1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Giveaway: Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army (Multiple Copies)

Discussion in 'Games' started by theonedub, Jul 23, 2013.

1. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:

Winners have been selected and all games have been claimed!

Don't RAGE quit or cause yourself unnecessary PAYNE if you didn't win, the next giveaway with (2) new titles will be up in a day or so ;)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:

is what it needs...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Sir B. Fannybottom says thanks.
  3. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    The one thing a Zombie game needs is that must survive aspect something I have found lacking in modern zombie games. Go back play Resident Evil 1 and you get that creepy atmosphere the hunting for things you need trying to conserve ammo etc. That need to gather items and survive. Day Z is interesting in that regard but it doesnt have the right feel. That and I agree a shotgun is an absolute must in a Zombie game. Nothing says get outta my way like blowing a rotting corpse into bits as a pump action carrying badass.

4. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Zombie games must have Zombie dogs, they just instil panic.

5. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    A zombie game need to be like open world game. You have to explore, find things improve your character and make your own way to survive.

6. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    dead island?

7. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Thanks 1Dub for the awesome giveaway! :respect: :respect:
    :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  8. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    Not entering; But I think that zombie games absolutely have to have,
    1: fat zombies. Why are they always skinny? Everyone knows if america got hit by a zombie apocalypse they would all be overweight. Rofl
    2: I think you should have a sword of some sort. I think all games should have a sword actually, lol
    3: Looting should definitely be a major part of it, with limited ammo that forces you to check all over for fear of running out.

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. EiSFX

Thanks Received:
    I'm in. What i would like to see in zombie games is the feeling of needing to survive and not the need just to find more ammo. Like i mean hideing, dodgeing, and evading. and not just pull the trigger and mowe them down.

10. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    in for the win. A good Zombie game needs to be narrated by Ozzy with of course a Black Sabbath/ AC/DC soundtrack. And some chainsaws for fun.

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. mafia97

mafia97

Thanks Received:
    A zombie game should like i am legend , you try to find the cure and if you are able to cure a zombie, that zombie (now turned into person) joins your crew and helps fight other zombies or help find cure for other zombies by searching in different places since different zombies require different cures.If your cure goes bad on a zombie then the zombie becomes powerful and you have to fight it out.

12. VulkanBros

VulkanBros

Thanks Received:
    I'm in
    Basically a good Zombie game needs two elements:

1. Lots of pump action guns
    2. It should make me scream

Crunching for Team TPU
  13. mauriek

Thanks Received:
    for me a good zombie game must be able to suck player in to the game, so it will need a good background story, with real life limitation, you cant find ammo in the dumpster or lying around everywhere.

Crunching for Team TPU
  14. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    Good game for at least 5-10 hours of gameplay. Thanks for the giveaway.

15. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    A good zombie game?

Fear - you need an atmosphere and soundtrack that instils trepidation and anxiety. Creaky doors, sudden startling sounds and tension building devices.

Lack of Weaponry - Limited access to weapons that make killing zombies a run of the mill shoot em up encounter.

Story - Even something simple - your vehicle crashes somewhere and you need to traverse an open world to get back to your family (are they zombies yet?)

Progressive Zombification - No more obvious zombies. Zombies in early stage 'zombification' should appear totally human and only give slight hints about their condition (vacant mumbling, watching Jeremy Kyle etc)

Ethics - Given that zombies are progressively zombified - shooting civilians by mistake ends your game.

Can someone make me this game?

16. Over_Lord

Over_Lord News Editor

Thanks Received:
    A good zombie game should have realism, the key aspect to enjoying a game of that genre.

17. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the entries. I would like to get this giveaway knocked out quickly, so lets close entries at the end of today 7/24/13 and have winners drawn tomorrow.

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    Count me in

A good zombie game needs lots of blood, bullets, and moments that make you pee your pants.
    Unfortunately, it's been years since I've played a game that genuinely scared me.

19. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    No one has really mentioned co-op, despite that being the trend now in all recent zombie games. Makes me wonder.... :confused:

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  20. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    I think a zombie game should be a open map, but taken one step farther. I feel a zombie game set in a modern city with an accurate map would really be awesome. Imagine a zombie game set in the town or city you live in that you that you actually recognise your surroundings. Fighting zombies somewhere like the Oceanfront in Virginia Beach, or the Mall of America, or Downtown Seattle, and knowing the map because your familiarity with the area. Personally, I think it would be cool to fight zombies on a map of my hometown, and that it actually be accurate to the point of my being able to recognise individual houses in my neighborhood.

Crunching for Team TPU
  21. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    Eh, I think L4D kind of ruined it for everyone. Coop is great, but running around solo screaming your head off as hundreds of zombies close in on you with your last shell loaded... now that's fun!

22. rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie

Thanks Received:
    I'm In!! Thank you for the giveaway!

A good zombie game must get accross that need to survive, by conveying that you can't just stand there and shoot them or hack them all day long. It also should have the ability to decapitate them with a machete or fire axe, and of course...shotguns are mandatory!

23. Johan45

Johan45

Thanks Received:
    I feel Zombie games need to be a bit more interactive with the enviroment. The ability to set traps , drop heavy items on them would be a good start. Most if not all items in the enviroment should be useable. Lots of bashing and slicing for the times you're out of ammo and cornered.
    Just enough ammo but not too much. Have to run like h**l to find more if you're empty.
    Zombies really should be fast and viscious not mindless lumps.
    Then the gore aspect is always necessary, not just head exploding but limbs flying off when you make a crappy shot.
    The fear factor is needed as well zombies popping out of hole/ doors/ dropping from trees etc. Whatever it takes to make someone jumps Plus the ever constant eerie sounds people screaming in the distance the audio plays a huge part in setting the tone for a good game. Thanks for the offer theonedub.
    I do F@H but I'm already committed to another team. Winners of the 2013 Chinp challenge.

24. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    Lol, that's pretty much my play style. I hate playing games like that, but once I'm done, I always love it afterward. It has to be able to get you just the right amount terrorized; not so much that you can't take in the scenery

Edit: still not entering

Crunching for Team TPU
  25. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received: