1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GTX570 DCII problems

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by Crazykenny, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Crazykenny

Crazykenny

Thanks Received:
    I got this odd problem with my GTX570 DCII. On very rare occassions my videocard driver just crashing (blackscreen for a few second and resulting in the lagging of my entire system) and then restoring itself. When restored it can take weeks or months for it to reoccur again.

Do I need to be worried? Or is my computer begging for a fresh Windows install? (its been like 2 years since I last reinstalled my entire system)
  2. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    you have an unstable card or the drivers are causing it. The best way to deal with that is to raise the voltage - but usually videodriver crashes are due to not enough voltage to the core or overclock too high. Looks like you are at stock though.
  3. Crazykenny

Crazykenny

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, did touch anything after I plugged it in. Well like I said, its a extremely rare occurance and it doesnt permanently crash my system. Its just a nuisance for a few seconds and then it continues to do normal operations.

I just wanna know if it can be blamed on faulty hardware or software.
  4. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    Some people have been complaining about this issue on Guru 3d's forums, so it sounds like a driver issue, not terribly wide spread though.

that is a blistering fast system you got though...
  5. Crazykenny

Crazykenny

Thanks Received:
    Thank you very much. Well would you reckon a system reinstall do much good? Or update the drivers? (Had the latest but when booted up this morning I saw some new Nvidia drivers available)
  6. mudkip

mudkip

Thanks Received:
    The new driver has many bugfixes and is whql, I have the same problem as you when I'm using firefox.
  7. BenHoliday New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had a Galaxy GTX 570 with the same issue. Sometimes I would get it 2 or 3 times in a few hours some days it would never show at all. This happened when using browsers and when gaming. I followed a bunch of the other threads on this and tried all the fixes out but nothing worked. For me this didn't show up until the 280 drivers I kept hoping the next release would resolve it but nothing ever worked. On the plus side it was going down and coming back within 5-10 seconds so I never missed a beat in most games it was just annoying.
  8. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
  9. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    This was fairly commonplace, albeit sporadic with the last set of forceware drivers, mainly when browsing...if you have not already, download and instal the new 295.73 drivers released this week, hopefully they should sort the problem for you..... i suffered the same but occasional black screens for a few seconds.
  10. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm sorry but 5.2GHz on a 2600K at 1.21V? Seriously?

My first comment was to have you set the rest of the PC to defaults to see if something was up with the OC causing the driver to flake out.
  11. Crazykenny

Crazykenny

Thanks Received:
    Had it running for stock aswell with the overclock. Makes no difference. (I'll post a screen with the OC if your interested. 1.21v is what it shows, unless.... my mobo is lying to me.)

I'll install those latest drivers when I get home, hope it solves the problems. Like some of you already say its more of a nuisance then a real problem. The driver crash also comes with the black screen for a few seconds. Thought that was normal but for some of you only the pop-up appears apperantly.

Well thanks allot for your help gentlemen. This is why I like TPU so much :D
  12. BenHoliday New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had the black screen as well. The only games I sweated was when I was playing a fps. Then that black screen lasted an eternity. I kept waiting for it to go away and find whether I was a corpse or not.

It has to be something in the drivers because I have friends with a 460 and a 580 that get it on occasion as well. For some reason it just seems more frequent on the 570. I also know a couple people with no issues whatsoever. It is just so damn random.
  13. BenHoliday New Member

Thanks Received:
    Got my replacement card last night a GTX 560 ti. Was sad to see the black screen today with the new drivers.
  14. Crazykenny

Crazykenny

Thanks Received:
    Well, as long as it doesnt damage the card itself I'm fine. I dont mind my gaming sessions being interrupted for a brief period of time once a month or so.

The system was running for 48 hours straight this weekend (LAN-Party). No problems whatsoever. Makes one think what the hell it could be.
  15. BenHoliday New Member

Thanks Received:
    My new 560 seems to be getting this more often then my 570 that burned out. Seriously thinking Nvidia may drive me back to ATI. I only seem to see this occasionally on web browsing disabled IE from using the gpu this weekend and haven't seen it since. But I am experiencing it more on game login screens SWTOR, BFBC2, BF3, EQ2 all have a one in three shot of loading fine. But one out of three times it will black screen and recover. No worries on that but the other one out of three times it will lock up at the game loading screen and get artifacting causing me to have to do a hard shut down.

I am seriously considering returning this card and picking up one of the new Radeons. Which sucks as I wanted to hold out for the new GTX's this month. I just worry that the issue would carry over to the new cards as well.
  16. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    I get this on my GTX285 at least once a week.