1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EVGA Z77 Stinger Mini-ITX Motherboard Goes on Sale

Discussion in 'News' started by Cristian_25H, Nov 20, 2012.

1. wrathchild_67

Thanks Received:
    You were just unlucky. I can run my 2500K at 5GHz on the Asrock Z77 mini-ITX and notice no coil whine.
  2. XL-R8R

XL-R8R

Thanks Received:
  3. Vlada011

Vlada011

Thanks Received:

Because EVGA fans love overkill, mainstream is shop near and there you can find tablets, notebooks, external hdd, dvd-rw, asus, dell, lg, samsung all on one place, our look is different.
  4. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Considering the Asus boards have a better phase design cost the same and include wireless... No this isn't overkill this is an overpriced foxconn board like 90% of what EVGA sells. I have been there done that and owned a good number of EVGA boards. They are not the end all. They are gimmick boards that people pay way to much for to stuff into little money pits to look cool.
  5. Vlada011

Vlada011

Thanks Received:
    And why is price so high, look that on this way HUNDAI and Jaguar are not same but you can drive both.
    Who don't understand never mind.
  6. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    I understand that they are selling a Hyundai acting like it is a Jaguar. Maybe you don't understand since your judgement is clouded by your EVGA board. You own a motherboard partially designed by EVGA and completely built by children in Foxconn city.
  7. Vlada011

Vlada011

Thanks Received:
    Then no problems to ASUS make once some beautifull board, but they make ugly, why I feel different than and happy only when look and buy EVGA hardware, and why always with ROG inside PC I wish EVGA, maybe their designers are better, who care, one is ugly other is beautiful on both I can max with IB.
  8. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Not according to HWBOT you cannot the top 5 clocking boards with IB are the Asus MV series, Asrock Z77 OC and a GB Z77-UD3H. EVGA didn't even make the top 10 with the 3570K or 3770K.
  9. Vlada011

Vlada011

Thanks Received:
    I thought on that way and didn't feel OK, but I can't OC my IB on Maximus 5 better than on EVGA, and for me is only that important and design of hardware. I don't like east design and I see that in ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI, ASrock, I will not pay that any more I say that before two years and no more.... everything works and that's it. I can buy nice hardware not ugly, other can do what they want.
    I don't need guys from China or Taipei or anywhere 5000 km far from me say that is good and that hold record if I look craps every morning.
    Every day I believe less and less in that reviews and what people say.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  10. HumanSmoke

HumanSmoke

Thanks Received:
    Since we seem to have got off topic, into the thrashdown of EVGA in general, I can't say I've had too many issues with EVGA boards in general (680i*, 750i FTW, 790U, and X58). EVGA might not as cutting edge as they once were since a chunk of their mobo guys went to Sapphire, but they still have my respect for their support, timely BIOS updating, and the fact that they don't cheat on default settings to top the review charts- unlike Asus - both their euphemistically named "support" and the all-core turbo, rather than the Intel Turbo guideline ( dropping a speed bin for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th core).

Can't say I've ever had an issue with EVGA that wasn't tended to tout de suite by Jacob or the other EVGA guys. Can't say the same about Asus, Gigabyte, or MSI- Getting a straight answer inside a week or two counts as a minor miracle in some cases.

* Reference board, but EVGA spent a damn sight more time and effort keeping their board updated than XFX, Biostar, Albatron etc.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  11. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Depends on personal taste. Most people have zero complaints with the look of Asus. A lot of people have complaints with the performance on EVGA motherboards....
  12. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    You mean like all Evga boards haha!
  13. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    Yea I didn't want to go that far. :laugh: I haven't owned all of them just some of the older high end boards...
  14. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Ive owned 680i, Evga x58, and Evga x58 Classified and all the BIOS were trash! Only memory that ever wanted to work with the boards were Corsair which was lame. The Classified was probably the most unstable board ive ever used too. RMA'ed that PoS twice.
  15. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    I went through 7 of their 780i boards before I got one that would post. Ended up with the RMA folks extension and when the board showed up I would call because none of the stupid things worked. Luckily they had no issues cross shipping me more and more boards...