1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HDD SCSI to USB adaptor?

Discussion in 'Storage' started by ChristTheGreat, Oct 8, 2013.

1. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys,

I just found a couple of hard drive SCSI at work. We doN,t use them anymore.

looks like this:

[​IMG]

is there any Adaptor to put them USB? cause I hav 3x 146gb 15k, and some 73gb but I would like to clean them, and maybe sell back the 146gb.

I could get a PCI card and plug them into a computer, but USB would be the best didn't find anything. I don't want really to put 100$ on stuff if I was about to resell ;)

Thanks for any help :)

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    http://www.usbgear.net/USB_SCSI_adapters.html

I have no idea how good that'll work though, and I have no idea if they support the correct version, neither do I know how that will work with drives that were part of a RAID setup.

The stuff is there though, hope someone has ideas. :)

3. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    SCSI is sooo yesterday but there are older systems out there that need them. Sell them all and get yourself a usb 3.0 drive enclosure and drive (1 TB = about $80).

4. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:
    I don't know if the drives are working :/ I have 3x Seagate 146gb 15k.5 SCSI no hot swap, 3x Maxtor 73gb SAS 10k, and 3x Maxtor + 1x Seagate 73gb SCSI no hot swap 10k.

that's why I'm looking for a low cost thing to test them :) I would surely sell them if I can!

Thansk for your post guys!

Crunching for Team TPU