1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Giveaway: Nexuiz (CryEngine 3 Version)

Discussion in 'Games' started by theonedub, Aug 3, 2012.

1. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    :respect:INSTG8R and manofthem have donated a additional keys for the game, so three winners were drawn :respect:
    [​IMG]
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/96800/

Random.ORG has selected the following winners:

fullinfusion, burtram, & stinger608

3DMark11 Advanced: Bow

Alien Vs Predator: brandonwh64

Borderlands: hertz9753

Mass Effect 2: VulkanBros

Battlefield Bad Company 2: lilhasselhoffer

Fallout New Vegas: cheesy999

Bejeweled (Apple App Store): nick_1992, Easy Rhino, and enaher

Humble Bundle 4: AlienIsGOD

Dungeon Defenders: AlienIsGOD (by default)

Duke Nukem Forever: t_ski

RAGE: Mindweaver

Humble Bundle (Android 2): Kevinheraiz

Bulletstorm: jasper1605

Red Faction Armageddon: Volkszorn88

Metro 2033: FreedomEclipse

Trine 2: Kreij

Dead Island: Norton

Crysis 2: ThE_MaD_ShOt

Deus Ex Human Revolution: Completely Bonkers

Bastion: Bo$$

LA Noire: D007

Bastion: TheMailMan78

Max Payne 3: rickss69

Limbo, Amnesia, Psychonauts & S&S: AlienIsGOD

Payday The Heist (2): bbmarley and mlee49

Just Cause 2: lyndonguitar

Braid, Lone Survivor, and SuperMeatBoy: Techtu

Tomb Raider & the Guardian of the Light: Sasqui

Kayne and Lynch 2: Inioch

Supreme Commander 2: Aleksander Dishnica

Nexuiz (2 additional copies care of INSTG8R and manofthem): fullinfusion, burtram, & stinger608

I started giveaways to ignite the Pay it Forward mentality here on TPU and I really am impressed with how members have stepped up and followed my lead. I really hope the trend spreads and more of these pop up in the future (I'm sure the wallets of manofthem and I could use a little reprieve :D)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
    camoxiong, m1dg3t, pantherx12 and 10 others say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I'll go for it :) Unreal tournament games was my favorites. SO I would like to try this one aswell.

3. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Bought UT99 specifically for bot gameplay (was still on 56k) and they were amazing and to be honest they still amaze me with their intelligence. I think i was intensively playing it for 8 years, that is since its release in 1999 till around 2007-2008. Imo the best arena match game ever made. I wish UT4 would be more like UT99. UT3 was fun but i've stopped playing it rather quickly despite few cool mods...

4. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    Amazing game, good luck everyone!

5. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    *Not an entry*

I have to say, unreal tournament 2004 is still somewhat populated, and it's only a little short of a decade old. With that kind of staying power, the question is why? Can you name any other arena shooters that outlast attrition one year after they are released? I can't.

Hopefully Nexuiz can buck the trend, and actually compete with UT. UT3 was a massive disappointment, and I'd like to see the developer forced to fix the myriad of issues it has (because there is real competition).

6. Chryonn

Chryonn

Thanks Received:
    I remember playing UT99 and Q3A back in the day with bots and still got my arse kicked, it honed my skills for when i played online proper.
    i still remember that pulse-pounding final level on one of the later Unreal Tournament's ladder against bots; i was one kill from attaining the top rank...the clock was ticking down. i came second.

7. manofthem

manofthem WCG-TPU Team All-Star!

Thanks Received:
    Wow, that's really an impressive winners' list! Thanks for the giveaways Dub :toast:

I grabbed this game but haven't gotten into it yet due to lack of time. Looks good though

Sasqui and theonedub say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    Big thanks goes out to INSTG8R for donating a second copy of the game. I've loosened the requirements for entry- lets get at least 10 people entered by tonight :cool:

The sooner this one is done, the sooner I can do the multigame giveaway I have planned for the weekend (which now will also include a copy of Deus Ex HR courtesy of INSTG8R, too). Thanks a lot :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    First, INSTG8R your frigging awesome man!!!! Very cool gesture on offering up free keys for this.

Main reason I would love this game is much like everyone that has entered, it is very close to being like the UT games. Original UT was one of my favorite FPS games. Then I found UT2003! Man, I did some serious LAN'ING with that sucker! Probably went to 50 or so LAN parties during UT2003's hey days. It was soooooooo frigging much fun!!!
    LOL, if you have never played UT2003 with friends and/or family you really really missed an epic period of computer gaming!

Then there was Quake 3 Arena! LOLOLOL, man what a hoot that game was/is! Another epic FPS. Didn't really get very good notoriety, but one must look at "Quake Live." It is still running, and is pretty much Quake 3 Arena. Played Quake 3 Arena in LAN parties for a bit as well.

Then came along UT2004.........Not bad, however it was not quite as good as UT2003 in my opinion. UT3......F'n crap!!!
    By the time UT2004 was released I only attended a few LAN parties while playing that. For me it seemed to be too much micro management with the bases and what not.

UT3........ Only played that a hand full of times and didn't like it at all.

Now lets fast forward to this awesome give away! I have been eyeballing Nexuiz for awhile now! Soooooo reminds me of the "good ole days" of LAN parties and online gaming with my best friend in the whole world Mark. Mark is a totally different story. He recently passed away at an early age of 47 and was the first person back in the late 80's that I ever computer gamed with, and was the first person that I ever went to LAN parties with. God rest his soul!!!

I so terribly miss the LAN party days, and Nexuiz would in some ways kind of bring them "good ole days" back for me. Regardless of winning or not, I will be getting this awesome looking game mainly due to the highly upgraded graphics and the awesome arena FPS game style that I had so much fun with in the days gone by.

Good luck to all that enter and a huge congrats to those who win.

A special thanks goes out to Theonedub for holding these give away's!

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  10. EiSFX

Thanks Received:
    My First play of any Deathmatch game was Quake 2 back when it was Brand new. I used to be on 56k at that time I used to own at that game. I also used to play alot of UT99 and 04 and both where awesome. I was and still am a pretty competitive FPS player and nothing really beats the Arena style FPS to bring out the competitive spirit in all who play. And also helps keep your reaction time fast and its just plain fun. Better then thoes big open DM games where you usaully have to run across the entire huge map just to find someone to kill.

there that should be it hope it helps and also good luck to all others who enter

Thanks
    EiSFX

11. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    *not an entry* - since I am a previous winner. Just poking my head in to look and say thanks again!

stinger608 says thanks.
  12. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I've never played a similar arena base FPS game, and that's the main reason to enter this contest. If I won I might end up hooked on the genre :D

Oh and cryengine. As long as a game has great graphics, I always enjoy playing it.

13. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Em in case If i win, I wont be able to contact you in 48h because im off on holiday for one week starting this saturday, if drawing wont be closed till tommorrow :)

14. burtram

burtram

Thanks Received:
    I would love to give the game a go, it had my interest piqued since the first trailer. The reason I love the arena fps "genre", if you will, is that the good ones (quake and unreal tournament) are so fast paced and fun they really get your adrenaline going. Sure battlefield and call of duty can be quite hectic and fun, but nothing has had me amped in game like a solid Instagib CTF, TDM, TAM or even Bombing Run (which I wish they'd bring back) match in Unreal.

The arena fps games are also probably the best place, to hone your twitch reflexes and make you a better shot overall in other shooters.

15. ZakkWylde

ZakkWylde

Thanks Received:
    My reason for entering is about the same as black panther's. I missed out on UT and quake, and my cousin that I game with picked this up when it was on sale so it would be nice to try it out with him. Thanks for running the contest!

16. fullinfusion

fullinfusion 1.21 Gigawatts

Thanks Received:
    Its the only game I can use a mouse and keyboard some what successfully lol :eek:

Thats why this game would be rite up my ally :lovetpu:

17. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
  18. manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Not sure I take your meaning. Should everyone withdraw from the Dub's giveaway because there's a free fps out there? I see theres some relation between games (though I'm not familiar with it), but I don't think a free giveaway thread is the place to make your point, whatever it is.

Crunching for Team TPU
  19. stinger608

Thanks Received:
    Agreed 150%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fullinfusion says thanks.
  20. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    *Not an entry* ( Already got blacklight to play)

Just a bump and a thanks theonedub and INSTG8R!

21. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    Thnx for another giveaway 1dub, propz instg8r as well :rockout:

These kind of games are madness, and I am mad :roll:

But not MMO mad :eek: Someone should have a blast with this :D

22. manofthem

Thanks Received:
    I happened to stumble upon an extra copy of this game, so I offered it to theonedub for his giveaway. The more the merrier, right? 3 winners is solid imo :laugh:

It looks like we will have plenty of people to play with at least when this is over :toast:

INSTG8R, theonedub, pantherx12 and 2 others say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. stinger608

Thanks Received:
    :respect::respect::respect: Dude, that is sooooooooooooooo kind of you to offer up yet another key!!!!!!!!

:rockout::rockout::rockout: What an amazing give away this has turned out to be!!!

fullinfusion says thanks.
  24. gdallsk

gdallsk

Thanks Received:
    I've been for arena type games for not a very long time - since Unreal Tournament III. I can't even describe how amazed I was. The game looked gorgeously back then, and it is still now. I played the UT gold as well on my mates PC for a shorty, even though it is old as hell it was still fun to play, not to mention that there are still people playing it. As for the Nexuis - if this is the real Unreal tournament's "blood brother'' I would like to get a taste of it :) not to mention it's astonishing graphics to date!

25. fullinfusion

fullinfusion 1.21 Gigawatts

Thanks Received:
    I was really stunned myself thinking WTF!

~BANNED~ IMO

And look at my Avatar! Do I look like I'm kidding? :wtf:

stinger608 and qubit say thanks.