1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

First screen shots of NFS Most Wanted 2012

Discussion in 'Games' started by mafia97, Jun 1, 2012.

1. mafia97

mafia97

Thanks Received:
    sttubs says thanks.
  2. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    Whether I like it or not correlates directly with whether or not it is Underground 3.

I see it is not Underground 3.

3. arnoo1

Thanks Received:
    I want underground 3, no police pure driving and alot of parts to put on card, and some realistisch driving!!!

4. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    It's always hard to tell how good a game is going to look when in the early stages of production, especially if they don't stipulate whether they're showing actual in-game screen shots, or pre production scenes that could be uncompressed and too big for final release. Then there's console vs PC versions.

Personally I'm not liking that they're having Criterion develop this game.

5. mtosev

mtosev New Member

Thanks Received:
    that looks nice:):)

6. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
    Criterion's NFS Hot Pursuit was good game. I still play it occaisonally. A new Burnout Paradise sequel would be even better.

Cheeseball, _JP_ and BumbleBee say thanks.
  7. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    I hope it will drive like the Hot Pursuit 2010. Because car control in that game was fantastic. Not realistic at all but so much freakin fun to drive. And to master the drifting and sliding requires loads of driving hours to perfect. We also don't have to worry about graphics because i think EA will be using Frostbite engine in all their future games.

8. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    When has NFS ever had realistic driving?

9. mtosev

mtosev New Member

Thanks Received:
    Porsche Unleashed?

Completely Bonkers and _JP_ say thanks.
  10. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Thanks Received:
    NY, the state were you cant defend yourself
    Agreed, I loathed the 2010 release of Hot Pursuit.

FordGT90Concept says thanks.
  11. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I'm not going to prejudge. I'll let the game itself do the talking. If Criterion can harrness what made Most Wanted exceptional (r!cing 100% optional, black list, fun challenges/side jobs, good AI, intimidating cops), it will be a great game. If they cannot, it will be miserable.

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. Yo_Wattup New Member

Thanks Received:
    I liked NFS underground and underground 2 more for the car selection. These days every game has buggatti veyrons and lamborghinis but nfsu2's fastest cars were skylines and mitsubishi lancers and stuff like that.... cars for real people... cars that when you upgrade tthem, you go, damn i want this car in real life!

nfsu1 was the first time Id ever seen a hondas s2000 and ive wanted one ever since, especially after driving one...

13. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    On second thought, I might like it if I can still shove SUVs off the road in my Impreza.

The Von Matrices says thanks.
  14. bmaverick

bmaverick

Thanks Received:
    What got me hooked on NFS was the ability to mod the car in a garage, paint it and detail it. When I was very little, my bother had a 486 computer with a game called Hot-Wheels. It came on a CD on the front of a cereal box. That game really allowed you to mod the car for looks and performance. That was the nice part. The racing was very cheesy using the arrow keys. haha

NFS caught my interest at first because of the Hot Wheels game connection. Howbeit that the arrow keys were optional in NFS. ;)

Great game for both. Indeed like the ability to mod cars that are practical to own in a life time too! :)

15. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Who cares about riced up ordinary cars. I can drive damn Hondas and Toyotas every day. I don't think i'll be ever able to even sit inside Bugatti Veyron, Koenigsegg CCX R or Ferrari 458, let alone drive it.
    Besides, supercars were the reason NFS series even exist. The only reason ricing exists was the Fast and Furious movie. Nothing else. I liked the customization but then again picking just a car color is enough for me. I don't want silly spinners and other garbage on my car.

The reason why customization worked in original NFS Most Wanted is because it was optional and in 99% of cases all i did to my cars was to make them slightly lower and add sideskirts and slightly lower bumpers. And because despite all the crappy ordinary cars, you could still pick up beautiful Aston Martins, mental Lambos and Porsches...

16. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    If the car physics are even worse than before I am not going to buy it.
    NFSMW 05 had relatively decent physics and then it started to all go down hill.

17. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Criterion is the best when it comes to arcade racing. Criterion games have a great sense of speed and damage physics. Most Wanted 2 will probably use the Frostbite engine.

_JP_ says thanks.
  18. Protagonist

Protagonist

Thanks Received:
    Wooooooo :cool::):cool: when is it coming out???

19. Protagonist

Protagonist

Thanks Received:
    ^

20. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Actually Carbon had good driving model as well. Especially because of wast difference in handling between tuners, exotics and muscle cars... Quite similar to NFS The Run actually.

21. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    I agree.

I was going to change the sentence to say Carbon as the last but I was so lazy at the time I couldn't even be bothered going back to changing NFSMW 05 to Carbon.

As what actually put me off the NFS series was Pro Street.
    Driving on invisible Rails anyone?

22. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
  23. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Apparently i'll be buying NFS game every other year, skipping BlackBox's garbage and support Criterion's work. NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 was a bit buggy and flawed but the single player Auto Log was quite fun and challenging and multiplayer, despite few limitations was great fun.
    Which i cannot say for the idiotic retarded The Run which has absolutely dumb multiplayer.
    First some idiot thought it would be smart sticking 99% of achievements to online events. Well i rarely have friends online, but they forced me to add some random ppl just so i can get new cars. Stupid. Lobby is useless, you have to listen to some ppl farting and talking in foreign languages you don't even understand with NO way of turning that off, you get 30 seconds to pick a car and it's bodykit instead of doing that the entire friggin time you're waiting in a lobby (not to mention loading of bodykit view takes 5 seconds on high end system so you often don't even have enough time to select what you really want). And you simply cannot start a multiplayer game without starting in the middle of the race which means you can basically kiss goodbye a high winning ratio if there s just no physically possible way of winning because you just don't have enough points. And there are bunch of other stupid things i totally hate about The Run. Only good thing are the graphics and the way how you experience the continental race through different environments. They even managed to fuck up the sound which for me is a No.1 thing in racing games. You drive a muscle car, accelerate and instead of roaring engine it makes it less noisy? Which 7.2L V8 gets less noisy with 5k+ RPM !?

Seriously EA, if you want to make a game revolving around multiplayer, then fuckin support it properly (i wonder why they can do that for Battlefield 3 but not for NFS series). The Run hasn't got any bug fix since it's release half a year ago which is just not acceptable despite the fact its loaded with bugs, flaws and just lacking options (like that friggin option to turn of voices of other ppl). Just don't wonder why ppl prefer to steal your work instead.

I really hope new Most Wanted will be different, but considering how EA is behaving lately i have less and less trust in their work and their company ethics. Taking a full price and delivering a broken game that never gets any updates is just wrong and it crossed my mind few times after i raged at all the The Run idiotic stuff, to just steal the next game and not even bother supporting them. They don't seem to give any damn shit about me either so why should i be any different?
    Or i'll just wait till the price drops to near zero and buy it then. I frankly don't care if i play it a year or two later but they won't get my money from it.

24. Huddo93

Huddo93 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I really want the NFS franchise to bring back the open world street racing back. My favourite NFS' have always been Most Wanted, Underground 1 and 2. Was really dissapointed when it started going for non customizable cars and no open world racing/cops.

Really do hope this somewhat lives up to my expectations :)

25. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received: