1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Flash crashes my computer

Discussion in 'General Software' started by docket, Aug 8, 2014.

1. docket New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've had this problem for a few weeks now. Each time i watch Flash video my video card overheats and computer crashes without blue screen. I have tried to take hardware acceleration off and on but it wont help. I have latest Flash installed and working. I also have beta drivers for my ATI 6970 card. Having beta or official drivers won't do difference, i still have crashes. It also does not have any difference what browser i'm using. (Internet explorer, Firefox, Opera or Chrome). Youtube videos also chrash this computer. I don't have any problems watching .AVI or Xvid videos, video card temperatures stay about 60 to 70 celcius. Only problem i have has something to do with Flash. I have Windows 7, Q9550, 4 GB of DDR2-800.

2. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    60 - 70 degrees idle, or fully loaded(with flash)?

docket says thanks.
  3. docket New Member

Thanks Received:
    60 - 70 degrees idle, 108 degrees fully loaded with Flash.

4. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Flash isn't your problem. 60-70 degrees idle GPU is your problem. Clean that thing, and consider repasting it. Soon.

It should be more like 45 degrees idle. Loaded, no more than 85 degrees.

5. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    i am surprised it got to 108c, anyways as Rcoon said it's way to high so check if the cooler on the cards seated right and has some fresh thermal paste on it like MX-2. You could all so check the cooler to make sure there is no dust is blocking the air flow.

What are the VRM temps like ?, check with GPU-Z if your not already

Some thing else you can do is to make sure the case is allowing enough air to the card.

My 6970 was ok until 93c.

You should post your system spec's too as this will all so help others to help you faster.. All so if your cards getting that hot how is every thing else in the system ?. And if it's been a while since the systems been built a lot of people forget to clean the PSU so if it's been some time now since time to pick up some compressed air ( none scented ) and turn the system of by the plug and give it a blast.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  6. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    btw you could try portable version of chrome, just to check maybe your current browser has any err

7. docket New Member

Thanks Received:
    I opened the card, cleansed it, put some thermal paste and problem is gone. Thank you.