1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Guild Wars 2 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by araditus, Jun 4, 2012.

1. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    $200 for a used q9550 if I'm lucky, not really worth it IMO. 12 FPS is actually pretty playable, and that's only with like 100+ people nearby, and on medium settings. I could squeeze more performance out of this e8400 if I really want to.

2. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Doesnt exactly have to be a Q9550 - I was using that as an example to prove the P5Q Pro is a good overclocker.

even most Q8300's manage to make at least 3.3Ghz which is still an improvement in your case given that it has 2 more cores over your current CPU. It makes all the difference to games.

3. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    MSI afterburn

FreedomEclipse says thanks.
  4. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    ahh no problems... I havent installed that for a long time as it interferes with the OC on my graphic cards.

I will keep trying to look for W1zzards program.

5. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I just turned off shadows in game and with my build game flyies on max settings(shadows off)And looks still beautiful :p lvl50 atm

6. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Karma gear suck when your level 80 anyways. Lots of better and cheaper items (in terms of finished product / crafting materials) from Trade Post. In fact its faster to acquire gold in game than to acquire a substantial amount of karma for those 40k karma gears. Just spend your karmas early on wherever you want. I think they were designed to be like that.. then once you hit 80, you start to grind for the real gears.

lol, I get like 20fps on jormag zerg time on my current spec -_-

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  7. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    Finally was around for The Shatterer :D

Capture050.jpg

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Anyone at Whiteside Ridge free to lend a hand with 'A Light in the darkness' story mission? Been stuck on it for a while now and since no one else is online, I cant get past it...

9. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    Anyone still playing this game? my main is now almost lvl 50 and this is my new champ. On server darkhaven.
    [​IMG]

10. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    Any post i make on the gw2 forums gets deleated no matter what the topic. So i think i'm done with this game.

11. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to the club - I dont play GW2 anymore and i know of a few more old skool GW1 veterans that have already un-installed the game, Just wait until they release a new expansion for the game, hopefully by then Anet/NCSoft might of gotten their shit together.

Otherwise its still a bot infested, buggy game with terrible NPC Ai that literally makes them mindless lemmings that either take on a mob of fire spiders/crabs solo handed or stand there looking pretty while youre getting your ass handed to you by a mob of undead/risen

ALSO NOT TO FORGET TRAHEARNE.

That guys voice acting was reason enough for me to quit the game.

12. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    I'm spending a few hours daily, but that's all I can stand.

Instead of balancing things out, they favor the grind. You can literally reach level 50 within 6 hours of playing, at least with subsequent characters on the same account.

They set out to make a good game, but failed in three critical areas.
    1)You've got to grind like crazy, but despite this there are three good missions for each broken one. It's expected that you will run into a broken mission every once in a while. It seems like the dynamic event more complex than "kill that thing" are broken . Heck, their special event leading up to the karka had a broken part in the chain. That kind of sloppy coding and design, followed by slow or non-existant patches, is inexcusable.
    2) No controls. Bot farmers suck. GW2 manages to make them suck less by having resource nodes specific to you, but that doesn't mean that they don't need to be controlled. It should be NCsoft's goal to remove bots, but they seem to have fallen asleep at the wheel.
    3) Massive price fluctuation. Dyes cost less than 3 silver at one point. They now cost more than 10 on a good day. Gems were about 50 silver for 100 gems a month ago. They are currently north of 110 silver for 100 gems. 100% inflation in one month indicates either poor design or massively unstable economics. Either way, NCsoft cannot set up their economy (partially due to points 1 and 2) and this is a substantial failure.

I really like GW2. I think Devona's rest is a decent server. Those compliments aside, NCsoft would be better served in fixing their problems than having monthly events. A three day extravaganza is nice, but it doesn't fix the underlying problems of the game. I really hope that January leads to a massive patching.

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  13. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    Gw2 was a bigger let down then tera online. They only serm to care about spvp 5 man teams as that is the only thing they balance
    And its borring as fuck. I can make my guy do so much more dps in wvw then in spvp its not even funny anymore

14. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    I was wondering whether or not to pick this up, and it looks like maybe I shouldn't, seems to be a bit of a disappointment.

15. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    You don't have to grind. Just explore the areas and be sure to do each dungeon. Also crafting is absurd exp. I could get 3-4 levels in about 30-45 minutes crafting. Less if you know what you are doing. I never found a single broken mission. Then again I only made it to level 60 with 5 or 6 fully discovered maps. GW2 is probably the least grindy game i've ever played.

It is a great game, but it doesnt have the PVE end game of WoW and endless carrot-on-a-stick prestige awards. That doesn't make it a bad game. But if you're looking for 12hour raids I suggest look elsewhere.

16. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    The dungeon in this game are a joke if you have 1 bad player you wipe non stop and you lose more then you gain. Fractals of the Mists is a joke we got to the end of lvl 1 and the quest was bugged out so we wasted our time. I cant think of another game that has made me hate pve more then this one.

17. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    I believe the crafting is a point we can agree on. Two skills, raised from level 0 to level 400, can get you almost 40 levels.

My point about the grind still stands. Have you seen what it takes to get one legendary weapon? 200 skill points don't come fast or easy. Even with all of the Sylvari, Asuran, Norn, and Human areas fully explored (missing Mt. Maelstrom, Sparkfly Fen, two Charr areas, and haven't touched Orr) I've only got 220 skill points.

I will back down on two points. NCsoft has done a decent job culling the bot farmers. Rarely, in the last three weeks, have I met a bot. Finally, quests seem to be broken less often. I have no numbers to support my claim, but I'd guess 1 in 10 is broken, and this is largely due to the AI getting stuck somewhere. It's bad, but a tolerable level of bad.

Unfortunately, there's some new grief to offer. NCsoft is screwing around with the drop rates almost every single update. It isn't substantial enough to raise concerns, but it is annoying when you're trying to craft and drop rates vary substantially day to day.

All told, I'm getting back into the game. The Wintersday event is interesting, if a bit less varied than I'd like. The drop rates are being fixed, and bot farming has become a substantially smaller problem. If NCsoft can add something to the PvE experience, beyond party only Fractals, they've got something.

I can recommend it for sociable players, or at least people who want to have a good few hours a week. Long term, meh. They're trying to roll out a new set of armor, and they introduced the Fractals. The monthly events are nice, but have added little to the higher levels. If you're looking for a good few months of play, buy the game without regrets. If you're looking to get a fix of WoW style gaming crack, GW2 isn't likely to scratch that particular niche.

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  18. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    WHO RAIDS FOR 12 HOURS IN ANY MMO?!? :wtf:

lilhasselhoffer says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  19. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    Back in Everquest I think the longest raid that went on was 31 hours. Yes that's right. Lots of death and corpse runs. When a single boss takes 4 hours it's easy to do!
    Interesting read:

Horrux and AlienIsGOD say thanks.
  20. Horrux

Horrux

Thanks Received:
    Wow, I never played everquest or GW2 but that right there is a pretty epic read! :D

About as epic as FreedomEclipse's avatar... :eek:

21. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Keep those thoughts clean son ;):p

22. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Anyone have an update on what they think of the game currently? Been considering picking it up but $50 for something with no potential to test it is a wee bit steep.

23. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I havent played since this clubhouse was created but I know that copies of the game occasionally go for cheap off Amazon, SimplyCDKeys and 1 or 2 other similar sites. If youre not in a rush id hang on for a bit longer - Theres no rush. Overall it still depends on if you favor PvE more than PvP. I know that Anet have added a lot of content to the game since I last played & they're never gonna take that away from the game so you dont need to rush

Darkleoco says thanks.
  24. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    What are those similar sites? I have always been hesitant to try any cd key sites i find just straight from google but am always open to TPU recommendations.

25. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    Anet has added quite a bit to the game, but its largely focused on the monthly events (though they are currently bi-monthly). I played heavily until about 5 months ago, when the crushing weight of the grind finally caught up with me. I pop on occasionally, but with the dissolution of my guild, re-absorbtion, and the subsequent petty splintering I've largely stopped caring.

Assuming you can hook-up with like-minded people, there's plenty of content. The dungeons are meant for a full party, and are pretty much impossible if the people in your group aren't working together. The veterans exploited the crap out of the broken mechanics at the beginning, so the disparity between new players and old ones is substantial. At the same time, the stuff that requires a huge amount of grind is largely just a cosmetic change to an item that is way easier to get.

I'd recommend it, but definitely not at the $50 price point. If you can wait a little while I can free up my account, and we can arrange a trade of some sort. PM me if you're interested, and we can set something up.