• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GELID SILENT 12 TC Temperature Control 120mm

System Name ATLAS
Processor Intel Core i7-4770 (4C/8T) Haswell
Motherboard GA-Z87X-UD5H , Dual Intel LAN, 10x SATA, 16x Power phace.
Cooling ProlimaTech Armageddon - Dual GELID 140 Silent PWM
Memory Mushkin Blackline DDR3 2400 997123F 16GB
Video Card(s) MSI GTX1060 OC 6GB (single fan) Micron
Storage WD Raptors 73Gb - Raid1 10.000rpm
Display(s) DELL U2311H
Case HEC Compucase CI-6919 Full tower (2003) moded .. hec-group.com.tw
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Music + mods, Audigy front Panel - YAMAHA quad speakers with Sub.
Power Supply HPU-4M780-PE refurbished 23-3-2022
Mouse MS Pro IntelliMouse 16.000 Dpi Pixart Paw 3389
Keyboard Microsoft Wired 600
Software Win 7 Pro x64 ( Retail Box ) for EU
This thread is more than 11 years old.

One product review this is complete only when an eleven years old confirmation this follow up, and this confirms original expectations.
In this eleven years duration, I did two motherboard upgrades, among one CPU and one VGA upgrade, plus the addition of Prolimatech ARMAGEDDON.

Both of these GELID DC fan, they are still alive, their performance this is rock solid, and they look immortal.

The specification of Expected life at 25C this were unknown, my system this is working approximately 15 hours its day, that is approximately 5000 hours per year.
5000 hours per year by eleven years = 55000 hours so far.

I am now thinking that by demonstrate trust at GELID I did demonstrate trust at Hong Kong state and factories, them having nothing in common with China mainland mindset.
Hong Kong state within China, this were first choice as location for western investments.
This caused Western influence and at the industrial sector, use of certified materials, USA and EU product quality standards were also adopted.

Hong Kong state within China, this is equal to a slow developed TAIWAN.
TAIWAN become an technology developer at 1985, again with help from western investors, and all that 35 years of Taiwanese industry experiences helped Taiwan to be No1 innovator these days.
Hong Kong state this is what Taiwan was 20 years ago.
And mainland China this is now what Hong Kong state was 14 years back.

No1 technology innovator this was and is Japan, products market penetration this is another story, as the cheap meat this is still popular within the poor.
For example I am using as side case fan one Sanyo (FBA12G12H) this is 38mm by 120mm this capable for 2600 rpm, this working with voltage regulation at 1200 rpm as silent mode.
There is no second best DC fan at the 12V this delivering max airflow and silence than this, always in comparison with any 25mm x 120mm DC fan.

End of July 2020 I placed a new order for one of latest production GELID 14 PWM ( 14-FN-PX14-12 ), 13 EUR shipped from Italy and I will use it as improvement regarding CMF of my Prolimatech Blue Vortex 14, this working problem free for nine years.

DC fan max speed this is a tricky specification for NON-PWM fan, for example ( Prolimatech Blue Vortex 14 ) this is 1000rpm at 13.8V , there is no such voltage delivered by a PC PSU.
Therefore at 900 RPM the estimated delivery of CMF this is 60 ~ 65 the highest.
Prolimatech Blue Vortex 14 this can do 900 RPM at 12V, and now by the New GELID 14 PWM ( 14-FN-PX14-12 ), I am looking after of 300 RPM increase, and also increase of Airflow up to 126 CMF.

At the large CPU tower coolers (the well designed ones ) they do benefit from CMF but up to a point, when incoming airflow this is sufficient (75 ~ 85 CMF) their cooling performance this is not further increased.
When dual 140mm DC fan are installed the benefit from a single fan this is just 2~3 Celsius.

My new bet, this is that a single GELID 14 PWM ( 14-FN-PX14-12 ) will feed the required CMF so the Prolimatech ARMAGEDDON cooling block design, this to come at it highest limit of performance = 160W of thermal handling.
My current CPU this is at 95 Watts, therefore I am investing for the future, that could be an i7 (3600MHz) at 130W at stock speeds.