1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Front Page Threads...help?

Discussion in 'Comments & Feedback' started by EastCoasthandle, May 16, 2009.

1. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have noticed a problem that happens every now and then. I don't know what causes it but I cannot fix it on my end. I've cleared cache, logged in, logged off, etc and it still pops up. The best way to descibe the problem is show you:

As you can see I get a condensed version (or whatever you want to call it) of the thread. It removes user's avatars, thank you button, report button, etc.

I can go into another thread and everything is fine. Is there way to fix this?

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  2. alexp999

alexp999 Staff

Thanks Received:
    Thats normal, you are seeing the thread as comments to a news article, as opposed to a forum thread.

If you click read more or the article title it takes you to that articles own page as part of the front page, and shows posts as comments, like I said above

To get to the forum view, click the discuss button on the front page, or find it either in the News Posts list on the index page of the forums, or the News Sub-forum

EastCoasthandle says thanks.
  3. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would just click on the article title itself and that would happen. Good to know thanks.