1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Half-Life 2: Episode One available now

Discussion in 'News' started by W1zzard, Jun 1, 2006.

1. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Valve®, developer of the blockbuster series Half-Life® and Counter-StrikeTM, announced Half-Life® 2: Episode One is now available via Steamgames.com for just $19.95 and at retail outlets around the world.

The first in a trilogy of episodic games, Episode One reveals the aftermath of Half-Life 2 and launches a journey beyond City 17. Episode One does not require Half-Life 2 to play and also includes a first look at Episode Two, which will ship by year's end.

In addition to the new single player experience, two multiplayer games are included. And those who purchase Episode One will have free access via Steam (www.steamgames.com) to Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, the interactive technology demo that introduces High Dynamic Range lighting to the SourceTM Engine, Valve's award-winning game technology.

Source: Valve
  2. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    OMG - was I the first one to download? Actually I haven't - I'm looking forward to grabbing it when I have a chance to actually play, which is scarce this time of year. I almost ordered it with the 10% discount that ended at 12pm last night. Happy trails...
  3. ComradeRobbins

ComradeRobbins New Member

Thanks Received:
    Played it...beat it...loved it...
    God I love Valve and Half-Life
  4. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    played it and thought it was well done. A bit too cinematic with a huge lack of action at the start, but being episodic you'd assume that as the 'intro' piece, that wouldnt be an issue in teh future episodes.

Anyway, at least we dont have another 5 year wait before more HL2 goodness...
  5. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    How long/short is it? I don't want to pay $20 for a short game because I have other games I want to get too but since this is the cheapest...
  6. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    IT's worth the money, but I'm still frustrated it's so short.
  7. warup89

Thanks Received:
    already beated it :p
  8. overcast New Member

Thanks Received:
    HDR lighting effects were beautiful, gameplay was just more of the same and honestly not that exciting and unfortunately very short. Was a big teaser to Episode 2, where things look to pick up quite a bit.