• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GTX 280 Bad flash

Hi everyone.
I've had this GTX 280 sitting around and I decided to see how it runs GTA V. It was fine bu I decided to meddle with it's voltage to see if I could lower it for lower noise. I managed to lower it to 1.0625 from 1.1875 and it was stable. Then I decided I need to lower the idle voltages but the lowest option available was 1.0375.
Then I went into the Voltage IC menu of Nibitor and changed 1.0625 to 1.0375 and the other 1.0375 to 1.0000. After that I went into the Voltage table and changed 1.06 to 1.03 and 1.03 to 1 to make it show up correctly in GPU-Z.
Bios integrity was showing green. Flashed it, nothing. Card tries to boot several times but nothing comes up, then the fan gets stuck at 100% and that's it.
I managed to boot into windows and I kept a backup Vbios.
But my biggest roadblock is The card won't be detected by the PC anymore. I've had bad flashed with both BV and AMD GPUs in the past but I was able to flash my way back to a functional card. I've tried he latest as well as older versions of NVFlash windows and NVFlash DOS versions. Nothing shows up in device manager, and I keep getting the error message "No NVIDIA video adapter was detected."
I've also done a bad flash to a GTX 260 but that was a 55nm card and I somehow managed to resurrect it.
Any ideas on how to get this thing working again, if at all possible?

It's unheard of and I think worth sharing.
Last night the card that just got bricked and I lost every hope of resurrecting, has been re-animated by some unknown force.
Took the card out, put in my 5870, installed drivers, went to to sleep.
Woke up, turned the computer on and went grazing on the internet for a bit. Turned the computer off, installed the 280, voila!
I got a post, I'm typing to you now from a fully functional GTX 280.
I genuinely believe it was a miracle orit had something to to with installing the 5870. Either way, I got goose bumps.