• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hdmi no sound 240gt irq issue need modded bio :(

gecko123

Hi
so i have this problem:

"This problems happens on old AGP boards and also on some older PCIe boards. Newer PCIe boards don't have this problem. AGP boards weren't designed for multiple devices on the AGP bus. But this problem has an easy fix. At least for BIOS that rely on ACPI for IRQ routing. For those that don't, you can assign IRQ on the BIOS menu or under the OS.

Certain ATI HDXXXX cards come with an integrated High Definition Audio Controller to provide audio over HDMI. They have an HDMI output. So you will get two devices on the AGP bus. "Bus 2 Device 0 Function 0" and "Bus 2 Device 0 Function 1". Since most BIOS don't provide IRQ Routing for more than "Bus 2 Device 0 Function 0" the graphics function, the HDA function won't get an IRQ and audio over HDMI won't work.

There is a definitive solution for this problem. You need to edit the ACPI table of your System Board's BIOS. Not the Graphics card one! I am going to give a brief explanation on how I achieved this. In the hopes that this information might help others to fix their system board's BIOS too."

so what i need is a moded AMI bios or a "hardware hack", pref a modded bios

hardware hack:
first step is change pci cards in slot's and, if you have that option in mb bios, IRQ settings until you get SAME IRQ (in pci table after bios boot-up) for hdmi and vga. After that, CHANGE your computer driver from acpi to :"Advanced Configuration and Power.." and reboot PC. You don't need APIC table in your OS. This is sh..t. (Software emulation IRQ recourses from APIC table in your board bios). Win2K working perfectly w/o this. After reboot you will have only - TRULY 15 IRQ's in device manager and pop-up window for new driver will surprise you ). Of course, you must enable Microsoft UUA bus driver.

Add:
Don't worry. Most driver's, since W98, work perfectly when you sheering resources. All 24 IRQ's in XP and 255 in Vista are emulated and EVERY OS working through board resources (Unix, Linux, etc).

3 guides on how to do it with award bios on agp
forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=106690
theraptorpit.com/forum/in...showtopic=5166
rebelshavenforum.com/sis-...;f=52;t=000143

i however have a MSI 915gm4 with bios 1.3 (AMI) PCI-e and a geforce 240 gt
Os: win7 my high definition audio bus controller gets code 12, becuse of the irq issue

anyone knows about this and how to make it?

System Name MRCOMP!
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI Gaming Plus
Cooling Corsair 280 AIO
Memory 64GB 3600mhz
Video Card(s) GTX3060
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung Neo
Case No Case... just sitting on cardboard :D
Power Supply Antec 650w
i could be wrong, but afaik, nvidia did not have an onboard audio card in the GTX 2X0 series... etleast not in the highend first gen cards?

you had to use a little audio cable from the motherboard and plug it into the card to get HDMI audio out from your on motherboard audio card.

gecko123

this one kind of does;

"As mentioned before, NVIDIA has slightly changed how their HDMI Audio works. Instead of connecting an SPDIF output from your sound card to the graphics card, the driver will route the audio signal from the sound device over the PCI-Express bus into the graphics card. According to NVIDIA "fully uncompressed 7.1 LPCM" is supported, as far as I know the sound card will take care of decoding the audio from other formats into LPCM. Please note that you will still need an onboard sound device or sound card. Unlike ATI graphics cards there is no complete sound device embedded inside the GPU"