1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Experience with Samsung LCD HDTVs?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by proletariandan, Oct 13, 2008.

1. proletariandan

Jan 27, 2009
    475 (0.19/day)
    Thanks Received:
    Looking to pick up a HDTV before this Ebay/MS 30% Cashback expires - anyone have any experiences with Samsung or other recommendations?
  2. BrooksyX

Jan 7, 2008
    3,947 (1.40/day)
    Thanks Received:
    In my opinion Samsung is probably the #1 in LCD TV right now. They all have really good contrast ratio's and the picture is just amazing. The price isn't that bad on there mid range models too (Good luck finding a good deal on a 750 series though, best TV on the market!!!).

I would recommend looking into the Samsung 550 or 530 series. Both are really great and have good prices.

Sony is obviously pretty good but their low end models are garbage and the High end ones are just too expensive. You can get a better Samsung for much cheaper.

I do like Vizio as well. Not the best picture quality but for the price its pretty damn good. My 32" Vizio LCD was only $500 at costco. I would say it is only a few steps behind the Samsung 330 32" which was $200 more at the time of purchase.

Anyways I would definitely go with samsung, I sold TVs for almost a year and I couldn't say enough good things about the brand.
  3. Irish_PXzyan

Oct 30, 2006
    2,531 (0.78/day)
    Thanks Received:
    Republic Of Ireland
    I have a 40" HDTV SAMSUNG and its a real beauty! Bought it last year for 1200 Euros with 1900x1200 res and 1080P and 10000:1 contrast ratio and I love it! Blu-ray movies look incredible on it and playing the PS3 on HD is breath taking!

I love samsung! everything I buy from them works perfectly and I am never disappointed.
  4. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Jan 24, 2006
    9,365 (2.64/day)
    Thanks Received:
    Samsung makes the best LCD on the market period. Not even LG can compare, very top quality.