1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Far Cry 3 - Island Survival Guide

Discussion in 'Games' started by natr0n, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I meant GPU drivers, and as Mussels has said, there's been 5 beta drivers released since 13.1 WHQL, and most have fixes specifically for Far Cry 3.
  2. jaggerwild

jaggerwild New Member

Thanks Received:
    Though Im playing on XP with almost year old drivers, when I open the camera to scoop stuff I see anomalies like little stars in the distance. Kinda like points of interest, the go away if I move.
  3. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    That's just the game, I see them too, and I've seen them in people's videos. Only thing I can figure is they must be intended as reflections of some kind.
  4. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    I meant i had the latest stable drivers not beta. So you think the beta ones are worth getting do you?
    I know the application profiles had fixes specifically for far cry 3's aa issues.

:toast:
  5. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    Thats fair enough..However looking here http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst132BetaDriver.aspx
    it seems that it only has some fixes when running fc3 at 2560x1600 with 8xAA..doesnt it? :confused:
  6. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    It's still a Far Cry 3 fix, and most if not all the other ones for FC3 were not specifically high res solutions. So please, don't get nit picky with people that are actually trying to help you. It tends to make some feel it's a pointless venture. :rolleyes:
  7. Henry New Member

Thanks Received:
    Looking good, wish I never sold FC3 now haha. Was a good game!
  8. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Any reason why all of your five posts are in bold type?
  9. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    to expand on the bold type thing, its not exactly going to make people cry or anything, but its considered impolite so its generally frowned upon in the forums.
    HammerON says thanks.
  10. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Yeah bold is for highlighting specific things. When you make every entire post bold, it kinda defeats it's purpose, just like all caps.

I had to tell a guy on one forum the other day that his all blue large fonts were not easier but impossible to read on the black background of the forum he was posting them on. I actually had to highlight everything with the mouse just to read it.
  11. jaggerwild

jaggerwild New Member

Thanks Received:
    He may be at work when he posts as many companies have a caps lock when postings outside there servers...........
    On a seperate note, im 2/3 through my second run of this game. I got to where the russian guy says there's no turning back so I exited that part, and Im garthering Relic's as I want to see if there is some kinda of reward for getting them all(plus I got a lot of time to waste). I have about 80 something of the 120 total, many r hidden in under ground caves and some require you to dive under water to get to the cave.....
    Im having a blast even if its in XP!
  12. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    @jagger,
    It was in reference to bolded type, not caps.

If you're referring to Sam, he's German, not Russian.

I gave up searching for some of the relics at first, then I got better at finding them via little map features.

The ARM Signature sniper rifle unlocks after 20 relics, but I'm not sure if there's a reward for getting them all, I never have.
  13. jaggerwild

jaggerwild New Member

Thanks Received:
    I see about the type,I was close!!!

Im at 115 of 120 like you said I found the map tweaks which makes finding them a lot eaiser. Unless the high light decides to stop working when you get close. Some r very easy, so far I got untouchable sringe, and exrtta killing power plus I have 120 rutsack spots or whateva they call it.
    Soon Ill head to my last missions, and have more input.....
  14. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    The expression "Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades" comes to mind. LOL
  15. jaggerwild

jaggerwild New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ahhhh
    Finally someone with a sence of humor! Ill stick to this section as apperently I know nothing of Amp's , and voltage......(more humor).
    OK first Ill correct my other post as the slot in my rutsack are 96 not 120 as I reported. I have 118 of the total 120 relic's and I can not for the life of me find the last two, I think there hidden by other Icon's on the map.
    I also notice that the A.I. come after me much faster now as they seem to also elevate there game according to mine.
    So far I noticed I have "TOUCH Of DEATH" and "UNTOUCHABLE" in the sirenge witch are added when im not sure but I wanted to add that incase someone reads this..........
    Thanks for the Humor!!!!
  16. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    I never saw an interest in getting ALL the relics, but I do know the tactics to use. Try marking then exploring small black features near a marked relic or just any you think you haven't explored if you see no relic icon showing. They are usually small cave openings. Also try checking smalls pools of water, they sometimes have underwater caves openings.
  17. jaggerwild

jaggerwild New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey Frag

10 Relics= Signature Weapon BULL/ M133 shotgun

20 Relics=AMR

30 Relics=Untouchable

40 Relics=Touch Of Death (TOD)

60 Relics= Ill up date and clean this up as my 20 crack phone sucks for cruzing the net......

NOTE: you should collect the #1 spider relic ASAP, as it is NOT on the Map and is only visible UNTIL you deal with VAAS at witch time a invisible wall goes up in front of it.
    You can find the #1 Relic in the cave under Dr. Earnhearts Mansion. Near water, on the same side with the boat that Jason's friends try to repair, is a boat wreck. Climbing near it player,s enter a new area, in there on the left side you will find #1 Spider Relic.....Also there is a Black Bear in the cave so be ready to fend him off

Ill update this latter from my desk top computer....
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013