optical
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro
As stated, it would be nice if the sensor menu included an option to clear that sensor's stored data (Min/Max/Avg) and continue monitoring.

Use scenario: On cards with PowerTune - setting a new overclock and monitoring the new average clockrate while under load. Ability to reset the stored value allows you to do this without closing and re-opening the application.

For myself, I have mismatched 290Xes (one factory overclocked, one reference, both under water). The reference card's clock flutters all over the place within 5-10Mhz where as the factory OC'd card is stable (difference only in reporting by the card, perhaps? Or maybe different PowerTune values due to an upgraded VRM?). Trying to find an overclock where the reference card's average core clock is equal to the factory OC'd card's "stock" clock, I set the sensor refresh to 0.1 seconds and let it run F@H for 10 minutes or so to see the resulting average. This requires closing out GPU-z and restarting it after any changes; it would be nice to be able to click the dropdown menu, and click "Clear stored values" or similar, ideally per-sensor.

I'm not sure whether it would be useful on the other sensors or not, but (depending on how the actual source code is structured), might as well enable that feature on all if you're going to do so on one. Whether or not this would or should affect logging is another matter. (i.e. does the logging only write current value? If not, I forsee that it could be a pain to implement a reset)

FWIW, I've tried disabling and re-enabling the sensor to see if that had the desired result, but after being re-enabled, the sensor's AVG reads "1.$". The minimum and max behave as expected. GPU-z 0.8.1