1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GAINWARD RADEON HD 4870 1gb gs vrm temp

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by WojtasRed, Apr 14, 2009.

1. WojtasRed

WojtasRed

Thanks Received:
    Is GAINWARD RADEON HD 4870 1gb gs VRM temperature extremely hisgh?

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Are you asking a question for someone who has the card, or are your temps really high?

3. WojtasRed

WojtasRed

Thanks Received:
    I wanna buy this card but I`ve heard this card`s vrm temperature goes very high on load and that could be dangerous. Is that true?

4. technicks

technicks

Thanks Received:
    I have read quit a few stories about those Gainward cards dying from excessive heat. Cause they run the mem stock @ 1000Mhz i believe. So they get hot as hell.

A month ago i was also in the market for a HD4870 1Gb and i went for the Sapphire with red pcb but i 2 times over i got the blue one with the black cooler and decided to keep it the second time.

Today i removed the Scythe Musashi from the card cause i was not happy with it. Looks nice but lacks at the cooling part. Put the stock cooler back on with fan @ 50% and it cools better the the Scythe.

I can oc this card to 840 on the core and 1100Mhz on the mem. Without voltage modding or flashing the card.

5. WojtasRed

WojtasRed

Thanks Received:
    Could you post here any link leading to info about `Gainward`s heat problems`?