• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L Problems?

WatakiWatako

System Name GAIA
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86 Ghz
Motherboard ASRock 945GCM-S 22"
Cooling CPU + 1 Case Cooler (Rear)
Memory 4GB DDR2
Video Card(s) ATI Sapphire 5750
Storage 320GB + 500GB External
Display(s) Viewsonic VA2216w
Case Coolermaster Elite 330
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 550w VX
Software Windows XP 32 bit Media Center Edition 2002 SP3
I have been attempting to upgrade my PC however I have encountered the following problems.

My current hardware can be found under the User CP, I will list the new Hardware here.

System after upgrade:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L (Brand New)
Memory: CM2X2048-6400C5 G (Corsair 2GB DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 XMS2 Xtreme Performance Memory CL5) (Also Brand new)
Power Supply: Corsair VX 550w
Graphics Card: ATI Sapphire 5750 (1GB)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @1.86Ghz (Non overclocked)
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Once constructing the above system the following occurs when attempting to start the system:

The Good:
-Upon pressing the power button, all system fans are active (Chassis, CPU, GPU)
-There is extensive optical drive activity despite there not being a disk of any description in place
-Everything seems to be recieving power

The bad:
-There is no video output at all.
-It looks like the system might be attempting to boot however it is not visible.
-Upon pressing the delete key to view the BIOS, No video output remains a problem.
-I am unable to determine if the BIOS is being accesed or not.

I have tried:
-Using the Onboard VGA output instead
-Double checking all connectors
________________________________________________________________________________

We can rule out the possibility of a broken VGA cable or monitor as they are working justnow. The VGA connector is connected to a VGA to DVI convertor which is currently connected to the Sapphire 5750. This will hopefully be the same setup with the GA-G41M-ES2L if and when it works.

The Motherboard and RAM are brand new so they should be in working order.

The RAM that I am currently using with my AsRock 945GCM-S might be compatible with the GA-G41M-ES2L however I have not yet had a chance to try this..

I currently suspect either:

A - The Corsair RAM is not compatible
or
B - The Motherboard is unfunctional.

Any ideas would be apreciated! Thanks in advance.

Last edited: