1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Have you ever had an iPod (or other device) stolen from you?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Azn Tr14dZ, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, I didn't know if I should've put this in "General Hardware" or "General Nonsense", but since it was hardware, why not.

Anyways, have any of you ever had an iPod, PSP, or similar stolen from you, or mugged right out of your hands? Say it here.

2. oinkypig

oinkypig

Thanks Received:
    i stole an ipod. white 3rd generation 20 gb ipod

3. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    I've had "gnomes" turn my big bills into much smaller ones. Quite embarrasing when you're counting on a $10 bill to pay for your lunch and it turns out to be a $1 ><. My little brother confessed a little while ago, and then my other little brother was caught red handed stealing my pocket change...I think my brothers are jealous of the money I make :laugh:.
    Edit-
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH why exactly did you steal it?

4. Protius New Member

Thanks Received:
    i know one kid that would steal all sorts of stuff from best buy, he'd just walk in grab a couple ipod boxes take em out n walk outa the store

5. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    and he was never caught for this? by any chance are the employees deaf dumb and blind?

6. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Thumb drive, i was holding it, but I tripped him, and he fell. Then he got kicked a few times.

7. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    My cd player was stolen for around two weeks, but somehow district security found the kid who stole it and got it back to me.

8. POGE

POGE New Member

Thanks Received:
    My virginity got stolen by banjoman. :(

9. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, i had my iPod stolen earlier, but the guy was bigger than me, so I didn't want to do anything. He seemed like the kind of guy who would have a knife or gun. I was thinking about hitting him in the temple (instant death when right) but he had a bike and got away quick.

10. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    were you in public man? shit dude that sucks, you should of tried to take him out (well fight him) I would go B-a-n-n-a-n-a-s. Was he muscular like someone who works out big? that would give him good grapling power, to late to contemplate on this now though.

I was always told size does not mater much in fighting, and skill does matter a whole lot more. I have hardy any fear, I had some hoodlems checking me out at a bad bus stop before and they had some old stocky guy watching over them but I dident give em any fear, I was ready for a knife which I am sure they had (hoping just one knife imo), so they left me alone robed some other guy I felt bad but I think I reconized the older guy from somewhere around where I visited and just let it be, otherwise you could help someone out and jump the lil fackers by suprise.

Edit- so he grabed it and jumped straight on the bike? not much time to give him a solid kick to the groin :( or punch/punch kick groin combo

11. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    The thing is, he was in a bike by the street, and I was walking his way. So...I changed my direction, and went to the rocks on the side, which was a bad idea since it was sloping down, and no one would be able to see us. He came up to me, and just jacked it. I wasn't ready since I was watching a video on my iPod, and he rode like a pussy away. I wish I would've hit him the the temple (which would be instant death) or knock his knee cap out. But what if I lost? No one would see may, and rarely any people go the way that I take to walk home...

Oh well, iPods are cheaper know, and maybe a PSP instead.

12. DanTheBanjoman SeƱor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I prefer to use the term "taken".

13. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    I had 10 bucks pickpocketed out of my hand once. I now put a death grip on my cash. Me I am docile, but I can turn into a fireball REAL fast. If someone jacked my Ipod, I don't care how big he is, it's on. I don't blame you for not fighting, though, Ipods are't worth losing, or taking, life over.

14. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would've fought, but we were in the greenbelt which is lower than the street, so no one would be able to see us at all. Completely hidden away.

But you're right, it's not worth dying, who knows if he had a knife.

But if it was where people are, hell yeah! Break his kneecap, then strike his temple. Boom, he dies for trying to jack something.

I just need to work on that one inch punch now.

15. ex_reven New Member

Thanks Received:
    temple shots arnt instant death...
    unless your attacking with a pen or another relatively sharp object

a blunt attack (eg fist, heel strike, hammer, metal pole) will only kill at the temple when the bones of the skull break and get pushed into the brain. The average human knuckles will break a long time before you penetrate the skull, which is why we use gloves for boxing, not just to protect the other guys face from cuts and gouges. Theres a nice interesting and useless piece of information for you ;).

From your friendly, loving, coke filled resident sho dan.
    - Ex_ReVeN

16. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, but it sure hurts like hell. It can leave detached retina, double vision and one helluva migraine the next day.

17. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    dude you do tae kwon do and act like a pussy....your mentor must be full of it not to give you any fighting confidence. or just fill your mind with fortune cookie shit.

18. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've never had anything stolen, I would go crazy if someone tried to take it out my hands. If it was a group I'd probably have to let it go, but I don't tend to flash my expensive stuff.

19. KennyT772

KennyT772 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i always customize my shit due to that reason. ive had my cd player stolen multiple times (sony walkman mp3cd) but seeing how its sprayed red and black its very unique. i kicked the shit out of the guys who stole it too.

20. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's not nice...:( I can do shit if I want, and when I'm fucking mad I'm fucking crazy (dislocated someone's shoulder for taking my fries) but I don't go around looking for a fucking fight though.

21. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    What if the force to break three bricks, what if I used that much strength on someones temple? Would that kill them?

And I put "Instant Death when done right"....

22. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    The main point I was making man is u do self defence to DEFEND YOURSELF! against them kinds of attacks, not to take it like a little girl :p

ok im done scolding u for it now :D

23. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    If someone does it to me, don't worry, I'll hurt em. Trust me, I will.

I hope I see hime riding his bike, so I can drive next to him and open my door and hit him.;)

24. Canuto

Canuto New Member

Thanks Received:
    Go ahead we'll help ;)

25. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lol, oh well...got a new choice in my life, PSP or iPod...:rolleyes: