1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GeForce GT540M issues

Discussion in 'GPU-Z' started by jedi_, Dec 25, 2011.

1. jedi_ New Member

Thanks Received:
    first, look at the pictures - quite a few differences between these two versions of GPU-Z, some I believe being regressions in the latest version

[​IMG]

ROP count seems to be wrong in the latest version, also no CUDA and DirectCompute indicators are all wrong too as GT540M supports them both as far as I know. Pixel Fillrate and BIOS version reading seems to be correct tho.

another thing - that screenshot has been taken on Asus laptop with Nvidia Optimus technology meaning fluent switching between Intel HD Graphics GPU and Nvidia GT540M GPU - but GPU-Z freezes all the time - if I manage to switch it to display Intel properities - it runs fine, but with Nvidia GPU selected - it freezes (you can see that on the picture on the 0.5.7 screen - "brak odpowiedzi" means "not responding" in polish ;) )

System is Win 7 x64 with latest Intel HD Graphics drivers and latest Nvidia beta drivers (but its the same in whql drivers so I doubt it's their fault).

If you need more details just let me know
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  2. Maban

Maban

Thanks Received:
    The ROP count was fixed. It really is supposed to be just 4. Wiz will come in to answer the rest.