1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HDMI In for PC

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dark2099, Oct 8, 2013.

1. dark2099

dark2099

Thanks Received:
    So I've been interested in replacing both my monitors, they're fairly old, want to upgrade to IPS LED monitors. Here is the catch though, my main monitor has built in speakers and 2 HDMI in ports. From some searching I've done, that seems a bit harder to find than it used to, or I just suck at searching. Needless to say, I use the HDMI in and speakers with my PS3. Now sounds I can either re-route through my PC Speakers, but I was wondering if there was a fairly cheap HDMI in card for pc so that I could just plug in through that. Thanks!

2. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    No there is not HDMI "in" for computers. But many monitors have HDMI and PCs have audio in. Or just get a speaker set for the PS3

dark2099 says thanks.
  3. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    There are HDMI in for computers, but they add lag to the connection so playing fast paced games with them is a no go.

Two HDMI connectors is rare these days, but monitors with DVI and HDMI are pretty common. Use the DVI for your computer and the HDMI for your PS3.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  4. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    Or, you could try a Auto sensing (or manual) HDMI switch.
    There are many different ones out there.