• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

game burn out

System Name My first new build
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard MSI B450M mortar max
Cooling Deepcool AK620
Memory 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200@XMP3200
Video Card(s) Sapphire 6900XT Toxic Air Cooled
Storage Samsung 870 QVO 1TB x 2, Lexar 256 GB, Western Digital SN550 500 GB nvme
Display(s) 32" LG GN600
Case Aerocool Eclipse
Audio Device(s) Logitech G PRO X/Edifier M201BT
Power Supply MSI MPG AGF 850 watt gold
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Redragon Vara K551P
Software Windows 11
I am not sure Forza is running like ass for some people, like you, I love this game :)
Like I used to say many years ago, it's car-crack. :D

System Name p.c.
Processor AMD 3000g
Motherboard asus A320 prime
Cooling air
Memory ddr 4 / 16 gig 2400 mhz
Video Card(s) 1060 gtx 6 gig
Storage m.2 512 / 2 x 1 gig hd drives
Display(s) 17 vga
Power Supply 650 w 48 amps on 12 volt rail
Software win 11 home
Thanks for all the interesting posts about this topic people i thought it was just me having some midlife crisis.
I dont fell so left out now mite be like some have said most games are buggy or just broken its frustrating,
From the old school days gaming on likes home computers and arcades where games where so simple and fun.
I still love old retro games but some times playing them i fell old.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer XV273K 4K120 + Lenovo L32p-30 4K60
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
I have that feeling from time to time, though now I'm into gaming again and played three games from start to finish in the last month. Been a gamer since the early 90s.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
Your brain gets used to anything - if you overdo any one thing (music, adrenaline sports, movies, adult movies, comedy, games, drinking, drugs etc.) the amount of chemicals it excretes to make you more happy diminishes and you have to get more and more stimulus - like was said before, stop or just switch to something else for a time, and then you will relaps-' er... enjoy games again!

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Almost 40 and Ive probably been in the same boat since as you since my early 30s. We all chase those things that we loved in our younger days but we sooner or later come to realise that the longer we hold on to that feeling of nostalgia, the more jaded we become.

We all hope that the next game in the franchise will give us the same feelings we had when first playing or discovering it but it never works out that way and it will never work out that way because everything evolves. People come and go. Games evolve. People and their tastes evolve and the bank accounts of the executives who are sitting at the highest tables of the publishing company also needs to evolve although they may claim that the latter is more important then making a good game.

Ive poured enough money into outdoor hobbies away from gaming in the last 4-5 years that I could have built myself a pretty beefy super computer or multiple pretty powerful machines. But here I am still rocking my 8600k. I put a tonne of money into my fishing and cycling hobbies and a new computer was the last thing on the list that needed doing and will get done eventually in good time.

Think of it as you being in the right place at the right time to experience something that was truly awesome like your first girlfriend that you fell head heels for. You were at the right place at the right time. hopefully made a lot of happy memories and experiences but shes long gone and you cant keep holding onto that feeling of her like shes suddenly going to turn around and make your life great again the same way that it was all them decades ago. Gaming is very much the same - at least to me.

In my case I am slightly lucky. I made a lot of friends online while gaming back when i was in my late teens/early 20s. While a majority of them have faded into the abyss. I am very much still friends and in contact with a small handful of them today and even meet up for bbqs and drinks occasionally. Im very lucky to have who I still have and the dumbest thing is we still call each other by our ingame name/handle even though we havent played that game or been in the same game as each other for a decade or maybe even longer.

When we meet up we all sit around a fire pit drinking rum and whisky, reminisce and laugh about silly stuff we did in games and I am very content with that. Ive done my Call of duties, my battlefields, my mmo-rpg pvp's and this is how my story ends.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
Hello all im 49 years old been playing games from day one 42 years now.
im starting to get game burn out in my life i just find most games are dull or all just fell and look the same
Over the years iv played when new games come out im never excited about them at all.

any one fell like this or is it just me in old age ?
thoughts
Games are boring. About as boring as most of the people on this forums.

It ain't just you old man. I'm feeling it too.

Processor E5-2690 v4
Motherboard VEINEDA X99
Video Card(s) 2080 Ti WINDFROCE OC
Storage NE-512 KingSpec
Display(s) G27Q
Case DAOTECH X9
Power Supply SF450
getting old eh. even people that have everything end up asphyxiated on door knobs for exactly that reason.
they can't reach the next level when it's simply just nirvana, becoming addicted and then non-addicted and free..
and whats with the 17"cathode ray. your brain is prolly getting cooked. a bigger screen 27" could make a difference.

System Name Ultima
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard MSI Mag B550M Mortar
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 rev4 w/ Ryzen offset mount
Memory G.SKill Ripjaws V 2x16GB DDR4 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB Gen4, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB , 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD sata,
Display(s) ASUS TUF VG249Q3A 24" 1080p 165-180Hz VRR
Case DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200 Audio/Nvidia HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM650
Mouse Rog Strix Impact 3 Wireless | Wacom Intuos CTH-480
Keyboard A4Tech B314 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro
After i got my 4070 testing and finished a bunch of backlogs, and recently cyberpunk phantom liberty, i got burned out. Luckily my other hobby, cycling is here to save me.
1698193882075.png

im starting to get game burn out in my life i just find most games are dull or all just fell and look the same
Over the years iv played when new games come out im never excited about them at all.

thoughts
same man im 18 im starting to feel games boring like a lot

xu^

System Name Mr_average ( hoping 1 day to upgrade to Mr_above_average )
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700x @3.4ghz/4.6ghz
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Cooling Deepcool AS-500 Plus - White | 6 Lian Li ST120mm case fans - White
Memory 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 4x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 - White
Video Card(s) Asus Dual GeForce RTX 4070 12GB OC
Storage 512gb Sabrent Nvme | 4tb Samsung SSD | 2tb WD Blue SSD| 1tb Crucial P3 Nvme| 1tb WD Blue HDD = 8.5tb
Display(s) D1: LG Ultragear GL850-B 27" 1440p 144hz | D2: Asus Tuf - VG249 24" 1080p 144hz
Case Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh RGB - White
Audio Device(s) Creative Gigaworks T20 Series II | Steelseries Arctis 3 Headset - White
Power Supply Corsair TX650M Semi Modular 80+ Gold
Mouse Red Dragon M991 - White
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Forza is one of the newer games that got me interested again, love it, runs pretty good as well.

Also played Quake 2 on and off since it released in late 90s, thanks to the remaster it recently got, its busy online again, and im pulling off mid air railshots like its 1999 again :D
Always been into RTS games, so AOE2 and now AOE4 have helped as well.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
getting old eh. even people that have everything end up asphyxiated on door knobs for exactly that reason.
they can't reach the next level when it's simply just nirvana, becoming addicted and then non-addicted and free..
and whats with the 17"cathode ray. your brain is prolly getting cooked. a bigger screen 27" could make a difference.
I am no David Carradine

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
I have been playing PC games heavily since I was 9, now I'm 36 with wife&kid but still play alot :D. Definitely not game burnt out yet, but sometimes pesky life/work responsibilities really do hamper my gaming enjoyment. Recently got a 2 weeks vacation so I was able to enjoy Baldur's Gate 3, so there is that.

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10

thoughts

The most important thing to remember with games is that if you aren't having fun, don't force yourself to play. The unfortunate part of getting older is that it becomes harder and harder to have a novel experience where you don't recognize a story element or game system that hasn't drawn on something you are familiar with. The only thing you can do on your end is prioritize what you do find enjoyment in and when you do actually see a game that's good enough to pique your interest it will be all the more sweeter.

]Eh, I need more money for food so I could actually gain mass. Currently, any athletics cause noticeable weight loss because I can't compensate it with enough food thanks to ridiculously fast metabolism. And I can't say I'm fat so this doesn't make me happy about it.

Any advice? What is cheap and helps staying close to 200 lbs?

The safest way to add mass is to find a clean protein powder (No added sugar, no chocolate, no BS, just protein). Eating more meat usually comes with downsides and the additional bulk can cause problems for some people's digestive systems. I only know one bodybuilder and they eat their meat plain and also supplement with protein powder but not any of the other supplements (like Creatine, which studies show supplementation has a very minor impact if any on performance).

Studies have shown that the maximum protein intake that shows benefits to muscle gain is 2.5 grams of protein per kg of body weight. For a 170 pound person that's 192 grams of protein per day. Just for reference there's 43g of protein in a single chicken breast. That's the max targeted at body builders though, you can still see good gains at 1.5 grams per kg, which is good for someone moderately exercising. Also of note, most nutritionists will recommend splitting your protein intake up as evenly as possible throughout the day as it helps absorption (bacon and sausage though for breakfast is not a good idea as the fat will leave you feeling sluggish).

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
all in moderation, do other things as well, give tech and gaming a detox and come back...

Reactions: N/A
You should try flight sims like DCS World or MS Flight Simulator, they take a lot of time to master and cost a lot of money :D Also the Total War series, i have over 3000 hours in the Warhammer trilogy, and i took a break since July this year so that i can catch up on my backlog of games. CP 2077 is next on my list.

System Name Desktop/HTPC
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi ITX
Cooling ID Cooling DashFlow 240mm AIO
Memory 64GB (2x32) G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600 CL18
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB
Storage 4TB WD SN850X NVMe, 2TB WD SN850X NVMe
Display(s) LG OLED65B9PUA 65" 4K OLED TV
Case Lian Li x Dan A4-H20
Audio Device(s) USB to MiniDSP DDRC24 DAC, RCA to SUMO Andromeda amp, wired to Wharfedale SP88 speakers
Power Supply Silverstone SX1000R SFX-L Platinum ATX 3.0
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Corsair K65 RGB Mini
VR HMD Oculus Rift / PSVR / PSVR2 / Lenovo Explorer
Software Windows 11 Pro
It's not just you - everything is kind of shit now. More flash, sure, but no real improvement in substance. I think for a while there things were getting so much better looking so fast that it was easier to overlook just how empty and repetitive most games had become - now graphics improvements seem to have hit a wall (unless you have $3000+ to spend on absolute top end hardware, and even then) and the cracks are showing again.

Or maybe that's not the real problem, and you're just depressed at the state of the world, like me.

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2

thoughts

Well, I'm 65, but I only started gaming when original Deus Ex came out. I also only play select genres that interest me. I DO sometimes feel that some games are a bit too predictable, but I find it helps to choose games that have diverse environments and missions, and mix up the types of games I play, vs playing similar types one after the other for months on end.

I also find it's essential that gaming is NOT your only entertainment activity. Even if you just use movies, sports, and other TV shows to mix things up, regularly spending all or most of so much as one day a week doing THAT vs gaming, can make a big difference. It's even better to spend time outdoors walking, even just to get groceries, or take the dog to the park. Too much time indoors sitting in front of screens ITSELF can cause burnout.

Also, DO NOT play uber late and let yourself miss meals and hydration. That only hits you hard the next day or two, and can cause you to have a dread feeling that gaming is not fun. I know a lot of these are common sense things, but trust me, they matter, and when you get my age, you feel it all the more when you don't take necessary breaks.

Last edited:
I think for a while there things were getting so much better looking so fast that it was easier to overlook just how empty and repetitive most games had become
For me it's the repetitiveness. While graphics are awesome compared to the likes of DOOM on DOS the actual gameplay is SoS. Some people can handle repetitiveness much better than others I guess.

Processor Intel i7 77OOK
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus something
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S dual fan
Memory Ballistix 32 Go
Video Card(s) MSI 3060 Gaming X
Storage Mixed bag of M2 SSD and SATA SSD
Display(s) MSI 34" 3440x1440 Artimys 343CQR
Case Old Corsair Obsidian something
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Old Antec HCG 620 still running good
Mouse Steelseries something
Keyboard Steelseries someting too
Benchmark Scores bench ? no time to lose with bench ! :)
From the old school days gaming on likes home computers and arcades where games where so simple and fun.
So, you still love games :)
I don't spite on new games, but these days, I play many olders games (Quake, F.E.A.R, Legacy of Kain, Shining Force 2 etc ...) maybe a nostalgic move, or maybe the good old motto : games were better before :laugh:

Processor E5-2690 v4
Motherboard VEINEDA X99
Video Card(s) 2080 Ti WINDFROCE OC
Storage NE-512 KingSpec
Display(s) G27Q
Case DAOTECH X9
Power Supply SF450
Simply put we are not built to be satisfied, we are dissatisfied to begin with The games are every bit as interesting and much more to new comers. But we are slowly catching up with reality and the redundancy if it. Every time we see something new and interesting that becomes the new normal and the baseline. becomes very hard to beat.

Well, the more I read this thread, the more I want to reload the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series just in time for Halloween. I kind of miss the rush of zombies in the wire! I miss Zulu and Strelock, Freedom, Duty, and X18. I'll see you *#tches in the ZONE!!!

Processor Threadripper 3955WX
Motherboard M12SWA-TF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 4U SP3
Memory G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3733 (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) 5700XT + 3x RX 590
Storage A lot
Display(s) ViewSonic G225fB
Case Corsair 760T
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply be quiet! DPP12 1500W
Keyboard IBM F122
Software 10 LTSC
Heh I thought this was about the game named Burnout, one of the best racing games there is.

Feel the same but only about AAA, pretty much all the same, feels like I'm walking through an interactive lecture on "struggles" than a videogame.... lame. Shifted towards Japanese games, pretty good overall... plus I enjoy Soulslike elements, not ashamed to say Touhou Project is my favourite saga, yep, it's Touhou, not Half-Life, not even Doom. What about... Tetris? pretty simple yet enjoyable.

My advice is to stay away from multiplayer crap, everything's full of cheaters, P2W and gacha mechanics, unbalanced items and the same 2-3 levels on repeat.

So...I'd suggest some light reading for most of the people in this thread. Specifically, most people seem to be focused on the hedonistic treadmill, where a change in the status quo will rapidly become the new normal, and this we will always be seeking to change things. It's funny that, but it's how humans mostly cope with their lives and don't go crazy when they discover themselves in a very different place.

That said, I disagree with the people who call most things crap. I don't personally like COD and the like, but they're fantastic. Graphically pretty, functionally complete, and largely stable. As someone who remembers plenty of times where a game had a cheat menu, and who watches speed runs that regularly glitch players out of level geometry, it's amazing how far we've collectively come from generic brown shooters and the like. Remember, Custer's Last Stand is a Progenitor to Crysis based upon being a shooter...so it's not hard to see how far we've come.
Instead, I believe the pessimism is that those quantum leaps in gaming are gone. Games now have an annual release schedule. It takes a decade to write a new engine, whose primary advancements are in lighting technology bringing us from 85 to 92% realistic, rather than enough pixels to go from an octagonal tube 10% to a human arm 70%. It's the law of diminishing returns, and heightened expectations.

Finally, maybe it's time to ask if anyone here is half as diverse in their pursuit of gaming as the average person is with other media. Let me elaborate. When I game there's maybe 3 genres I look at. Action/Adventure, shooter, and puzzles. When I watch movies I watch dozens (comedies, foreign films, action, etc...). I can't help but to think that part of what burns people out is that they eat a tub of frosting...forgetting that what makes frosting good is that it's a part of cake. Sometimes, too much of a good thing becomes toxic. I know that I could appreciate Terraria more after 20+ hours of Destroy All Humans...and maybe that's something we lost when each genre on steam has a thousand entries. Put more shortly, are we experiencing burn-out by having infinitely diverse options of the same thing...thereby losing our whimsy by having no limitations to our hedonism?

r9

System Name Primary|Secondary|Poweredge r410|Dell XPS|SteamDeck
Processor i7 11700k|i7 9700k|2 x E5620 |i5 5500U|Zen 2 4c/8t
Memory 32GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|32GB ECC DDR3|8GB DDR4|16GB LPDDR5
Video Card(s) RX 7800xt|RX 6700xt |On-Board|On-Board|8 RDNA 2 CUs
Storage 2TB m.2|512GB SSD+1TB SSD|2x256GBSSD 2x2TBGB|256GB sata|512GB nvme
Display(s) 50" 4k TV | Dell 27" |22" |3.3"|7"
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+ | Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro|Windows 10 Pro|Windows 10 Home| Server 2012 r2|Windows 10 Pro

thoughts
The advancement has definitely flatlined.
I've been here from day one as well and the advancements we had every year were revolutionary.
I always use Mass Effect Andromeda from 2017 that looks better than most games today.
The dev's keep making the games more demanding but a lot of games when you look at the graphics doesn't justify it.
Also there was more skill involved in old arcade games than most of todays game like timing, combinations etc. Now is like tap X ... Tap Y etc.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Thanks for all the interesting posts about this topic people i thought it was just me having some midlife crisis.
I dont fell so left out now mite be like some have said most games are buggy or just broken its frustrating,
- Have you ever gone into making something for a game? Like a map? Or those build/survival games, like Valheim?
These things can really hit a special spot in your brain at some point. The early moments are tough, when you get to grips with the game's systems, it becomes mighty relaxing, and its as complicated as you want to make it for yourself.

- Have you tried finding those simple games from the old school arcade days again?
I bought a Steam Deck and its mighty fun diving back into something like Sonic, or Pac Man on that device. The simplicity is easy to get lost in.

Regardless I recognize what you're feeling. At some point, especially when you've seen a lot of games and game types, you'll notice the patterns, the tricks, the type of puzzle you're looking at simply because you've seen it before. The surprise element, the wow effect of gaming just fades over time. Taking a break is a great remedy. Let things release. Don't even bother checking teasers. Do/play whatever does tickle you somehow. Return at some given moment and experience whether there's anything new that does motivate you to play.