1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

force3d company from Hong Kong. bad? ok? or good?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by HiddenStupid, Jan 28, 2009.

1. HiddenStupid New Member

Thanks Received:
    just found out about this company making ati/amd cards. the name is force3d. i never heard it before so have a check and found out its a hong kong company. i heard that anything from china inlcuding hong kong is cheap quality or either a fake.. bootleg ect..

http://www.force3d.com/contact.htm

do you trust this company? what you think? bad? ok? or good? i dont want to take risk.... maybe defect after a week like i have experience from headphone from hong kong after less than 2 days and defect.

if anyone have experience their cards plz share. i might buy their card. their price looks cheap and tempting though.

and is theres such 3850 that is 128bit interface?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  2. elixxx New Member

Thanks Received:
  3. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    ask them who they sell the cards thru because i cant find anything on them.

4. HiddenStupid New Member

Thanks Received:
    "Force3D is a Hong Kong based company that opened it's doors earlier this year"

ahh so its a new company no wonder i dont recognize.

5. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    well just to let you in on a Secret, Sapphire is based out of HongKong, I had 1 card die within 3 days from buying from Tigerdirect that i requested RMA and the next day i got the info and replied with what i had and gave me the Request form and then i shipped it off to the Company in the US that handles Distrubution/Shipping to HK, took a few weeks, but i got a new board from Sapphire and it works perfectly, so im thinking most Etailers they arent treating the hardware like a newborn child so to speak.

6. HiddenStupid New Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  7. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    well AFAIK all 3850 cards were 256bit, can anyone confirm this?

8. inf3rno

inf3rno

Thanks Received:
    I bought a Force3d HD4850 last September. The card looked attractive to me because of its cooler from Arctic Cooling. The other card HIS HD4850 was with reference cooler so i preferred the Force3d one. After I installed the card into my PC everything went fine. After half hour of using the system did not show anything on screen and sound got a loop sound as it is in halt state.

I tried everything, every game but in vain. I made my contact to the company support center, and my retailer. Company support made me feel that when you pay, You don't just pay for the product but also for after sales support and they proved this when their reply came after 25 days. The retailer was not very cooperative but the company should have been.

I changed my PSU which cost me 100$ and exchanged my RAMs sticks but nothing gonna show up. When I replied to the support center they told me to do everything I have done before. I asked them to help further and again there was long wait.

I just asked to the retailer and claim the card as a defected one and request him to replace the brand.

I paid 25$ more for HIS ICEQ4 4850 but this thing rocks. So beware of accidents like these. I don't say they are not good company but the samples given to reviewers are in my opinion are the fully checked.

And all 3850 cards are 256bit.
    I