1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

hayder master new system advice

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Hayder_Master, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    hello my dear friends, i am so hungry for new system so im thinking for something crazy, from my old system still have some parts
    case: cooler master 942 haf-x, humm it's great but cosmos II impress me and it will be my chose if i go with water cooling.
    psu : corsair 1000w HX it's the only one didn't think to change it.
    cooler : Noctua D14 but no lga 2011 kit and thinking of water cooling.
    sound card : creative x-fi titanium pro pci-e x1
    hdd's : 4 total 3x500gb and 1Tb
    dvd's: 2x lg dvd/rw

all other accessories seems cool for me just thing about case and hardware, thinking about something high like x79 or ivy bridge but ivy looks not available yet.

here is im thinking about
    ASUS Rampage IV Extreme or as rock extreme 9 or msi x power 2 also gigabyte ud3 available in our markets with cheap price but looks poor. (need more pci-e cuz it will be 4 pci-e devices two video cards with my old pci-e x1 sound card and look for pci-e storage using pci-e x8.
    core i7 3930k
    ram 16g still confused about high frequency still expensive
    2x ATI 7950
    OCZ revodrive 3 x2 128g or 240g or maybe some sata 3 ssd ( cuz i love flashy windows).
    cooler maybe pick up only D14 kit with im sure can't find it maybe i will got H100 or will see how much extreme WC system cost with cosmos II.

priority buying from amazon.com other sites cost me more money and more time.
    tell me what u think guys.
    thanks a lot dear friends :toast:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  2. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
  3. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    intel stock wc seems poor to me, i am look for high overclocking like 4.2ghz and over so i need better one cuz in my country summer will be like hell.

4. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    I'm on a fixed income, and dead poor Hayder, yes in Canada... but what I did was go 1st gen i7 cpu mobo and new ddr3 ram. Very cheap, and gets you up and running quickly. Use the first gen i7 stuff and newer ddr3 ram until you can afford sb compatible mobo, and then cpu. Move the ddr3 over to the sb mobo ect...
    Also, all my 1st gen i7 parts were used, and I paid much less for them!
    Use that to update to ssds ect, one part at a time!

5. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    i see the corsair H100 cooler, it's look nice same performance as D14, but still think about water cooling system.

6. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    guys any ideas ?

7. Capitan Harlock

Capitan Harlock

Thanks Received:
    h100 in pushpull is very good xd

8. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Get the XSPC RX240? It's a pretty decent kit for the price, definitely would be better than any of the best air coolers, if not then you could always upgrade it. I used to be skeptical of water cooling systems but when I set mine up for the first time it was a lot easier than I thought. I am looking into getting an RX 360 and a new pump/reservoir real soon myself to upgrade my shitty RS240 :).

9. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    i am also think about WC but it will be extra budget for me, NP if it will be something really worth and can be useful in next setup like RX 360, but don't sure if it's can fit in haf-x 942, i read some ideas about this it's looks ok if i use last two bays for DVD's and leave first two bays empty cuz the rad will be block it.
    in fact if rx 360 block my first dvd's bays i will think about rx 480 if it will possible to fit, i like my 942 haf-x, also cosmos II look great but it's support 360 rad in top and 240 in bottom and now way to put 480 rad, at last that's why im still confused cuz cooling is the most important thing to me.

10. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    They are pretty expensive, but these are the new top of the line units from Swiftech.

Rad/Pump
    Block

[​IMG]

The rad combo is nice because it has one of the most powerful pumps, the MCP-35X, built in, and the multiple ports allow for easy parallel loops. The nice thing about the pump is that it's PWM, so you can plug it's lead into the motherboard and it will control the speed. I love mine. The block is just plain sexy, as well.

Granted, the entire Swifty kit is probably within a handful of degrees to the XSPC kit, but it sure is bad ass. Who knows, with the temperatures you reach, the parallel loop may make a big difference. Also, I love my XSPC rad, but they are the thick ones for lower speed fans, not the thinner one in the Rasa kit.

Hayder_Master says thanks.
  11. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    i am checkout 942 haf-x WC modding it's easy to 360 rad with extra thick in top.

is this same one but lower price ??
    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...ot_Included_-_MCR320-Drive-B_Rev2_.html#blank

in fact this combo deal look great even i price, 169$ for 320mm use triple 120m fans, one of the hard things is the how to make a room for pump also afraid from long loop, and now this rad have one and it's good pump too.
    still one thing is this rad really can handle CPU+GPU high overclocking, don't think so do u ?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  12. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received: